The Watering Hole 12-2-2019 - Page 20 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 09:39 AM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Morning. Clouding up. 46 degrees. Cooked Wifey and I 3 egg, ham and cheese omelets.

Out the door to Lowe's with Wifey. Lunch with developer GF. Wifey busy decorating at a Church and our Church. Seems her calling.

Model train meet at fairgrounds tomorrow and Sunday. Taking 6 NS engines I never run. Been on shelf for years. Take them this afternoon and put on table.

Relax and TV tonight [fingers crossed]. No hunting this weekend as I usually do.

I think the maid in the middle of the photo looks a lot like AZ.

Speaking of AZ. Thanks for the link. Now that is a real peeza.

OH, Sunday is the Town's annual Christmas parade. First time in 19 years I will not be in it. Train meet and then go straight to Louisburg College to help Wifey with the JPAC [performing arts center].

All have a great day.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:56 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Oktobrfest, Munich, 1928.

my 87 year old neighbor who was stationed in Germany in the late 50's insists that Germany invaded France just for the women ;-)

Rich
Old 12-06-2019, 10:04 AM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Presently 42F just before dawn, looks to be a nice day.

Mrs. Cow wants to go up to Fir Island, nearly 2 hours north of us. Lots of wild things to take pictures of.
I can think of several places that are closer...

Life is good!

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 12-06-2019, 10:07 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've attended Oktober Festival in Munich.

I seem to recall the Bayernish Fraulines being more curvy and buxomy.

1928 should see Germany struggling with oppressive restrictions from the armistice causing food shortages. I see no hint of starvation in those 'ladies'. That was the year Hitler was elected in May.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:25 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
All those servers of the two-legged variety except one, not all that visible, look like they may not have made it from the barrel to the bench w/all of the product they were carrying.. or maybe they just ate a lot of donuts.

Had a bud that always traded his skinny summertime GF's in for a heftier model before the first frost and in his case, waiting until the mesquite budded in the spring to go back to a thin one.
--

Last night's munchies & vino were good, but they didn't satiate the bride's hunger and it was very near an Italian place that she & her best friend used to frequent all the time together, so ... she got more vino and her 'usual', a smoked salmon specialty dish of some sort. One of the bites served at the former spot was these little cones made of tortilla stuffed w/salmon over some type of specialty house sauce in the bottom of the cone. They were served in wooden rack with a series of small hole for the cones to fit in & were tasty good, but you'd of needed more than a baker's dozen, perhaps two, to make a meal of them. Watching the cowbots blow it by the end of the first half on one of the screens in the Italian place wasn't much fun and I was tempted to order something of substance from the bar, but I was driving, so let my socially responsible sips of vino tinto earlier serve and stayed w/a glass of water. Cowbots had one of their DT's in the slammer here for being stopped and found w/a quantity of Mary Jane in his vehicle of the green smokable variety Wednesday. Not smart, but you can't fix stupid. There are also some egos bigger than Dallas in the present mix that could use a fix, IMHO. I was introduced to the manager at the Italian place whom the bride knows on a first name basis and when her GF passed earlier in the year, they sent a wreath to her home in her remembrance as she had no formal service, as was her wish. I'd never eaten there before, got their version of a Reuben made w/pastrami & had half put in a to go container. By the time we got home the cowbots had dug an even deeper hole, so I didn't eat the other half of my sandwich or watch the game to the end and retired early. Prescott continues to be a great QB, but there are some others that require motivating and/or replacement.
--

56° presently, wind NW 21 G 29, RH 57% & mostly cloudy, but a few UV's just got thru and that's instantly mood improving medicine for this old geez. I may go and worry some clays later.

Last edited by wookness; 12-06-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:24 AM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:

The front center and front right both look like their making a fist.
The guy on the front left may have been making some rear advances,
and the one in the back right is giving him the evil eye.

The only one who would ever have snowballs chance of being a donut handler is the one in the back right.

Last edited by Hawkeye57; 12-06-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:10 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Old 12-06-2019, 12:13 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I found their choice of colours interesting.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:15 PM
Rock N TN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Comment self censored.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2019, 12:23 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Now that the mayor is not worried about being reelected his mean streaks is coming out. He said I look like and old german bar maid
Old 12-06-2019, 01:27 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Whose map is that, anyway? And Texas shows to have four dif. 'nations' noted when we've had six flags flying over it at one time or another.
--

60°, wind NW 23 G 28, RH 50% and the sun is out! I'm off to worry some clays!
Old 12-06-2019, 01:29 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
“Far out” map....moi is in the far west.
Moi is in Yankeedom. Which is no surprise.....

Old 12-06-2019, 01:32 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I should have cited a source on the map: American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America by Colin Woodard.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:52 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Woof. 4 double baggers out of 5.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got the ears lowered this AM.Barber did break her wrist, had pins and surgery to repair. Cast come off next week.

Made a trip to Dunkin Donuts,picked up 1/2 doz for my mechanics crew.Saw a head-on collision on Main Street between a parked car and one who crossed center line to hit the parked one ? Some drivers.....
Closed Thread