Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-08-2021, 10:18 PM
Bikeridertim
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbates66 View Post
The older I get the more I realize that time is far more precious than money.
AMEN!
Old 07-09-2021, 12:41 AM
SavagePlinker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There are some slipping through . . .

A NIB RH 452 A .22 went for $630:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/903955962
Old 07-09-2021, 02:02 AM
Mister_22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 457 LUX in .22, the latest I just picked up at the local farm store! Strolled in and there it was... couldn't get my wallet out fast enough!

Because we all like pix...

550 bucks... I'm gonna say $1500 - $2K on GB right now. Like everyone on here... I'm just not willing to get rid of it!

BTW... test Target was Crap! My groups with 10 different ammos were at least 3 to 5 times better than the test target!

Last edited by Mister_22; 07-09-2021 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:02 AM
ballayre
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
... about every other day, that this 452 or that 453 is selling somewhere for some unheard of price, and a person would have to be mighty desperate to pay $1200, even if it is pretty wood. Why they only paid $450 for theirs.....
Just before covid, I purchased three CZ-75 SP01 from one of the big online dealers, for $465. About 6 months into covid I received two separate emails from the same dealer saying 'we know times are hard, and if you are needing cash, we will buy those CZ75's back'. This caused me to check their updated price list which was now $830 for the very same pistols. I saw similar price increases on other sites, for all the pistols/rifles that I usually watch. My two cents is that both ammo and firearms sky-rocketed in price, and just like you mention there is no way I am gonna let mine go at any price.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:03 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
CZ is still pushing some very nice wood out the doors, their current dark stain does hide some of it quite well though.

Butt of my first 457, a Varmint in .22lr

My latest a Lux in .22wmr...

So explain to me why I want to pay more for a rimfire rifle, trust me I have and will again I'm sure.

A couple of custom stocked rimfires that went into four figures.

Custom stocked Brno 3S

Leroy Berry Myrtle stocked Anschutz 1702 HB
Old 07-09-2021, 09:04 AM
neangler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=gcrank1;12381453]It isnt just what has happened with the money supply in the last 18mo, they have been printing loads of faux currency nonstop since at least at least 'The Great Recession'. Every time you double the money supply you cut the purchase power of the currency in half.

Guys, guys, guys....don't overthink this.

A Dem gets into office, and the firearms side loses its collective mind and goes on a buying spree. This happens over and over.....and over again. (And S&W and Ruger shareholders laugh all the way to the bank.)

This bad joke really is on us. There hasn't been a major piece of gun legislation since the "assault weapons ban," which dates all the way back to Clinton, and that had a sunset clause. And during this time, the courts have upheld gun rights over and over again.

Drink the NRA Cool Aid if you want (Wayne LaPierre needs another $300 haircut), but I'm not overthinking this: We are the ones driving up the prices of firearms well above the increase inflation rate, not some increase in the money supply.
Old 07-09-2021, 09:05 AM
neangler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
CZ is still pushing some very nice wood out the doors, their current dark stain does hide some of it quite well though.

Butt of my first 457, a Varmint in .22lr

My latest a Lux in .22wmr...

So explain to me why I want to pay more for a rimfire rifle, trust me I have and will again I'm sure.

A couple of custom stocked rimfires that went into four figures.

Custom stocked Brno 3S

Leroy Berry Myrtle stocked Anschutz 1702 HB
Now THAT'S a collection of beautiful firearms. Congrats!
Old 07-09-2021, 11:21 AM
azshot
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Supply and demand are a bigger factor than inflation. Many other quality .22s are still the same price as they were 3-4 years ago...or lower.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:51 PM
azshot

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
There has been tons of hype on social media about the CZ 452 since I joined this forum. It's not the best .22 rifle in the world by far. It was great because when I joined they were $290 dealer price. A dozen years later when they hit around $500 I stopped wanting another. Today, no way. There are plenty of other old .22s that are as nice, or nicer. I've been buying Winchester 52s, better...and cheaper than the CZs, if you look around. They made a lot of them.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:48 PM
carbineone

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
[QUOTE=neangler;12386149]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
It isnt just what has happened with the money supply in the last 18mo, they have been printing loads of faux currency nonstop since at least at least 'The Great Recession'. Every time you double the money supply you cut the purchase power of the currency in half.

Guys, guys, guys....don't overthink this.

A Dem gets into office, and the firearms side loses its collective mind and goes on a buying spree. This happens over and over.....and over again. (And S&W and Ruger shareholders laugh all the way to the bank.)

This bad joke really is on us. There hasn't been a major piece of gun legislation since the "assault weapons ban," which dates all the way back to Clinton, and that had a sunset clause. And during this time, the courts have upheld gun rights over and over again.

Drink the NRA Cool Aid if you want (Wayne LaPierre needs another $300 haircut), but I'm not overthinking this: We are the ones driving up the prices of firearms well above the increase inflation rate, not some increase in the money supply.
Happy to see someone who gets it...All this goes to firmly support the old saying..A fool and hi money are soon departed..The unwise consumer is simply getting taken for a ride right now..And they appear to be content letting it happen

You are 100% correct..The joke is on those that are not so savvy as some of us are....I always get great deals on Firearms..Always have. No matter the way the Political winds are blowing...You have to put in the effort, or you will get screwed..That simple..

Buy from the wrong places just because you got some free bucks, and you will get taken..

Last edited by carbineone; 07-09-2021 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-09-2021, 02:12 PM
azshot

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
When others are buying, sell. When others are selling, buy.
Old 07-09-2021, 02:13 PM
eggplant
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"The joke is on those that are not so savvy as some of us are..."

LOL
Old 07-09-2021, 02:59 PM
C.C.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
SHYLOCK said it best..."What's the worth of a thing? Just as much as it will bring!" Probably badly paraphrased Shakespeare...50 years since college, but you get the idea.
Old 07-09-2021, 06:24 PM
Mister_22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azshot View Post
When others are buying, sell. When others are selling, buy.
%%%%... that's how it's supposed to work!

I always do the opposite when buying and selling homes, buying and selling stocks, etc.!
Old 07-09-2021, 07:06 PM
Romeo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice wood alway cost a premieum the dealer knows It ,the buyer knows it .and i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Seems as though I read somebody post here, about every other day, that this 452 or that 453 is selling somewhere for some unheard of price, and a person would have to be mighty desperate to pay $1200, even if it is pretty wood. Why they only paid $450 for theirs and $1000 is just plain ridiculous.

However, and not to be too argumentative, if you figure inflation into the equation then some of these $1000 and $1200 prices seem like deals. If you are one of those prone to believe the figures that the government throws at you every day, then you can stop reading here and save yourself the grief of trying to convince me that inflation has been steady at about 1 to 1.5 percent a year for the last 10 or 15 years, give or take. But, I am of the mindset that true inflation has been closer to 10 or 12 percent over those same years. I do know that a porterhouse steak ain't selling for anywhere near the price of 2010. Nor is that Ford F-150.

To my point.., I bought a CZ 453 with great wood 10 years ago. At that time, one had to pay about $75 to $100 more for a 453. For very pretty wood, you could add another $100 just for the vanity of it all. And since I am so vane, I had to add another $100 for beautiful bottom metal. That brought my total out the door price to just over $750. I know.., a lot more than I should have paid. So now, at just 8% inflation adjusted for, I have a $1500 CZ 453 that I am sure would bid slightly higher if I was so inclined. I am not, but these prices being realized on some of those other web sites are FAIR for premium well kept rifles.
. Nice wood cost itís one thing to have a 452 no longer made in you collection ,it another thing to have a 453 probably one built for every 200 452s ,and itís really rewarding to have one of the nicest ever made of a rare gun .I have 3 452 one is a killwell edition with engraved receiver and beautiful wood the test targets then had real holes and this. One is less than a dime.Iíll never sell it but made a big mistake of selling my 453 .I canít even find one so Iíd agree with you if you have one in that condition Iíd probably agree with you