Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:13 AM
fmfsrc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Performance Center TCR/22

Wanted to share my experience with my PC TCR/22
Mine is the carbon fiber and hogue stock.
On my third visit to the range with the rifle I had considerable amount of failure to eject.
I had been going to the reange to test different brands of ammo, as I was having issues, all with more or less issues present.
Once I arrived at home, while cleaning the rifle, I noticed that the bolt seemed to be eating the receiver.
Called S&W and so far I have to say the customer support has been very positive.
Shipped the rifle out, and was diagnosed with issues on the receiver.
Was told the receiver had been replaced and it is on the way back to me (actually FFL)
I can only assume they also check the bolt is correctly sized, I mean, I'm not a blacksmith, keeping my fingers crossed.
I will report back once the rifle is home and hopefully that will be the end of my issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200616_181400_1595512680993.jpg (437.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-05-2020, 07:40 PM
JPWILLY
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just purchased one of these too will be a couple weeks befor I get to pick up from FFL
Old 08-07-2020, 06:44 AM
fmfsrc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rifle returned from S&W and basically it was not fixed.

First I find strange that not much documentation was sent to my FFL, her said he was somewhat confused when the rifle arrived... But whatever.

What's important is that I'm having the same issues, I can't imagine this was tested before shipment, cause I had issues on the first magazine.

Yes... I've used about 6-7 brands of ammo, including cci ar tactical, SV and clean (pink poly coated)

What's happening now is that the receiver is holding open as if the magazine is empty, happens randomly, there is no empty brass inside, and no new round in battery.

Happens with Ruger magazines and the factory tcr22, I tried at least 4 Ruger mags.

Something I noticed this time around, is that when the bolt is open the magazine sits flush, when collapsed it gets pushed about 4mm out of the receiver.

Seems to me the bolt might be pushing down on the mag? Probably the bolt is not sized correctly? And seems to me is digging exactly on the same place as before on the new receiver, the paint is already gone after about 200 rounds (took me some time to go over all the brand of ammo)

So it's back on its way to S&W, hopefully I won't be playing this back and forth game for long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2020, 06:48 AM
fmfsrc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWILLY View Post
Just purchased one of these too will be a couple weeks befor I get to pick up from FFL
Hopefully mine was a lemon and your experience will be different. Good luck and enjoy!
Old 08-09-2020, 06:55 PM
JPWILLY
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
sorry youíre having trouble with your rifle... Itís a pain dealing with issues. I hope they make it right after this go around and the rifle meets your expectations.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:53 AM
fmfsrc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well want to give an update... I finally received my rifle back.
It took a lot longer than I expected this time around however I do appreciate that they tested fire the rifle to be working before shipping.
I briefly took it apart and it looks as the rifle was actually fired I will be cleaning it later but so far this is promising.
I also noticed that when the bolt is closed I do not see the magazine being pushed down as it did before I sent it out.
And I also tested which some dummy rounds and they extracted without much effort which didn't happen before.
So all of above points to Smith and Wesson fixing my rifle this time around.
I will definitely go to the range next week but I have a good feeling and I will report back the results