Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-12-2019, 05:45 PM
smsnyder51

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
volquarsten Black mamba owners?

How many of you guys have the black mamba? Any issues? How you like it?
Old 12-12-2019, 09:48 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I've had my Black Mamba for over a year now and love it. I have 15 magazines and they all work fine. I've shot well over 30,000 rounds with no problems.

I have the 6 inch LLV on mine. I use a C-More sight so the barrel length wasn't really important but I like the balance of the longer barrel.

Volquartsen also makes a nice holster for the Mamba. I carry in the holster when I shoot Steel Challenge Matches because I don't like the small bags that don't hold my extra ammo.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:32 PM
Dforney

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My FDE Black Mamba with a Burris fast fire 3, has been trouble free, if I had one complaint it’s that it doesn’t shoot accurately with cheap ammo. Most guns don’t though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2020, 05:13 PM
doubleduece

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dforney View Post
My FDE Black Mamba with a Burris fast fire 3, has been trouble free, if I had one complaint it’s that it doesn’t shoot accurately with cheap ammo. Most guns don’t though.
Curious what types of ammo you have tried? Mine shoots great with cheap ammo, but not everyone of them. Mine even loves RGB's which is about as cheap and dirty as you can get. But it will shoot one ragged hole. But I can tell real diiference between my two scorpions. The target frame shoots circles around my 22/45 frame scorpion but that could be because I love the target frame. My daughter OTOH will smoke me with the 22/45, even puts a smile on my face.

Last edited by doubleduece; 02-12-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:05 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine shoots great with Blazer. It out performs most of the expensive ammo and is very reliable. I now shoot Blazer instead of Eley when shooting Steel Challenge Matches.

Eley Force works pretty well also but I still like Blazer. It's cheap and accurate. I do need to clean the gun every 500-1000 rounds.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:17 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I absolute love this handgun very accurate and reliable. I have had no issues whatsoever with it I totally recommend it. I to have shot Blazer with no issues great on steel with cheap ammo GO FOR IT
Old 02-12-2020, 09:23 PM
Surly141

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First post. Just ordered one today. Have the mkiv tactical and love it, but have always wanted a VQ. Mamba appealed to me due to the polymer frame and take down ease. I love the tactical but wanted something on the lighter side. The scorpion is awesome but not a huge fan of the takedown and weight.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:16 AM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I will chime in here since mine has arrived, it is typical awesome VQ quality and the fit and finish is excellent. The trigger is short and crisp as expected. I have a scorpion as well and the quality is on par with that. Due to weather and surgery, I have not shot it yet, but that will change this weekend. If you are on the fence about one, stop thinking and buy it, you will not be disappointed.

Mine is for steel challenge so accuracy is not the main point, I need light and fast and am running a C-more red dot...but I am sure it will also me very accurate. Will report back after shooting it this weekend.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:28 PM
Dforney

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I’ve tried the cheap ammo, and I think it’s more the speed vs bullet. Mine is acceptable with auto match , and standard velocity. I’ll have to try blazer , I have some but haven’t tried it. Most accurate ammo was RWS Target rifle. Going to try it in a steel challenge next weekend.
The more I shoot mine the more my FNX gets neglected. Fun, cheap to shoot, and works for steel challenge.
The volquartsen’s are a lot like modern golf clubs, a lot better than the users. No excuses,its operator error with my mamba.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:19 AM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
For steel challenge, the only thing that matters is reliability. Seriously, that bulk ammo at 15yds isn't likely to hit more than 1/8" off center than Eley Tenex. If you're missing a 10" plate at that range, its you. Blazer is the best bulk you can buy for the money. Aguila would be a close 2nd if it wasn't so gummy.