Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:51 PM
oleshooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddresser View Post
Per CZ-USA range tester in his email to me, 1" group passes their accuracy test.
And I believe that is at 50 yds., should shoot minute of angle = 1/2". Apparently my 455 would not shoot 1" for them, I know I sure couldn't get it to do it very often.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Bumper

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Just out of curiosity, what type of ammo are you shooting for score?
Old 07-14-2013, 03:52 PM
oleshooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
Just out of curiosity, what type of ammo are you shooting for score?
Wasn't shooting for score, just trying to get a decent group. I used Eley Tennex, Wolf MT, SK Std. +, Federal Ultra Match and several other cheaper brands.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:27 PM
pubb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
And yet the money they take in per rifle is the same. Doesn't quite seem right, does it?

To be truthful, a premium rimfire being specc'ed at 2MOA for 50m? That's really not good enough. I got far better from a $200 Savage MkII with bull barrel and tupperware stock.

P

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsomers View Post
There is always variation, and there are always outliers - good and bad.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:35 PM
TheKnack
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Any .22 rifle that does not do better than 3/4"-1/2" at 50 yards goes down the road. No excuses.
I once had a CZ75B pistol with unusual immediate wear to the slide. It took getting Angus H. one of there top pistol team shooters to intervene before they made it right and replaced the pistol.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:34 PM
pubb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The betting continues...

I tried to call CZ-USA to see what they did before the rifle makes its way back to me. Seems they are closed today! The suspense builds!

P
Old 07-15-2013, 01:19 PM
timberbeast

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddresser View Post
Per CZ-USA range tester in his email to me, 1" group passes their accuracy test.
That is correct, CZ-USA considers a rifle shooting 5 shots inside 1" at 50 yards as acceptable accuracy.

In fairness, that is not bad accuracy at all, and it is only because so many of us have found CZs that shoot on average to MOA that we have come to expect it from all CZs with all kinds of ammo and in all conditions.

My best CZ, a 452 Full Stock in 22LR, will average 0.4" at 50 yards, with 7 of 10 groups under 1/2" and all of them under 3/4" using Wolf ME ammo. Others have much more accurate CZs.

While I hope pub and ddresser get better accuracy results, the 1" at 50 yards is the standard CZ uses. If you want a guarantee of better than that, you either buy Cooper or Anschutz or keep working on your CZ. And unfortunately, some CZs may never shoot MoA.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:48 PM
JNW

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Its sad that I feel better knowing I am not the only person who can't get their CZ to shoot MOA. I am hesitant to start putting in pillars, bedding and recrowning. I bought a CZ because I thought I did not have to do that. I can't afford that Cooper or Anschutz - maybe a Savage? Hoping to run across a 52 sporter at a garage sale for $100 this summer.
Regards,
Jeff
Old 07-15-2013, 02:54 PM
pubb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This may be heresy in these parts, but if I am truthful: part of me wishes I hadn't gone "up the ladder" from Savage to CZ. Either stuck with my excellent Savage or just gone right to the top with a low-end Anschutz.

If I knew everything, I wouldn't need to keep living, right?

P
Old 07-15-2013, 03:17 PM
gunfan2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I suppose mine might be an odd ball, but have a 455 varmint and a standard weight barrel, both shoot under .5 at 50 and the varmint will shoot .625 at 100.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:39 PM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongPlay View Post
Well, at the peril of having the 455 folks pillory me, I think my bet would be to place your next bet on a 452. I think more of the money CZ got for building the 452 actually went into producing a higher quality product as opposed to going towards the higher margins for a profit. I am a fervent capitalist, so do not get this wrong. I agree that for any company, CZ in particular, the profit motive should push the goals and efforts of a company. But to back slide in the production of a several decade long quality platform is going to show up in time. I think it is doing so.
I've been thinking this same thing the more I read threads on the CZ site. It "seems" that there is somewhat more dissatisfaction re: 455 models than with 452 models, but I may be mistaken. However, from my own experience with my 455 in .17 HMR, I would choose a 452 over a 455 if they were sitting side by side on the dealer's rack. No offense intended.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:52 PM
ddresser

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alum572 View Post
I've been thinking this same thing the more I read threads on the CZ site. It "seems" that there is somewhat more dissatisfaction re: 455 models than with 452 models, but I may be mistaken. However, from my own experience with my 455 in .17 HMR, I would choose a 452 over a 455 if they were sitting side by side on the dealer's rack. No offense intended.
Shooting a friends 452 Lux is what sold me on the idea of owning a CZ. Last summer he had acquired a 452 Lux and mounted peep sights on it. We were at the range shooting steel silouettes (sp.?) at 200 yds. Even with my old eyes, and never having shoot the rifle before, was able to "ring the bell" every time. So when it came time to decide on a 50 yd. BR gun CZ was my choice.

Again, they are a fine rifle, but I ended up purchasing a Savage BTVS to shoot our league with. This rifle was good to go right out of the box. Still working on the CZ though, and I WILL get it to shoot with the Savage.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:45 PM
pump .22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I own six CZs and the least accurate one will average 1/2" at fifty yards. But I tend to wonder if the 455 if up to snuff with the 452. I don't own a 455, but based on the seemingly larger number of complaints about the 455 compared to the 452, that is the impression I tend to get. Perhaps some day I will try a 455 just to see what results I get.

As for the Savages...I'm sure they are good guns for the money, but if I am picking one up out of the box new and shooting it, my money goes on the CZ....

Just my opinion of course, and no offense intended.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 PM
MarkBrumbaugh

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Personally, I think a lot of the fun is fiddling with it until you can get your 1 MOA. Some may take a lot, some may never make it, but most of the posts have eventually gotten there. That front action screw is the culprit in my opinion. Itty bitty piece of wood for the action to compress at ANY torque setting whatsoever. That can't be a reproducible set up and any metal pillar will fix it if done correctly. Least ways that has been my experience with two stocks under a 455.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 PM
JNW

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I bought a 10/22 to "fiddle" with. It's an economy gun with a less than ideal design for accuracy. Yet, my 10/22 can nip at the heels of my 455 Varmint, which is a much nicer, better engineered gun that was theoretically designed for accuracy. And today it is not possible to just go out and buy 5 or 10 kinds of decent ammo to see what your rifle likes. Do I have to keep buying CZs until I get that fabulous out of the box shooter I thought I was purchasing? Is it possible that CZs are not as a rule incredibly accurate and only that small group of outliers on the accurate end of the spectrum post here? Sorry to rant.
Jeff

Last edited by JNW; 07-15-2013 at 10:48 PM.