The Watering Hole 10-25-2021 - Page 24 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 08:38 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Howdy all!

A crazy day at work today. It started with the power going out 10 minutes before I had to open the garage door and leave for work. Had to get a ladder, disconnect the mechanism, manually open the door and prop it open, pull the truck out, and reclose the door all with 60 MPH wind gusts with rain and in the dark!!!

Driving my box truck at work was like running a sailboat down the highways. I was getting pushed side to side big time all day!

I managed to get through the day, but was glad when it was over. I have to get up stupid early again tomorrow (4:30 am) so stayed in tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

Saw this on hockey, for Al & Rhody's possible enjoyment:

Thanks Wook!

R

Last edited by Rhody; 10-27-2021 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:01 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Project Rusty Blazer Update: Evaporust bath works...just gotta be patient. Scrub it with brush then let soak some more... getting close to laying down some fresh blue paint & clear coat

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2021, 09:19 PM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey, Don, how much do you pay for your shrimps down there? I had to pay $9 for a pound. Had shrimps cocktail for dinner. Mine were already skinned and cooked, though. Half the cost of the shrimp cocktail rings they sell w/nasty cocktail sauce.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:21 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Caught this guy at the pool today. He was delicious.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1635384060
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3F6ACF9B-0849-4F5F-AB17-1B0A51F8A0CD.jpg (335.9 KB, 8 views)
......Tom Petty
Old 10-27-2021, 09:22 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
Hey, Don, how much do you pay for your shrimps down there? I had to pay $9 for a pound. Had shrimps cocktail for dinner. Mine were already skinned and cooked, though. Half the cost of the shrimp cocktail rings they sell w/nasty cocktail sauce.
Had stone crab last night. $16 a claw. Wasn’t worth it. Was good though.
......Tom Petty
Old 10-27-2021, 10:22 PM
Rock N TN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post

Back in the early ‘60s, we kids would hit the shrimp dock when the shrimpers came in from Galveston Bay and buy bait off the boats at 25¢ for 5 pounds. Ah, the good old days.

Last radiation treatment today. Doc says I have done well. Last chemo on Friday. Then 3 week break and start immunotherapy every other week. 3 weeks to avoid missing because of Thanksgiving.

Still feeling good and ready to get back with a (kinda) normal life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2021, 10:31 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Fantastic report Rock!!!

R
Old 10-27-2021, 10:39 PM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice, Rock.

Even semi-normal can feel like a million bucks when you're coming back from the other side.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:40 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sandman time.

Goodnight Mayor Gigi, Sophia, Marylin, Al, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, COW, Wayne, Gobb, Ranger, Hawkeye, Atonic, W8LON, Darkest, pans, efly, Phil, TinCan, Greggie, Mike, Rock, dlong, Gerald, M92, AZ, Tricks, Brent, jnyork, OldDave, nfcracin, GP, JDWin, Whip, RichJ, squirrel, syfr, JVStalin, zenaca, 404, Wade, koonta, OldSwede, acheyj, vlnbyr, rosscoe, arjay, Flys, wr, labratt, RonL, 1917, Carrij, Mikey, JimWY, Johnny, rj, Rick, calibrian, LASTSHOT and all the rest.

Sleep tight

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2021, 10:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Watched 'Settlers' w/the bride on Hulu. Very recent Brit sci-fi action thriller. I liked it more than the critics. Found it a good 103 minutes of entertainment. Fair serious drama.
--

Have the wheeled trash bin to the street, but need to be up at the crack o' the dawn to finish stuffing it to the gills, lest the crew is early, like they were last week. Winds came up on the powerful side after my last post, NW 25 G 38! Glad I wasn't shooting in any of that! Had some aches creep up on me too, so I opened a bottle of '15 Chateau Cournut 'Tradition', a French cuvée comprised of a 50/50 blend of Grenache & Syrah. Got a good deal on it from my bottle seller on an end of vintage thing. Paid $7 for their last few, rather than the usual $12 or so and its a good value very drinkable red at the normal retail; had two glasses and then took a nap.

Spiral cut ham I'd bought the other day got the slow cooker treatment. Kept it very simple. Threw out the spice packet that came w/it, poured a bottle of generic honey BBQ sauce over it, followed by a can of crushed pineapple, tented it with aluminum foil since it was a might too large to get the lid back on and put the lid on top of the foil to keep it in place. Cooked it on high for 3 hours, then lowered the heat to 'low' for three more. Almost had too much juice! Had to carefully ladle out about 10 fl. oz's before removing any of the cooked slices as its meniscus was right level w/the top of the pot! Next time I'll go with less BBQ sauce and withhold some of the pineapple juice; actually I'll just put some canned pineapple slices on it, next time and leave the juice out altogether. I used whot was on hand. Taste & tender wise, it turned out just fine.

Bride made tater salad to go with it, but that will be even better tomorrow after its been in the fridge overnight.

We'll be eating ham & eggs, ham and grits, ham sandwiches and having more sliced ham entrees for a few days, but neither of us mind in the least as we haven't had one in a while. The ham bone will get used for a pot of beans. I was gonna smoke it, but didn't quite get 'round tuit, 'cause I didn't wanna have to be fooling w/it in the wet.
--

Its been a good day, got some stuff done that needed doing. Feelin' pretty darn good this evening w/aches largely abated, but have not been doin' anything strenuous either.
--

Thinking to just chill a while w/a tumbler of Beam Black XA and read until I start to nod off. Jack & I are the only one's still up. And I don't need to be going to bed this early, unless I wanna be up all the wee hours. Many times, I am anyway.
--

Rock,

And I hope things are going better for Kent, Brent. And you too! Do you take the bluebird houses down for the winter or just leave them up and freshen them in the spring?

I keep waiting for cow to post a picture of a night owl, but then it would prolly look like Rhody, at least on the weekends.
Old 10-27-2021, 11:25 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Come back running Rock.

for 1 star PIRANHA 3D for all y'all lecherous party animals loving bloody horror cinemas with a fair bit of nekkid init. Finn and I laughed thru it nitpicking the flaws, thrills, n chills.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:00 AM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N TN View Post
Last radiation treatment today. Doc says I have done well. Last chemo on Friday. Then 3 week break and start immunotherapy every other week. 3 weeks to avoid missing because of Thanksgiving.

Still feeling good and ready to get back with a (kinda) normal life.
Excellent!

Had dinner with neighbors a few miles over. They're in the generation of some of ye grognards. Wed six weeks after first meeting and been married 48 years.

Now ich bin gestuff and will have to let things settle a bit before I can even think about reclining.

If that doesn't draw GF out nothing will.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:25 AM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Nite owl?

We went to the park, wind was blowing us around.

I took one of Mrs. Cow with her new 500mm lens shooting an owl.
Look at the the birdie...

Just across the way I caught these fall colors.

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 10-28-2021, 01:09 AM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Am I losing my mind or do I see a stuffed animal mounted on the camera?

Old 10-28-2021, 01:28 AM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Am I losing my mind or do I see a stuffed animal mounted on the camera?

I don't think you're mindless.

For some reason COW is written on my calendar for today, but can't remember why, or what it represents.