HB Bmag’s purchased in the last year, performance - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-17-2021, 07:52 AM
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Ordered a Boyd's Pro-Varmint in Forest Camo, lord only know when it will show up.
I knew you would eventually go this route. Donít think you will be disappointed! If nothing else it will give you more confidence when shooting.

Best of Luck
Wonderdog1
Old 04-19-2021, 06:31 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
I have a A17 Savage that shot only so-so in the Rubbermaid stock and after watching Cavedweller's video I restocked and bedded it with good results, figured since this one shoots might as well give it every advantage....

Old 04-19-2021, 10:29 AM
B23
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I have a A17 Savage that shot only so-so in the Rubbermaid stock and after watching Cavedweller's video I restocked and bedded it with good results, figured since this one shoots might as well give it every advantage....
Hopefully, you lucked out and the trigger in your A17 wasn't so bad but the best thing I did to my Target Sporter Laminate A17 was spend half a day messaging the trigger because holy moly was it B A D from the factory and made shooting it with any level of real accuracy very difficult. Once I got the trigger fixed I've actually been really impressed with how well my A17 shoots and it will regularly out shoot my Sav. model 93 HB SS Laminate 17HMR.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:55 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
My trigger isn't great (but then all the Sav. accutriggers are nothing to get excited about) but is manageable, with ammo it likes it will do MO Ground Hog to 150 yards with no trouble. It doesn't get out much as I really prefer my bolt action rifles.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:56 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Ordered a Boyd's Pro-Varmint in Forest Camo, lord only know when it will show up.
Dressings for the fastest most powerful rimfire in the galaxy that will shoot 1,000yds on Mars!!
Old 04-20-2021, 08:47 AM
B23
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Dressings for the fastest most powerful rimfire in the galaxy that will shoot 1,000yds on Mars!!
Ha! And I thought I was the trouble maker.
Old 04-25-2021, 11:10 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post

Ha! And I thought I was the trouble maker.
LOL! Still charged, Al!

I fixed my BMAG WSM. Given the faults of the first model plastic stocked skinny barreled model, I bedded the stock and also bedded two 3/16" threaded steel rods in the flimsy forearm that fixed it dang right proper. Wedging the barrel from the left side of the stock forearm with a removable wedge fixed another problem.

A Glades Armory bolt handle added affords some good scope clearance from the new Burris scope.

Rifle shoots great and likes 20gr fodder. More squirrels will die.

I had a serious problem of my rifle having many misfires so my gunsmith ordered a new firing pin and spring which didn't fix it. When he put the new parts in, the bolt still had an internal bind, so Larry removed a couple of coils of the firing pin retaining spring and problem fixed! I have ran a lot of rounds since the fix and the bolt functions perfectly.

Last edited by Old Hickory; 04-25-2021 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-25-2021, 01:02 PM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Dang, Boyd stock ordered the 16th is shown for delivery tomorrow, past experiences have been more on the order of a month, trigger guard is in route, sweet.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:20 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Dang, Boyd stock ordered the 16th is shown for delivery tomorrow, past experiences have been more on the order of a month, trigger guard is in route, sweet.
So, you received your new stock and trigger guard and have installed? And sighted in?

I was wondering if you had to do some fitting of the stock.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:32 AM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Nope not doing a thing, got a gunsmith who is a lot better at such than me and I really don't have a good place to work right now. I'll have it back in a 4-6 weeks.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:03 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Nope not doing a thing, got a gunsmith who is a lot better at such than me and I really don't have a good place to work right now. I'll have it back in a 4-6 weeks.
Maybe sooner if it drops right in, we hope. I am fortunate to have a shop where I can do it myself. I rotate that between my knife work. Shop is semi retired.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:49 AM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
Maybe sooner if it drops right in, we hope. I am fortunate to have a shop where I can do it myself. I rotate that between my knife work. Shop is semi retired.
Had a heck of a nice shop in my previous house, one 12 foot long bench for reloading and firearms work, another along an outside wall with a large window where I set a box fan to pull fumes out when I case bullets, that one also used for general work space and wood working. No basement in this house, sold off my saws, lathe etc.. Put a 10x12 wired building out back which the wife immediately filled with her junk.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:13 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Had a heck of a nice shop in my previous house, one 12 foot long bench for reloading and firearms work, another along an outside wall with a large window where I set a box fan to pull fumes out when I case bullets, that one also used for general work space and wood working. No basement in this house, sold off my saws, lathe etc.. Put a 10x12 wired building out back which the wife immediately filled with her junk.
Put up another and label em HIS & HER'S?
Old 05-06-2021, 08:45 AM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Put up another and label em HIS & HER'S?
I've threatened to burn it down and start over, most of what's in it has been there for 20 years with out her touching it.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:44 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I've threatened to burn it down and start over, most of what's in it has been there for 20 years with out her touching it.
C'mon Gerald, what would happen were the shoe on the other foot?