Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ 452 Varmint. Or Special?

466 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Chunckchucker 
#1 ·
Hi. I haven't posted much here. I have read a bunch. This is a great forum. I am actually a moderator over on the CZ forum. There seems to be more action here on the Rimfire rifles than over on at czforum.com.

Anyway I believe I have decided that I need a .17hmr. I checked them out at a local gunshop today. I looked at the CZ, Savage, Marlin, and Ruger. The one that stood out was the CZ. The metal work and finish was much nicer on the CZ. Being an avid CZ pistol shooter, this excited me.

I have pretty much decided on the 452 vamint. I plan to set it up with a harris bi-pod.

I have noticed on gun broker and a couple of posts here that there might be a "special edition" 452 varmint. Is that the case? If so, what are the differences?

Also could some of you recommend a ring and scope combo for me? I would like to stay under $200 for the scope. I'll punch paper a little and also shoot rabbits, squirrels etc......

#2 ·
There was a special edition of the Varmint made for Accusports. They are basically the same as the American, except the barrel is heavy and has no barrel lug. The action, like the American, uses two action screws as a opposed to the one action screw and barrel lug setup of the regular varmint. As for the scope, I'll say what everyone probably will. Burris Signature Zee rings with the Simmons WTC18. Midway has the scope on sale for $99 right now.

Chunckchucker

#3 ·
That scope looks great. Just what I am looking for. A couple more questions.....
Do I need a certian size of Burris Zee Rings? Will they require any special adapters to work with this gun? Where do I buy them online for a good price?

#4 ·
I am not sure which groove the special Accusport model came with. I imagine you would need at least medium, possibly high rings. Brookie makes an adapter for the CZ to fit weaver style rings. You might try contacting him to see if he knows which groove this model has. He is a member on this forum. MidwayUSA has about the best price around for Signature Zee rings.

Chunckchucker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.