Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Ruger 10/22Mag - Questions & Rant.

3K views 52 replies 21 participants last post by  outlawsix 
#1 ·
Bought a 10/22 Magnum years ago. Shot great but it suffered from the outer extractor blowing off. Maybe shot around 300-400 rounds through it but after the 2nd time of the extractor blowing off I quit shooting it. Finally gave up on it and ended up getting a Savage 93R17. Well now I have a 10/22 Magnum that I don't want and that the extractor needs to be fixed. Ruger won't send me a extractor - they want me to send it in. Can I get a aftermarket extractor, and is it easy to fix for a novice?

I read that another poster sent his in and they were going to send him a 77/22Mag. Is this what Ruger does as a fix?

Really just want to get it fixed and then sell it to generate cash towards other projects. Are 10/22Mags selling well, and what is the average asking price?

Really kicking myself for trading off the Ruger 96/22Mag I had before it.

Thanks.

#53 ·
Sorry about that. Have been out of the loop for a while.

Holding up fine. Truth be told it hasn't gotten any bigger. But if I had acess to a Tig machine I'd Tig it up. That way you know it is a good metal to metal patch. Since I don't have acess to a Tig I'll continue to run with the JB trick.

But if it ever gives up the ghost I'll get a VQ bolt and let ya'll know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.