Winchester 1885 22lr accuracy - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:22 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

We have absolutely no complaints about the accuracy of our Miroku Low Walls, but, then, we didn't buy them with the expectation of being match rifles. Every one of them, though, has lived up to that Hunter moniker.

I've been able to squeeze half inch out of our Rimfire Hunter 22 LR using a good match ammo and taking my time at the bench and so on. Using bulk ammo, groups open up quickly, of course, but everything I've shot in it, so far, would be good enough for hunting, as in those 5/8th to 3/4 inch range.

Interestingly, our Rimfire Hunter in 22 mag, which I added to round out our collection of Hunter Rimfires, not expecting anything great, given the 22 mag is always something of a gamble in the accuracy department, has turned out to be the best 22 mag I've owned. It, too, will shoot half inch at 50 yards with 22 mag 30 grain varmint loads, even maintaining that MOA accuracy out to 100.

As for our Low Wall Hunter in 223, it is absolutely sub MOA at 100 yards with the expensive varmint ammo. Even pushes half MOA, now and then.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:48 PM
mike454

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks to everyone for the great information! Will be looking to pick one up in the near future.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:57 AM
Flynmoose
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Moved back east of the Cascades where sanity still exists!
TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
My 22 LR Low Wall shines with SK Pistol Match, Wolf MT a close second. It will see duty as a sage rat gun in the spring along with my other 1885s.
FM