Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:12 AM
fastlane604

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Low ready draw time

I have never started a steel challenge stage at low ready. I shoot carry optics in local steel challenge matches and I'm thinking of also shooting rimfire rifle open. What is a good low ready draw time. I know the GMs will be much faster than the Bs, but what is a good median time to set as a goal? Thanks.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:03 AM
lasnyder
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
fastlane... not an answer to your question, but I've done some research as to reaction times... as a former classroom science teacher I had a pool of 14-15 year old lab rats for over 25 years... one lab I did was to drop tennis balls off the school stadium to determine gravity rates, and one of the problems was getting the student dropping the balls to release as those timing the fall started the stop watch... so in preparation, I had them drop meter sticks, and work the reaction time from the distance they caught the stick at (d=1/2 a(t2))... what we came up with

left handed students.... ~ .12s
right handed, but left eye dominant , ~ .15s
right handed, interlace your fingers, and cross your thumbs, with left thumb on top, ~.18s
right handed, dominant right eye , ~ .21s

over the 35 years I shot USPSA and 3 gun, I had an opportunity to talk to a lot of World Class shooters... the preponderance were right handed with dominant left eye...

Les L747

`

Last edited by lasnyder; 07-29-2021 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:15 PM
Bullet Bob
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks, lasnyder, that's interesting information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2021, 04:37 PM
fastlane604

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Since no one is has an answer, let me rephrase the question. What is your low ready draw time?
Old 08-01-2021, 08:53 AM
lasnyder
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
fastlane... I'm 73 (B class 70.39 percent RFRO) and have a .20s + reaction time... a first shot hit on Smoke and Hope around .55s is the best I can do... closer to .95s on smaller, more distant, first plate

regards Les
Old 08-01-2021, 11:31 AM
fastlane604

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasnyder View Post
fastlane... I'm 73 (B class 70.39 percent RFRO) and have a .20s + reaction time... a first shot hit on Smoke and Hope around .55s is the best I can do... closer to .95s on smaller, more distant, first plate

regards Les
Thanks, Les. That is helpful. I typically shoot Carry Optics so have always drawn from surrender. I just bought a RFRO gun. I haven't taken it to the range yet, but was wondering what the difference in draw time would be.
Old 08-01-2021, 06:12 PM
Nolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane604 View Post
Thanks, Les. That is helpful. I typically shoot Carry Optics so have always drawn from surrender. I just bought a RFRO gun. I haven't taken it to the range yet, but was wondering what the difference in draw time would be.
It takes me anywhere from a couple of minutes to an hour to draw my RFRO depending on the level of detail and whether or not the drawing is color or just a line drawing.

For RFRO first shot times under .40s to be competitive on Smoke and Hope, low .60's on most of the other stages.

Nolan
Old 08-02-2021, 08:46 AM
fastlane604

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
It takes me anywhere from a couple of minutes to an hour to draw my RFRO depending on the level of detail and whether or not the drawing is color or just a line drawing.

For RFRO first shot times under .40s to be competitive on Smoke and Hope, low .60's on most of the other stages.

Nolan
Hah. I'm new to the Division. Thanks for the clarification and the first shot time.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:25 PM
reptiman
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
I'm a B shooter (RFRO) and am in the .50-.80 range, depending on the size/distance of the first plate.