Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 07:50 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

The week after Christmas Iíll be seeing the gun dealer Iíve been buying from for 30 plus years and have known since high school. Will ask him if he has heard anything about Nikon. If itís true Iíll have him keep me informed if there is a close out sale.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:57 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
My wife was told to stop telling people to "have a blessed day" when ending phone calls, because someone might be offended.

Brent
Wouldn't offend me, and I'm the most anti religion person on the planet. right up there with Bill Mahr. Someone sneezes and I'll still say God bless you. Habit I guess.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:05 PM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Was supposed to have lunch with a friend today but he was otherwise occupied. Want to set up a time to have him bring over his Colt Python.

Winding down a busy day.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:43 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Wouldn't offend me, and I'm the most anti religion person on the planet. right up there with Bill Mahr. Someone sneezes and I'll still say God bless you. Habit I guess.
Here as well. I would never get offended at someone trying to be kind.

Old 12-05-2019, 08:54 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
Still doing a bit of coughing but I'm almost back to normal (for me) again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdew View Post
The gunsmith at the dealer noticed the Nikon glass on my AR and told me their purchasing agent was told by the Nikon rep that they were getting out of the firearms optics business, due to political pressures. See how this one goes.
Thats the word in the scope forum here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Hmmmmm, interesting to hear, thanks for the possible heads up. I like their products in this arena......might have to do so contemplating and shopping in the immediate future.
Some Nikon sales have begun already.

Just watched the funniest scene in Bridesmaids again.

Need this CZ AT-ONE 22rf like a hole in the head but its calling.....
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1575597041
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5F7646EB-D5EC-4237-AB19-C68AD1EDE5F8.jpg (31.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 12-05-2019, 09:25 PM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Alabama View Post
Shot up and sent home, done for the day.. Need more sleep than what I got last night.

That was me alright that had a tough go round with the lumbar fusion.
I thought that was the case. I thought of yours as I had mine a month ago. Didnít want your experience upon awakening. The next day was when everything got ugly. Not as bad as you had......but ugly. Second surgery in less than a year, but this was worse.

How did you do long term, if I can ask?
Old 12-05-2019, 09:33 PM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
I no longer crack a kinked hose like a bullwhip after ripping my rotator cuff completely loose and tearing one of the bicep tendons half in two pieces, painfully.
Wow! Go hard or go home!

You donít, you donít, you donít mess around!
Old 12-05-2019, 09:38 PM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
My wife was told to stop telling people to "have a blessed day" when ending phone calls, because someone might be offended.

Brent
ďYes, dearĒ.

ďHAVE A CURSED DAY!Ē

.........ainít sure about it......
Old 12-05-2019, 09:46 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
She should just start saying "blessed be" instead. Cover two bases at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
I would never get offended at someone trying to be kind.

Last edited by Sophia; 12-05-2019 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:48 PM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Howdy all, been a couple weeks since posting. Bust deer hunting, the two that I was after I only saw twice and didnít have a good shot. Archery season reopened so back to shot range hunting.

Took the Daniel Defense DD5 to a local authorized dealer to install an adjustable gas block, to my surprise they got it done in about 90 minutes. Was worth the wait as the dealer was 45 minutes from home.

The gunsmith at the dealer noticed the Nikon glass on my AR and told me their purchasing agent was told by the Nikon rep that they were getting out of the firearms optics business, due to political pressures. See how this one goes.
Pointless to get out of the firearms optics business if they still make binoculars. Because hunters using firearms use them.

And then, you know, rangefinders? Nah, canít be making those because hunters use them.

Giving in to political pressure will simply show they are weak, and susceptible to other attacks at the whim of their political persecutors who are not their friends, did not buy their products, and never will. Sad, really. The Nikon stuff Iíve looked at seemed pretty decent. I like my Nikon binoculars.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:54 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Quote:
Hmmmmm, interesting to hear, thanks for the possible heads up. I like their products in this arena......might have to do so contemplating and shopping in the immediate future.

Not sure where, but I saw the same thing in an article. Nikon staying in the optics business, just not for firearms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2019, 10:52 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404tbang View Post
I thought that was the case. I thought of yours as I had mine a month ago. Didnít want your experience upon awakening. The next day was when everything got ugly. Not as bad as you had......but ugly. Second surgery in less than a year, but this was worse.

How did you do long term, if I can ask?
After a few months the nerve pain minimized, lower back muscles healed. The fusion worked perfectly with the L5 vertebra and S1 segment grown into a single bone. Over the years degenerative disc disease has greatly deteriorated other lumbar joints. Have gotten away with the steroid injections and some physical therapy so far, but more lumbar surgery looms in my future.

I hadnt anticipated so much neck trouble. In a two year time frame it went from "normal" degeneration for age to nasty. I had to be off the huge doses of ibuprofen for four days prior to getting the injections and the radiculopathy pain increased to the point that any more would have sent me to the ER. Can resume tomorrow morning.

Miss freaking opiods. But chronic pain patients don't need them according to"our" government/overlords. But organ damaging. NSAIDS are just fine.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:53 PM
M92pv4u

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Been busy the last couple of days. TD my brother and I had a big sand box with garden hose volcanoes, rivers and gold mines. When we got older it had army men and firecrackers.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:59 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N TN View Post
Not sure where, but I saw the same thing in an article. Nikon staying in the optics business, just not for firearms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes; what I read is they have only dropped rifle scopes. I have one of the older Buckmaster scopes before that model got cheaper, good scope.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was good again. Amazing what one forgets in 8 yrs or so.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:03 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
The week after Christmas Iíll be seeing the gun dealer Iíve been buying from for 30 plus years and have known since high school. Will ask him if he has heard anything about Nikon. If itís true Iíll have him keep me informed if there is a close out sale.
It's true.

One of the major selling points was their no BS warranty.

Me wonders what will come of that?

Quote:
I would much rather hear either of the two quasi common peaceful expressions versus one loud outburst of "alldaysnackbar!"
That kinda noise will make a fellow grab iron.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Closed Thread