Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Kimber 82 education

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  coontz74 
#1 ·
I'm about to go take a look at a large collection of Guns for sale. The owner died and family is selling. They made a list of guns and prices. Looks like almost everything is high end stuff. Before I go and decide what I want to buy I'd like a little education on the 82, which I know almost nothing about. There are two listed for sale one just say Kimber 82 with Vari-x 2 4-12x $600 and the other is a Kimber 82 .22wmr with Redfield 2-7x $500. That is all the info on the listing. Just by looking around a quick minute it seems like 82's can be quite valuable. When I look at these what should I be looking for? other than condition.

#2 ·
The kimbers you listed are worth every penny of what they are asking if they are in fair or better condition. With the Kimber 82s beauty is everything, some are shooters others not so much. Both of the two you list have good scopes on them and in my experience, people don't leave high quality scopes on lousy shooters. If there isn't a bunch of rust, and the stocks are not badly damaged, those are two pretty good prices if the scopes are included.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.