Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:51 PM
R4B1DM4U53
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Something I'd like to say to the Forum

I'd like this to stay up for at least a couple days, or it can stay if the message has sufficient merit.

RFC is recognized as a great community. A diverse group of people from all over the world come together here, bringing an incredible amount of knowledge and experience. Many members are only too happy to lend a helping hand to those with questions. We all benefit from this, as new shooters grow into experienced shooters who in turn pass down the knowledge to others. Perhaps they might even innovate and bring fresh ideas to the table. Experienced shooters can still learn tricks and tips too, we never stop learning.

As a diverse group of people, we all have our own talents, specialties, and experience to draw from. While this should mean that we could all learn something from one another, at times it can be the source of disagreement. Disagreement in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it can promote discussion that leads to learning.

I suppose it is only human nature for individuals to feel that whatever they have concluded about something is good and right. After all, in our own minds we are (generally speaking) smart, funny, good looking, etc. Sometimes, some of us may feel the need to be "right" in any disagreement that arises. What is being "right" worth?

Nobody is perfect, I certainly am not. If we succumb to frustrations and let disagreements disintegrate into the disparagement of others as the methodology of showing how one is more "right" than the other, then we have lost sight of the ultimate goal of the community. That being continued learning. One might come out being "right", but if friendships are shattered and reputations tarnished in the process, we are all at a loss as individuals and a community.

We have seen some people come in like a hurricane, causing quite a stir. I can only assume that their sudden disappearance was the result of a ban. There has also been some lower level, shall we say, friction. This post is not going to get into any of that beyond acknowledgement of it's existence, and acknowledgement that I had a role to play in some of it.

I stand before all members of the forum, and offer my heartfelt and humble apology. I was caught up in my own mind, swimming in my personal frustrations, and did not give due consideration to others enjoyment of the forums. I am sorry for any unpleasantry I have caused, both to those directly involved and those caught up on the sidelines just trying to enjoy a thread. I resolve to do better.

I would like to see this community continue to thrive as a friendly, helpful place. Many, if not most of you already exemplify this spirit and need no reminder, but some recognition for a job well done never hurts I have no intention of implying any individual member needs this message, as I believe any personal matters have already been resolved prior to my posting of this. Let us all keep up the good work and continue to be kind to one another.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:58 PM
PWNolan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Well said R4B! We all need a little reality check now and then, myself included. This is a great forum & subforum with a lot of very experienced contributors. It's ok to have differences of opinion &/or different ways of doing things. We just need to remember that our way may not be the only or best way and we can share our methods and ways without making someone feel like their way is inferior. Teach rather than preach!

Last edited by PWNolan; 11-26-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:03 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Maybe the mods can move this to a more general location than the Anschutz subforum?

Good thoughts in there

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2019, 11:09 PM
PWNolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Maybe the mods can move this to a more general location than the Anschutz subforum?

Good thoughts in there
Maybe in time. There's a reason he posted it here. If R4B would like me to move it to General I'll be more than happy to

Old 11-26-2019, 11:51 PM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Good words for this forum, but also for life in general. Enjoyed your post!
Old 11-27-2019, 06:13 AM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
This is a positive outcome and I am happy, that the issues are resolved and two of our contributing members here will move forward together.

When it comes to Anschutz rifles, I consider this subforum to be the best source of information with helpful members and a friendly atmosphere.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:13 AM
hickorynut
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Beautifully said and yes, it definitely applies to life itself. I seldom go anywhere else but rimfire central, I firmly believe that there is more knowledge in this forum than any one man can absorb and its at my fingertips right here. Thank you for your input!
Old 11-27-2019, 07:34 AM
nail

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well said and I fully agree.Steve!
Old 11-27-2019, 07:52 AM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A heartfelt message and a positive reminder for everyone. None of us is without shortcomings.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:16 AM
pump .22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is a great post. It is easy to lose one's presence of mind. It is much more difficult to stand up and admit to that and ask for forgiveness.

The measure of character is not based on whether we make mistakes - we will make them. The real measure of character is in how we conduct ourselves after we make the mistakes.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:47 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
It takes a big Man to post something like this, an excellent reminder to us all, Thank you Sir.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:13 PM
pipestone
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
Good words from the Canadian

Sophia:
In lieu of ...would you be so forgiving as to clear my infraction page.....I get tired of looking at it

I've been beat enough with it

Sincerely,
pipestone
Old 11-27-2019, 03:58 PM
bberg7794

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thank you for the reality check.

Wise words indeed, R4B1DM4U53! Thank you for sharing and for the reality check.

BB
Old 11-27-2019, 06:45 PM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (238)
Very well said. We all, at times, regret saying (or typing) things in the heat of the moment. When we're already not in the best mood and someone says or does something hitting your hot button and your temper flares.. What are those old saws -- bite your lip, count to 10, stifle... ? Humble apologies offered should be accepted. We've all been there.

Doug
Old 11-27-2019, 07:39 PM
Gillis2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Very wise words and an uncomfortable situation resolved.
Good thing. This forum is certainly a place for Gentlemen and Gentlewomen ( I hope you can say Gentlewomen, if not, please allow me: my first language is French....)

Gilbert