Earnest? - Page 61 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-14-2021, 01:02 AM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Al, always thought this, pistol shooting well is the hardest, any form of 3p shooting like pistol shooting took a long time to master. as far as bench shooting any fat guy with deep pockets could win. morbidly obese has found a place in shooting...ain't life a bowl full of jelly....lol...marty
Old 09-14-2021, 06:36 AM
Turbosam
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not only morbidly obese but %%%%%%%s like you huh marty.

Last edited by Turbosam; 09-14-2021 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:13 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Last shack run was a piscatorial bust so with tail tucked between my legs we attacked in another direction last nite and beat feet home before a strong storm during the night. The shack is in an area prone to power outages with 90% of the lines next to decrepit trees taller than the poles and... the spousal unit detests being there w/o her conveniences, and me too for that matter.

Yesterday I wasted 10 rds of RWS RT and 40 rds of Minimags hp thru my Rem 597-22 equipped with VQ carbon fiber barrel/Leupold VX2 3-9 EFR tweaking the zero @ 35yds for flying shots @ crows on the wing.

34˚ yesterday am @ the shack

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1631625033
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C407741E-11A1-4C2E-BA10-0D9DC6E86BAF_1_201_a.jpg (480.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-15-2021, 10:02 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosam View Post
sam, never ever thought about bib overalls or suspenders...both should be banned from any form of the shooting sports.....marty
Old 09-15-2021, 10:06 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Al, nice pic, mostly in the low 90's, should be transitioning out of our rainy season soon, can't happen anytime soon enough, need a few extra yards of roll out for my golf game...lol.... marty

ps: wonder what suspenders and bib overalls would look like on the golf course....can't make this stuff up.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:11 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosam View Post
sam, who in their right mind wants to spend their life looking like br549 junior samples???? explain that one. thanks marty
Old 09-18-2021, 02:26 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by earnest View Post
Al, nice pic, mostly in the low 90's, should be transitioning out of our rainy season soon, can't happen anytime soon enough, need a few extra yards of roll out for my golf game...lol.... marty

ps: wonder what suspenders and bib overalls would look like on the golf course....can't make this stuff up.
Be a hoot if one could score regularly under 72 eh?
Old 09-18-2021, 10:13 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
threw my back out, might be on injured reserve. WE ARE PENN STATE! marty
Al. have had 13 surgeries all from something I did that I thought was a good idea or fun. being an old man now I figure why change..marty

Last edited by earnest; 09-18-2021 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:16 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by earnest View Post
threw my back out, might be on injured reserve. WE ARE PENN STATE! marty
Al. have had 13 surgeries all from something I did that I thought was a good idea or fun. being an old man now I figure why change..marty
Good luck with the back Marty.
Everything I do every day is now dangerous and I do my best not to injure myself.

Wife and I pulled the boat this am and done till next year. After sitting in the water for over 5 mo. the hull below the waterline is covered in slime and zebra mussels. My poor abused 28? year old baby. bad Al....
Old 09-20-2021, 07:15 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
got a spinal in the lower back this morning, feel ok. think I have 1 more left for the year as the # of injections are limited. don't mind the ones in the lower back, the ones in the neck are a PITA....marty

Al, thanks to the folks up north we will get a brush of a cold front. might see lower temps and humidity. think this year by far was the warmest with high humidity since moving here. don't know how those that work outdoor cope.

Last edited by earnest; 09-20-2021 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:33 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Al, think part of this story was told before, my bud Tim arranged with the owner of woolrich in lock haven pa to fish at big pine creek, this fella was a know trout fisher that fished everywhere. so he and I started out on opposite sides, this is fairly big water. I said I'll cross over and fish what would be the western side. so at the base of the pa grand canyon the western side sees the sun 1st. added to that I had a 5-6 weight fly rod with a fast tip made into a spinning rod.so I had a barrel swivel with light line forward. end results after several runs I was up 17-2 as far as trout. after lunch we switched sides, he the west me the east. well the sun had warmed the east bank and 2lb test aft of the barrel swivel with wax worms had the same results. golf and fishing are fairly similar...stream management and course management....just simple basics to most things. by the way the owner of woolrich never asked Tim to go fishing again.... marty
Old 09-23-2021, 09:58 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
golfed today at south port, par on the front nine, not so hot on the back nine. finished with a 79, fairly sore this evening. marty
Old 09-23-2021, 10:54 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Al, fairly certain we are not living in Truman's world, but, Wayne's world. sure wish my dad and grandparents were in charge of stuff today..........marty
Old 09-24-2021, 10:47 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got shot tonight..... the 3rd one, booster shot that is. I called and Walmart said its a walk in and I did. Its the same high tech blended concoction including a replacement chip to show how boring my geezer life really is.
Got a bit punky the day after the 2nd one so I'll be paying attention tomorrow nite.