Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 10:44 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Watering Hole 12-2-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
I got to see her x-rays. Tib and FIB were completely severed at the ankle with a compound fracture ( through the skin). There will be a lot of hardware involved with the surgery. Hopefully they will do that tomorrow.

R

All the best to YWC Rhody.

My wife did that to her left ankle ‘bout 25 years ago. Step ladder fell with her while painting the exterior of a rental she was managing. Long recovery and as part of the rehab, we starting hiking every weekend starting with short, 1 to 2 mile, easy hikes and building up over a couple of years to extremely difficult long, 8 to 15 mile, hikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2019, 12:01 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
37 and temps dropping. When I walked up the street to the Court House, wind was blowing hard and temps had started downward. Wind chill tomorrow AM in the 20's per guessers.

Szumi, we are brothers. Cold was almost gone and then came back worse. Saturday and Sunday was the worse. Now better but not gone. Continued doses of Mucinex and Netipot washes help.

COW, good camera and lenses report.

County Commission Chair stepped down as Chair tonight. She will be filing for Labor Commissioner. In her State Of The County report she honored me for my service and attendance to their meetings [the only Mayor that does]. Felt really honored. She called me her mentor and supporter. Said I was retiring from Town service but would still be doing County and Community Service. New Chair and Vice-Chair are buddies too. Was a long meeting. Was 9:00+ when I got home to eat dinner.

Speaking of dinner. Wifey had warmed up turkey, dressing and gravy. Had cooked a spinach casserole. Was that good. Love spinach anyway you serve it.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, Rock, Ranger, COW, AZ, Atonic, M92, Gerald, Brent, RichJ, IHMS, koonta, dlong, wr, Wayne, Hawkeye, OldDave, Squirrel, 404, Phil, Mike, Greggie, jnyork, toppkat, CMR, JV, 1917, GP, JDWin, Johnny, pans, RonL, carrij, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight

OOPS, old mind. Hope all goes well for YWC tomorrow. Prayers.

Last edited by Frank Eagles; 12-03-2019 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:24 AM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Since I've been getting the IVIG infusion monthly l rarely get sick. Another benefit of the large antibody influx l assume. Still get infections of cuts and ingrown nails and such, and allergy sniffles but flu, bronchitis, etc., not.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:24 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
That YWC was miffed is likely a fine sign, Rhody. Shows spunk and that's a real positive. Continued prayers for her recovery and that the surgery goes as planned when its done, be it tomorrow or the next day. The doc's likely had a good reason to postpone it, but may not have shared everything w/her. Could have been a parts problem, who knows? But I'm sure they want everything just right before they start and want it to be as successful as is possible.
--

Bride fixed another pot of fresh green beans w/pricey fancy small taters I'd bought for the thanksgiving dinner that didn't get made at our house this year. She added some smoked sausage toward the end & it had some bacon & a small white onion sliced up in it from the beginning. Was a day & a half in the making, but well worth the wait. Third pot she's made recently. I may go and score some more & let her pickle a batch or two w/red bell peppers. We both do that w/them at times and they make for a pleasant diversion in good munchies. Not exactly tapas, but we've even put them in three bean salads for some added zest, technically making them four bean salads, if you do the math. Low cal., good crunch, high fiber, on the diabetic's list of acceptable foods, &c. She told me I could have 5 of those fancy small taters. I only had four, but I got two bowls of the green beans.
--

Sounds like the planets were/are well aligned for new gun buying & acquisitions recently. Good shooting reports as well, some w/cameras too. Hope that nasty cold lets you up soon, Szumi and Mayor until tomorrow. Have had a tiny twinge of sniffle myself of late; not wanting to have it balloon and/or do a Hindenburg, quickly taking me down in flames. Plenty of bugs of the viral sort are out there this season just waiting like chiggers in tall grass, for an unsuspecting victim to make contact with. Take two aspirin, 2 oz. of brown whiskey, twice and 400 mg. of gualfenesin to help you loosen up and cough out the junk, if its a congestive sort of bug and hang out at TWH until you pass out in your bowl of.. green beans/ menudo/ spaghetti/ small black wiggler Italian eels or cereal for that matter, but go light on the milk so ya don't drown.

G'night.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:05 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Prayers for healing for the young Lady, going to be a while. Experts have me all squared away on my new Purchases, quite pleased with them.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:06 AM
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You should be quite pleased as they are in like new shape with beautiful wood. Nice find.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:18 AM
gewehrfreund

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Easy, its an Osprey. Just hold the curser over the pic. & it tells ya.
Definootly not an osprey, but I sense you knew that.
An accipiter of some sort. I've been attacked a few times in the woods when I ventured to close to a goshawk nest in the Spring. Talk about ornery and aggressive - but they're good parents.

The COWs can be thankful that their encounter was just with a miffed bird. Nice picture too.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:25 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
That YWC was miffed is likely a fine sign, Rhody. Shows spunk and that's a real positive. Continued prayers for her recovery and that the surgery goes as planned when its done, be it tomorrow or the next day. The doc's likely had a good reason to postpone it, but may not have shared everything w/her. Could have been a parts problem, who knows? But I'm sure they want everything just right before they start and want it to be as successful as is possible.
--

Bride fixed another pot of fresh green beans w/pricey fancy small taters I'd bought for the thanksgiving dinner that didn't get made at our house this year. She added some smoked sausage toward the end & it had some bacon & a small white onion sliced up in it from the beginning. Was a day & a half in the making, but well worth the wait. Third pot she's made recently. I may go and score some more & let her pickle a batch or two w/red bell peppers. We both do that w/them at times and they make for a pleasant diversion in good munchies. Not exactly tapas, but we've even put them in three bean salads for some added zest, technically making them four bean salads, if you do the math. Low cal., good crunch, high fiber, on the diabetic's list of acceptable foods, &c. She told me I could have 5 of those fancy small taters. I only had four, but I got two bowls of the green beans.
--

Sounds like the planets were/are well aligned for new gun buying & acquisitions recently. Good shooting reports as well, some w/cameras too.

Hope that nasty cold lets you up soon, Szumi and Mr. Mayor. Have had a tiny twinge of sniffle myself of late; not wanting to have it balloon and/or do a Hindenburg, quickly taking me down in flames. Plenty of bugs of the viral sort are out there this season just waiting like chiggers in tall grass, for an unsuspecting victim to make contact with. Take two aspirin, 2 oz. of brown whiskey, twice and 400 mg. of gualfenesin to help you loosen up and cough out the junk, if its a congestive sort of bug and hang out at TWH until you pass out in your bowl of.. green beans/ menudo/ spaghetti/ small black wiggler Italian eels or cereal for that matter, but go light on the milk so ya don't drown.

G'night.

That 'until tomorrow' remark was in ref to today being The mayor's last official day on the job, but they way it read, it wasn't making clear sense, so I edited it out.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:07 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

There is some DHMO in it's solid state on the rooftops of my neighbors. A sign of the apocalypse, no doubt.

Sheba thought she was Jack, and insisted on doing two late night perimeter checks. This interrupted my slumber muchly. Having got her back in, for the second time at 0230, I slept until 0730
The sun was already up, and there were some angry squirrels out front when I finally got moving.

Breakfast is in the frying pan.

Javas' gud.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:24 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Morning. 45 and sunny. Warming. Off to Town Hall to transfer my cell to my account. Do some minor things and leave. Will not return until tonight's meeting. That will finish it up except, I will still be in charge of the official Christmas Tree lighting at 6.

Things will still be happening. One elementary school is insisting I attend their Christmas programs Thursday. Called holiday program as not to offend anyone. Teachers and Principal are saying they want me to attend all their things. That is, I always have and the only Mayor who did. Same with the other elementary school.

Off to get metal roofing to put on ends of camper cover [a metal carport thing]. Buddy Andy paying. We will go tomorrow AM early and enclose the ends. Keep rain off of roof of camper. That way, no more leaks if any cracking happens.

Have a good one.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Al you are kind of slow. Didn't I send you the battery notice six months ago?
k
Took you long enough to inject a told ya so. My hopes were I, err, mine, would be an exception to the rule.

Puter would not take the whole 790 pic album in one big long bite but'll accept by a drag&drop, one pic at a time, method.

Slept like the proverbial member of the other party, a log, dead to the world.

Must shag grub to day and finish saving stuff on a stick before giving my tie to the world away.

20˚ on the button
Old 12-03-2019, 09:44 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Puter would not take the whole 790 pic album in one big long bite but'll accept by a drag&drop, one pic at a time, method.
Break the big pile up into smaller piles. Mine are piled up by date (one pile per quarter). Not the best method, I'm sure, as it can take a long time to find a particular pic but it lets me enjoy scrolling through memories during the search.

Quote:
20˚ on the button
40°F at sunrise.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:07 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Revised forecast has us seeing moderate weather all week. 40's to 60's w/a slight chance of rain on Thursday night, after possibly seeing 70 that afternoon. Should be able to get a lot done.

'They' are saying the flu season is early and already upon us. Local hospitals and clinics are reporting that 24% of cases of folks coming in w/congestive crud, flu like symptoms, &c. are testing positive for the flu & suggesting that people get vaccinated against it. Last I heard the CDC was saying they were not sure it was a good match for this year's strains, so I just Czech'd again here:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/season/faq-f...-2019-2020.htm

Unfortunately, their FluSight site is shut down from last season and not yet open for the present one, so no insight is forthcoming for up to the week data. Disappointing, that, but its not the first time they have been behind the curve.

Bride is getting hers next Friday, the 13th, when she goes to visit her primary Doc. on a routine visit. I'm still on the fence about it. Meantime I'll be washing my hands frequently & keeping some germ blastinator & croaking liquid w/moisturizer in the vehicles. Main thing is avoiding sick persons, something that's not always possible to do.

I'd really like to stay healthy.. this holiday season and not get some bug dragging me down. Easier said than done, sometimes. Anyway, it causes me pause when I recall a cuz that would always drop her sick kids off w/her aging and ailing mom to care for while went off doing whatever & my aunt would invariably get sick and then my mom would have to bring her over and nurse her back to health.. and that usually took weeks to accomplish. It happened more than once. Never thot for a moment it was fair. It wasn't, ya know.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:34 AM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks everyone! Should find out how the surgery went shortly!

It's sneauxing….still. Not too much accumulation here, but enough where I will have to fire up the sneaux blower. But first, A haircut, gym, banking errand, clear out sneaux from mom's place, then clear out this place. After all is said and done, I will go to the hospital to czech on YWC.

Busy day!

Hope y'all have a good one!

R
Old 12-03-2019, 10:45 AM
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Haven't had a flu shot or had the flu in years The last time I got one it was a requirement to work at the Children's Hospital addition in Dallas. One of my coworkers did not come to work which was unusual because he hadn't missed a day in years. I asked his son where he was and found out he was really sick in bed. The next day I was also sicker than a dog. Both of us were sick within 10 days after the shot. No more flu shots for me even though every time I go to the VA they offer. I have read that they don't work as well on old folks.

Talked to a Phd in biology who works at a big lab which manufactures the vaccine here. He said he would never get one. He said you would not believe what they put in it. His word was good enough for me.
Closed Thread