Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-05-2019, 11:26 AM
ilmonster
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New 10/22 LVT Incoming

Well, not having a 10/22 and having read all the good things about the LVT, I decided to pull the trigger and have one inbound (not easy to find new). Mine will be the blue receiver and stainless barrel version (1237). Although I already have a Anschutz 1416HB, I thought a repeater would be nice for silhouette (tapered barrel, so hunter class) without the stupid expensive Anschutz mags, and fewer mag changes in addition to bench work. Also, a good rifle for friends to use that aren't used to the crazy light Anschutz triggers.

I'm going to tentatively put on a Leupold Mark AR 4-12x40 I have laying around and buy a rail of some sort (EGW, DIP, KIDD - thoughts?) and some Burris Sig. Zee rings.

I'll see how it shoots, and what type of trigger it has, but am thinking the full CPC tuneup over the winter. I'll try everything from Federal Auto Match to Lapua Midas+ to see what it likes.

Happy to join the 10/22 club!
p.s. originally had a RAR .22 a few years ago which I really liked, but only sold it as I found a really good deal on the Anschutz and wanted to make tinier groups.

Last edited by ilmonster; 12-05-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:34 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
10/22's are a lot of fun to shoot. You mentioned having something for friends to shoot which is exactly what I do. Whenever I go to the range with a friend who has never shot a rifle or has very little I always bring a 10/22. And I've never had someone not smile after shooting one. As far as rails the EGW is about as good as it gets. The CPC "Full Tune-up" is the best deal there is for a 10/22. You get back a 10/22 that has had literally every single part worked over for optimal accuracy and reliability all for less than the price of a good aftermarket barrel. Good luck and welcome to the 10/22 club.

Last edited by Nick7274; 12-05-2019 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:46 AM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
if you find that it shoots well, and I'm betting that it will, but you still want a lighter trigger for you and your guests to use I would recommend the BX for $50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2019, 03:50 PM
Hacker

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
CPC full tuneup is the only way to go along with a Kidd trigger kit.

I had an LVT I sent to CPC, full tuneup plus threaded the barrel to the receiver. It'd out shoot Kidd Supergrades if I did my part.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:09 PM
ilmonster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hacker, that is really encouraging. Didn't expect a tweaked 10/22 to potentially shoot as well as a KIDD or Anschutz! I'm curious to see how it shoots stock. We'll see...
Old 12-06-2019, 08:42 AM
Rides Alone
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My LVT Got The Full CPC Treatment And I Tape Bedded It . It Shoots Very Good Now
Old 12-06-2019, 09:48 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congratulations Never saw an LVT in real life, so i had to make my own. If you dont need a longer rail this one works fine https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Tactical-...s%2C186&sr=8-7

For a 1022 there are two other accessories that you need, Hornady One Shot Dri Lube, and a bent brush to clean the chamber.

Have fun!
Old 12-06-2019, 12:19 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmonster View Post
Didn't expect a tweaked 10/22 to potentially shoot as well as a KIDD or Anschutz!.
I wouldn't get your hopes up on that. On a given day with the perfect ammo that the rifle shoots best with you may get some groups that will get pretty close. But I wouldn't expect it to outshoot either one on a regular basis.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:09 PM
ilmonster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Agreed. If with the full CPC treatment I can get the occasional 0.5" five shot group, I would be happy. Of course, benchrest accuracy isn't necessary for silhouette competitions (my wobbling will take care of any 1/2 MOA groups!). Should have the LVT middle of next week per FedEx.

Regarding rails, I've always like to use a rail on the longer rather than shorter side just in case. Probably will go with the KIDD, DIP or EGW rail. Also, if I send the rifle to CPC, I will get the rear cleaning hole option so I can clean it like a regular rifle.

Last edited by ilmonster; 12-07-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:20 PM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I bought two 1237 LVT's a couple of years back. Both went in B&C stocks, one with a Kidd single stage trigger at under 1.5 lbs. for me and the other for my wife has a Brimstone 2lb pull. Hers likes CCI SV and shoots it lights out at 25.. that's what she likes to shoot. Mine likes SK Rifle Match (and better). Both guns had Leupold VX2 6-18 scopes with fine duplex reticles. I change the scope on mine to a Muller with illuminated reticle.

This is, if I remember right, a 10 shot 25 yd target that she shot with her gun. She should have quit at 3 shots because all she had were X's:

Nothing wrong with these rifles..... nothing at all save for triggers but thats a personal thing.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:33 PM
ilmonster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, I received my LVT today from my FFL. When I got it home, I gave it a good inspection and found a muzzle with a dent. Looks like someone dropped the rifle on the muzzle! The box wasn't beat up like it was abused. Here are some pic's:

What is the groups thoughts? I reached out to the company to see what they say. As it is on the muzzle, but not in the bore (rifling), it shouldn't affect accuracy. Also, as I'm thinking of sending it to CPC, they could also clean the muzzle end up. Not sure if I want a new rifle, or keep this one and move forward. If sent back though, I'm not sure it would be worth it if I had to pay for shipping back to company, shipping back to my FFL and then a new FFL fee to take possession.

As an aside, for those of you with LVT's, were they free floated from the factory? This one has the barrel tight against both sides of the stock - couldn't get a dollar bill even started down the barrel channel.

Thanks!

Last edited by ilmonster; 12-11-2019 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:55 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
contact Ruger and ask if they can help you out
Old 12-11-2019, 09:00 PM
ilmonster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That was my other thought. As the box it shipped in wasn't in bad shape, I wonder if someone at Ruger dropped the rifle or barrel on the muzzle. It would take quite the drop to get a ding that pronounced on a 3/4" piece of stainless steel. I'll give them a call tomorrow. I'm guessing it would be easier to send a barrel to Ruger than the entire rifle back to the company it was purchased from an incur more FFL costs.

Last edited by ilmonster; 12-11-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:05 PM
armtx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ruger or Randy at CPC for a new crown...I would see if Ruger will pay for a new crown. Doubt they will, but worth the asking for it.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:39 PM
ilmonster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok, took a close look at the box it came in, and there is a small tear in the corner of the box where the muzzle is. Exactly where it smacked the ground The rest of the box is fine. I wonder if the store I bought it from insures the shipments, or maybe submit a claim to FedEx? If not, I think I might be SOL. Hello CPC...

Last edited by ilmonster; 12-11-2019 at 09:55 PM.