Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Flint_Fredrstone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shooting with Anxiety intro.

I have developed anxiety but I love to hunt and shoot. I'm defiantly not in the "shooting" stage of huntsmanship where you use hunting as an excuse to just fire your weapon of destruction, myself being guilty as a young lad showing my friend how much penetration a 12 gauge slug would have on an oak tree. I'm about to hit the big 5-0. now. Ammunition is too expensive to waste. I have a family. A family that needs meat on the table!

I have owned several guns, all of them rifles or shotguns, I never liked pistols for some reason or other. I started off at 16 with a 22lr. Mossberg automatic that jammed every few shots. I thought it was junk but looking back it was the ammo. Stupid kid. Various 12 gauge shotguns have came and gone along with a few marlin 22's and a sweet .243 Rem Model Seven. (spelled seven) but there was something about the 22 rimfires that struck a bone in me like a 338 rem mag into a grizzly's shoulder. We end up here \/... nothing more than a very nice Marlin 25mn made in 1995. Thats all I need for what I do. Thank god that is before the big "Marlin Buyout" by Remington when the quality took a dip. Long but interesting story right there. In my opinion all new Marlins are Remingtons. Just my personal opinion.

I have severe anxiety and I am having some problems with it and my accuracy while shooting. I use shooting sticks when possible to help me steady. I breath the same way when taking a shot as I did for the last 20+ years. I take my meds which helps bunches. Besides...--- correct breathing techniques, proper positioning, and quality optics, rifle, and ammunition, what are some other things to consider that would help accuracy while shooting?... I know laying off the caffeine does wonders. Lets here more!
Old 12-04-2019, 08:38 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
You may find this interesting. He talks handguns but it's applicable across the board.

Welcome to RFC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYzheuJE47E

Old 12-04-2019, 11:13 PM
Flint_Fredrstone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
some people are talented.. shooting i am not.. bad eyes.. shaky... I can hear good, and can be quiet... I have quite a few game animals I can get within 30 or 40 yards.. lol... I can't hold on a 4 in target at 40 yds.. im so horrible.. i breath right.. i sqeeze right.. i been shooting over 20 years.. im just not steady.. poor me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2019, 07:50 PM
FiremanBob
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
That's a very good video. I'm going to try that method next time I hit the range.