Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Ruger to build a New & Improved 22mag

8K views 52 replies 28 participants last post by  artie 
#1 ·
Our RUGER rep just informed us that RUGER has redesigned the 10/22mag and it will be out late late 2007-early2008. I can not wait!:t :t

#28 ·
re Sgt. Carter -RIP

Actor Frank Sutton -

After Sutton graduated from East Nashville High School, he returned to Clarksville to become a radio disc jockey, then enlisted in the United States Army during World War II, and after basic training, was sent to the South Pacific, taking part in 14 assault landings.:bthumb:

#31 ·
*yawn*

I will believe it when I see it and won't be looking for it. That way I can't be disappointed again.

Hey... I was long time Houston Oiler fan... I KNOW about dissapointment!

#32 · (Edited)
Luckytoo

Well GOLLY

Several of this site's visitors have mentioned a poem they heard Frank Sutton recite on "The Jim Nabors Hour," as well as when he toured in Vietnam. I've been told that as he spoke these words, his eyes misted and his voice cracked with obvious emotion.

A kind fellow named Frank Johnson sent me a copy of this poem, written by Robert Service. At this time of turmoil within the U.S., and the rest of the world as well, I found it appropriate to post this poem.

Young Fellow My Lad

"Where are you going, Young Fellow My Lad,

On this glittering morn of May?"

"I'm going to join the Colours, Dad;

They're looking for men, they say."

"But you're only a boy, Young Fellow My Lad;

You aren't obliged to go."

"I'm seventeen and a quarter, Dad,

And ever so strong, you know."

"So you're off to France, Young Fellow My Lad,

And you're looking so fit and bright."

"I'm terribly sorry to leave you, Dad,

But I feel that I'm doing right."

"God bless you and keep you, Young Fellow My Lad,

You're all of my life, you know."

"Don't worry. I'll soon be back, dear Dad,

And I'm awfully proud to go."

"Why don't you write, Young Fellow My Lad?

I watch for the post each day;

And I miss you so, and I'm awfully sad,

And it's months since you went away.

And I've had the fire in the parlour lit,

And I'm keeping it burning bright

Till my boy comes home; and here I sit

Into the quiet night.

"What is the matter, Young Fellow My Lad?

No letter again to-day.

Why did the postman look so sad,

And sigh as he turned away?

I hear them tell that we've gained new ground,

But a terrible price we've paid:

God grant, my boy, that you're safe and sound;

But oh I'm afraid, afraid."

"They've told me the truth, Young Fellow My Lad:

You'll never come back again:

(Oh God! the dreams and the dreams I've had,

and the hopes I've nursed in vain!)

For you passed in the night, Young Fellow My Lad,

And you proved in the cruel test

Of the screaming shell and the battle hell

That my boy was one of the best.

"So you'll live, you'll live, Young Fellow My Lad,

In the gleam of the evening star,

In the wood-note wild and the laugh of the child,

In all sweet things that are.

And you'll never die, my wonderful boy,

While life is noble and true;

For all our beauty and hope and joy

We will owe to our lads like you."

--- Robert Service

May God bless the families who grieve, the victims who suffer, and the leaders of our nation who must make some very serious decisions.

May those who have gone on rest in peace.

To the United States military personnel, THANK YOU and may God bless you and keep you safe.

To everyone:

PLEASE DONATE BLOOD

www.rissystreasures.com/frank.htm

Click here to go back to the Frank Sutton Web Page.

#34 ·
Flash - new Ruger policy

Flash announcement - Media hoax disclosed.

IDMI Network Release (I Didn't Mean It Nework @ all rights reserved)

Sturm Ruger and Company announced a new policy today.

The anonymous marketing representative who told a RimfireCentral member that a revised Ruger 10/22 .22win mag was going to be put in production was outted today. It turns out that the purported marketing representative was actually a small dealer in Inez, Kentucky who was tired of customers asking him when Ruger would start production again. Out of kindness, he told his whopper.

Despite his protestations of not wanting to tell the truth that no Ruger 10/22 .22win mag was in production, the Board of Directors of Sturm Ruger unanimously voted to cut off shipments of the non-existent Ruger 10/22 .22win mag for three months.

On a more serious note, the secret Ruger engineer who told another Rimfire Central member that a new Ruger 10/22 .22 win mag was in the testing phase was also detected and exposed. It turned out that he was responding to the taunt that Carbine Williams could develop the m1 carbine in a couple of months and here it was since February 2005 and no Ruger 10/22 .22 win mags had been produced.

This presented a dilemma to the Sturm Ruger Board. On the one hand, it could not condone the leak of corporate secrets. On the other hand, it wanted to discourage potential customers from giving up on Sturm Ruger's past representations. After due consideration, the Board sent a memo praising the leak and requesting the Engineer not to provide any information suggesting a completion date of the testing before he retired. It was noted internally that the design engineer was scheduled to retire in 2014.

In related news, the Sturm Ruger Board rejected on an 8-0 vote a proposal by a stockholder that the representative answering questions about the introduction of the revised Ruger 10/22 .22win mag be subjected to a lie detector test.

#43 ·
Chief Says = MY BUDDY would you care to more accurately define that ?

" habit " again , a more precise definition needed.

He is the president of Ruger Co. I doubt if you have any knowlrdge of our
present relationship or the "habits" of either of us. Plus he makes no accusations or claims to future development of any firearms. Straight arrow.

#44 ·
Chief, I meant no insult or insinuation toward yourself. I used the term 'buddy' purely sarcastically since you have made no secret of SR being on your $h!t list for a long, long time.

I have no idea what your relationship with Mr. Senetti is, nor what either of your habits are and never claimed to. I WAS referring to SR's repeated and consistent habit of making anouncements that are never followed by action and product. That is no secret and I think that is a clear example of crossed wires within SR.

I am surprised by your sharp reply and I am sorry if you took offense. I meant none. Obviously I said something offensive in my attempt to be humorous and for that I apologize.

I will make sure to keep your name out of any further posts except to refer to your experience and exploits and avoid any reference to you on a personal basis. Would that be alright?

#45 · (Edited)
Luckytoo

hERES A ALTERNATE RIFLE IN .22 WMR AMERICAN MADE BUT ONLY A 9 ROUND CAPACITY.:confused:
www.ExcelArms.com www.ExcelArms.com www.ExcelArms.com www.ExcelArms.com

Sent : Monday, May 28, 2007 1:17 AM

Subject : SWeeeet! .22 mag rifle $491.00

RIFLE PICTURES

Accelerator Rifle

Accelerator Rifle With Black Shroud

This unique and versatile semi-automatic rifle is chambered for the Hot .17 HMR or the very popular .22 WMR.The features of the ACCELERATOR Rifle include construction from high strength corrosion resistant 17-4 Stainless Steel.The fluted stainless steel bull barrel has a diameter of .875 inches and a length of 18 inches.The comfortable pistol grip stock is molded of Polymer composite for great durability.This rifle includes an aluminum shroud that incorporates a weaver rail to allow the mounting of a variety of scopes,sights and optics as well as the standard red dot sight system.The manual safety as well as the firing pin block ensures safe use.A last round bolt hold open feature will alert the shooter of an empty magazine.The ACCELERATOR Rifle is 100% American made and is covered under a lifetime warranty, and includes a California DOJ approved cable lock.

Caliber:.............................................................17 HMR (MR-17)-.22 WMR (MR-22)
Magazine Capacity:..................................................................................9 rounds
O.A.Length:.........................................................................................32.5 inches
O.A.Height:..............................................................................................7 inches
Barrel Length:.........................................................................................18 inches
Weight:...................................................................................................8 pounds
Material:...........................................................................Stainless Steel /Polymer

RIFLE PICTURES

Models

Models MR-17 or MR-22 and avaliable in either Black or Silver Shroud

Basic

1 (9) Round Magazine
Suggested Retail

$ 465.00

Click to Enlarge

Standard

Red/Green Dot Optic
2 (9) Round Magazines
Suggested Retail

$ 498.00

Click to Enlarge

( 9 ) Round Magazine: $ 36.00 Each

NEW CAMO FINISHES

DESERT DIGITAL CAMO BASIC

1 (9) Round Magazine
Suggested Retail

$ 650.00

DESERT DIGITAL CAMO P2

BSA Sweet 17 scope 3-12x40
Scope Rings
Nylon Sling with Detachable Swivels
2 (9) Round Magazines
Suggested Retail

$ 770.00

CLICK TO ENLARGE

REALTREE HARDWOODS GREEN HD CAMO BASIC

1 (9) Round Magazine
Suggested Retail

$ 650.00

REALTREE HARDWOODS GREEN HD CAMO P2

BSA Sweet 17 scope 3-12X40
Scope Rings
2 (9) Round Magazines
Suggested Retail

$ 770.00

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Package Deals

Packages listed below are for Models MR-17 or MR-22 and avaliable in either Black or Silver Shroud

Package - P 1

Detachable Iron Sights
2 (9) Round Magazines
Suggested Retail

$ 605.00

Click to Enlarge

Package - P 2

BSA Sweet 17 scope 2-7X32
Scope Rings
2 (9) Round Magazines
Suggested Retail

$ 605.00

Click to Enlarge

Package - P 3

Detachable Iron Sights
6"-9" Bipod
2 (9) Round Magazines
Suggested Retail

$ 685.00

Click to Enlarge

Package - P 4

BSA Sweet 17 scope 2-7X32
Scope Rings
6"-9" Bipod
2 (9) Round Magazines
Suggested Retail

$ 685.00

Click to Enlarge

Package - P 5

Detachable Iron Sights
Red/Green Dot Optic
Tactical Side Rails
Flashlight with Remote Pressure Swich
6"-9" Bipod
2 (9) Round Magazines
Suggested Retail

$ 849.00

Click to Enlarge

EXCEL INDUSTRIES, INC.
Corporate Office & Manufacturing Facility
4510 Carter Court Chino, California 91710
Phone (909) 627-2404 Fax (909) 627-7817
Southwestern Manufacturing Facility
Bullhead City, Arizona 86429

www.ExcelArms.com

#46 ·
They have a nice 1911 conversion also!

I think I like the pistol conversion more -- but I have a 10/22 magnum.

The conversion can be had in either 22 magnum or 17 HMR. I was thinking of a nice small game hunting pistol. I'm not sure how much power is lost with the pistol's 8.5" barrel. Should have a flash that would scare away the devil!:bthumb:

#47 ·
Very interesting. Can we have some more information? Maybe some closeups of the action area? Some accuracy test results?

Is the 1911 conversion a standard link type connection or fixed barrel? What kind of accuracy report can you provide on these?

#52 ·
Had a Magnum, sold it.

Personally myself, I can have 13 different shades of fun plinking ammo at $8.95 a brick verses $8.95 for 50 rounds.

Not to mention I picked off 7 pieces of .270 brass in a row at 100 yards with my slightly modified 10/22 with "CCI Minimags".

If I need to shoot farther I just whip out the .223.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.