Is there an aluminum chassis for the Ruger American rimfire that is USA made? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:50 AM
moreguns

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Is there an aluminum chassis for the Ruger American rimfire that is USA made?

I want an aluminum chassis for my stainless target model. I know about the MDT brand. Are there any other options without having one custom made ?
Old 11-21-2020, 09:17 AM
GladesGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes there is:

https://mdttac.com/us_en/lss-rimfire...is-system.html

MDT LSS-RF chassis system works great. I have it on my Savage Mark II

Sorry, I guess you already know the MDT chassis. I wouldn't bother with anything else personally

Last edited by GladesGuy; 11-21-2020 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:41 AM
moreguns

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GladesGuy View Post
Yes there is:

https://mdttac.com/us_en/lss-rimfire...is-system.html

MDT LSS-RF chassis system works great. I have it on my Savage Mark II

Sorry, I guess you already know the MDT chassis. I wouldn't bother with anything else personally
Did your accuracy improve after you put it on the rifle? What kind of stock did it replace?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2020, 04:30 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
I have two of MDT chassis systems on Howa Mini Actions and like both but I've always preferred the XL model which sadly is not an option for any rimfire. As far as I can remember MDT is the only game in town for a RAR chassis. If you want chassis options it's CZ or Tikka mainly or those 700 footprint high dollar rigs.

Anyway, good luck and also remember that Boyds inlets for the Target version now. Good option when bedded.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:51 PM
moreguns

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodak View Post
I have two of MDT chassis systems on Howa Mini Actions and like both but I've always preferred the XL model which sadly is not an option for any rimfire. As far as I can remember MDT is the only game in town for a RAR chassis. If you want chassis options it's CZ or Tikka mainly or those 700 footprint high dollar rigs.

Anyway, good luck and also remember that Boyds inlets for the Target version now. Good option when bedded.
I had Boyds send me a At One stock. The bolt cut was off by almost 1/2 of the slot. The bolt wouldn't even come close to fitting. The action screw holes were too small to take the steel pillars. The ejection port cuts didn't line up with the ejection port. It had a frond that wasn't centered on the stock. The finish was bad. A corner of the mag opening had missing wood. I will NEVER buy another Boyds stock. I got a refund for it. That was the 3rd Boyds I had. I sent 2 back. The 3rd one I got shafted on because I had slightly modified it to fit. Boyds will never get any of my business ever again. Its to bad , but I had my 3 strikes.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:35 AM
GladesGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreguns View Post
Did your accuracy improve after you put it on the rifle? What kind of stock did it replace?
Yes, the accuracy improved and it was a MUCH more comfortable stock to shoot with. The factory black plastic stock was probably the worst stock I have ever put my hands on. Besides all the usual flex of a plastic stock, the geometry of the stock made it impossible to get a good cheek weld using a scope. This on a rifle with no sights! Savage makes good guns but there was no excuse for such a poorly designed stock.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:07 AM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreguns View Post
I had Boyds send me a At One stock. The bolt cut was off by almost 1/2 of the slot. The bolt wouldn't even come close to fitting. The action screw holes were too small to take the steel pillars. The ejection port cuts didn't line up with the ejection port. It had a frond that wasn't centered on the stock. The finish was bad. A corner of the mag opening had missing wood. I will NEVER buy another Boyds stock. I got a refund for it. That was the 3rd Boyds I had. I sent 2 back. The 3rd one I got shafted on because I had slightly modified it to fit. Boyds will never get any of my business ever again. Its to bad , but I had my 3 strikes.
Wow. I've had to fit each I've had but only slightly. Like 20 minute job slightly. I think we can all admit the Boyds has been slipping the last 5 or so years. To bad as they had a good thing going till they got to corporate minded.