Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Poly 80/ Other 80% 22 Conversion Build Thread

2K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  crackedcornish 
#1 ·
OK so I'm almost ready to finish my PF940v2 Standard Black with my Tac Sol STG 22 Glock 17 upper End . I am using OEM Glock 17 Lower Parts . Anyone els go this route and have success ? I really like this Concept and the build is a nice changeup from the Retro AR15/M16 Game I've been playing for too long . ( Best build Interlude/Changeup for me since my British L1A1 kit from the Big Reno Show last Year ...:bthumb:

#7 ·
they have printed "FOR USE ON FACTORY STOCK GLOCK PISTOLS" in red right at the top of the first page...and my first full size kit didn't work correctly on my original P80 Spectre frame, but they work fine on the new V2 ones

I'm hoping AA comes out with a kit for the P80/Glockstore SS80 so I can shoot .22LR out of one of these too

#15 · (Edited)
Well The Glock 17 ( Gen 3 ) Lower Idea Is too cost prohibitive ( in Ca. I can’t just order a Frame or Stripped frame off of Gunbroker ) so instead of buying a new or used Complete Glock 17 pistol I’m ordering another Poly 80 V2 full sized frame and using that with my second TSG 22 Conversion unit .

#17 ·
Yes , (Rifle is kosher for Frame / Receiver only thus AR15 / Retro M16 ... Lowers are OK ) ( Handgun Roster is shrinking and the Frame is treated differently in Ca. on HG ) My Go To FFL has worked miracles for me in past on AK/AKM purchases and finding good prices on obscure Products but their hands are tied here ) ( One last chance is that "A Friend" or a Shasta County Resident has a decently priced Glock 17 Gen 1- Whatever ) is willing to do Transfer (Frame or entire Pistol ) at said FFL or consignment Transfer of pistol already in State . There may be more options (Familial Transfer ... ) but it gets complicated

#20 ·
Second P80 V2 full size 22 Lr build underway ( 2nd New TSG 22 G17 Conversion Upper came with 4 Mags and original hard plastic case ) and I’ve got OEM Glock lower parts for this build too . Am thinking of getting Las Vegas Raiders logo engraved on each side of The grip when I have Frame serialized ...

#21 ·
Second P80 V2 full size 22 Lr build underway ( 2nd New TSG 22 G17 Conversion Upper came with 4 Mags and original hard plastic case ) and I've got OEM Glock lower parts for this build too . Am thinking of getting Las Vegas Raiders logo engraved on each side of The grip when I have Frame serialized ...
I used Glock lower parts in all of my P80 lower builds...Midway had them at good prices back when I was doing mine... they were $50, and came with the factory extended releases for the mag and slide and a choice of grooved or smooth faced triggers...I chose smooth on all of them, but still ended up swapping in Overwatch Precision DAT trigger blades on most of them anyway

I see Midway wants $80 for the lower parts kits now :(

#23 ·
Randy “Vader Spade” (Vader Tactical ) can’t
Put Las Vegas Raiders logo into Plastic frame so i’m Rethinking the second TSG 22 /V2 Full size build . I may have him engrave Raiders Logo on Slide ( both sides) along with the serialization . And i’m Having second thoughts about removing stippling to get a GEN 1 Glock 17 Retro look

#24 ·
Randy "Vader Spade" (Vader Tactical ) can't
Put Las Vegas Raiders logo into Plastic frame so i'm Rethinking the second TSG 22 /V2 Full size build . I may have him engrave Raiders Logo on Slide ( both sides) along with the serialization . And i'm Having second thoughts about removing stippling to get a GEN 1 Glock 17 Retro look
contact the Glockstore, they may be able to do it for you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.