Kidd or Feddersen? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-30-2019, 07:19 AM
Ray1946
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kidd or Feddersen?

So have decided to break down and buy another 10/22. The problem is; which barrel to buy? I am impressed with all I have read about the Kidd and Feddersen barrels. They both look like the possible answers to all my accuracy needs and wants.

So, does anyone here have a really valid, unpretentious viewpoint about which is the better barrel? "JUST THE FACTS"..................
Old 11-30-2019, 07:46 AM
flangster

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray1946 View Post
So, does anyone here have a really valid, unpretentious viewpoint about which is the better barrel? "JUST THE FACTS"..................
Drumrollll. "No."

Sorry, that was funny. I have one of each. My best advice, and without trying to be snarky: Flip a coin.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:40 AM
labratt104

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
It really comes down to aesthetics. Both will perform very well.

The Kidd barrels offer a polished finish or bead-blasted. The Feddersen offers both as well, but the polished finish is special order and costs extra, but only about $10 more than the Kidd for the polished version.

Both have big followings.

The Kidd has been available longer. Feddersen offers a "money back" guarantee. Kidd guarantees 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards with match ammunition.

I, personally, have several barrels from each vendor. They all shoot very well. My capabilities as a shooter are not well-honed enough to explore the maximum accuracy potential of either.

It really is pretty much "flip a coin"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2019, 10:46 AM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
This is a case that fits the old adage,"ya pays yer money and takes yer choice".
Plenty of past threads of similar, if not matching, queries if you care to spend the weekend perusing old posts but you will still end up with my first line.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:18 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
I have several of both and can honestly say I would be hard pressed to pick between the 2. They're both very accurate barrels and have guaranteed accuracy (Feddersen doesn't actually put it on their site but they will replace a barrel your not happy with). The only real difference IME between them is the Feddersen barrels seem to shoot better with cheaper ammo. Not a huge difference, but a little. On the other hand why buy an accurate barrel if your not going to use consistent ammo? It's a tough choice. Good luck in your decision.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:07 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Facts:
I never have owned a Fed.
I have owned/still own and have mounted up approx. 3 dozen KIDD barrels and never have had any issues other than miles and miles of smiles with consistent Sub-MOA performance.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:51 PM
Ray1946

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks a bunch, guess I'll bite the bullet and flip a coin......................
Old 11-30-2019, 05:45 PM
GH41

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I have several of both and can honestly say I would be hard pressed to pick between the 2. They're both very accurate barrels and have guaranteed accuracy (Feddersen doesn't actually put it on their site but they will replace a barrel your not happy with). The only real difference IME between them is the Feddersen barrels seem to shoot better with cheaper ammo. Not a huge difference, but a little. On the other hand why buy an accurate barrel if your not going to use consistent ammo? It's a tough choice. Good luck in your decision.
I agree. My 18" contoured Fed barrel shoots the dreaded Golden Bullets inside of 3/4" all day long at 50 yards. Benchrest accuracy not but it's fun enough to dispose of the junk I bought when it was all you could get!
Old 11-30-2019, 06:23 PM
dave19113

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to dave19113
The only thing I noticed; keep in mind I only own one of each, the Fedderson took some time til it became accurate. The kidd shot lights out right out of the box.

My Fedderson is now ridiculously accurate now.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:30 PM
GH41

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
How do you explain that? Sounds like internet push to me. Na-na-na and the goodbye. Next thing you will be telling us is how to breakin a 22LR barrel. Smoke blower.

Last edited by GH41; 11-30-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:10 PM
Sure_Shot

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Kidd generally has a better resale value, as they are well known in comparison. Personally I would purchase a Kidd because I really like the 762 specialty fluted. I wish there was a polished option though.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:50 PM
homersapien
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fit and finish on the Kidd is excellent, and accuracy with my 2 barrels (20" supergrade, 16.5" threaded normal tenon) is exceptional. You simply cant go wrong with them.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:57 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
KIDD barrels are indeed very good-looking they look like movie stars .
Old 12-01-2019, 12:34 AM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
KIDD barrels are indeed very good-looking they look like movie stars .
Pfffft.. if that was the case they would only shoot blanks... and then %%%%% because we Americans are obsessed with guns.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:14 AM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I love my KIDD parts and they are indeed very handsome like showroom condition ..

My mouth dropped when I got my first KIDD barrel about 2 yrs ago ..

Love the ring-like decor adorning the muzzle area.

Finish was perfect too and that says a lot for a perfectionist like moi .