Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

20 moa rail for RAR

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  chief101 
#1 ·
Anybody here know the math to figure out how much shim I need to turn a standard RAR Target rail to 20 moa? I want to try first before I purchase a ready made rail so I get the right one. Thanks for any assistance.

#4 ·
That is the one I was looking at but there happens to be some misalignment issue somewhere that doesn't allow me to zero on a 200yd target. I put a hi quality 30mm scope on and still not enough adjustment. So, versus sending it back to Ruger I thought I would just get a rail that would get me there.
Toomany, I doubt I could adjust to 10" at 50 yds...a zero at 50 yds leaves me only 12 moa of adjustment up...

#6 ·
I was aware of that Toomany...I have seen in the past when it didn't matter to me a formula to figure it out so I can do the shimming here in the shop. I like the rail that RS mentioned as it's longer so that with the larger scope I am using I can spread the rings a little further apart. Just wasn't sure the 25moa rail would give me the short range adjustments I needs...
RS, my target model came with a 0 moa rail that should have given me the range I need, it just didn't...

#12 ·

The 25 moa rail did the job. This has been a finiky rifle but it has been worth it. It shoots SV by CCI well. A couple of thousand rounds and if I keep the cleaning rod away it keeps doing well. Here is the sighting in target starting below the pic moving up at perfect intervals with the scope adjustments. 50 yds only and all 3 shot groups thast can be covered by a dime. Normal is 10 shot groups well under an inch...and if the wind will ever chill out maybe I can get some 100 and 200 yd groups.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.