Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-03-2019, 10:31 PM
Jhayesvw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Hi all.
I have a Jewell 10/22 trigger. Apparently they are pretty rare. It’s super light and crisp. What do you all know about them?

Last edited by Jhayesvw; 12-15-2019 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 11:45 PM
kkd
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (60)
KIDD fans might get insulted, but...

I know it's thee best trigger 10/22 trigger that I've ever used bar none
I have both KIDD two stage and one stage triggers (current industry standard) and my Jewell beats them all

Arnold built it for me in the early 90's. He said that I'll love it
And I certainly do.

Why wouldn't you use your's?

Absolute crime not to use it

Mine has Many thousands of rounds on it
I don't see any problem even if I put a few more thousand on it
Old 11-04-2019, 12:18 AM
Jhayesvw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The shooting I do is more run and gun. It’s a waste to crank this trigger up to 2 lbs when it’s so nice at much lower pull weights. It needs to go to a group shooter/benchrest shooter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2019, 08:08 AM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhayesvw View Post
The shooting I do is more run and gun. Itís a waste to crank this trigger up to 2 lbs when itís so nice at much lower pull weights. It needs to go to a group shooter/benchrest shooter.
Obviously, it's time for another build, LOL.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:14 PM
Jhayesvw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am going to build my sons tactical 10/22 with it. I’m going to do a 16-18” threaded barrel. Maybe green mountain and a magpul stock. Then some type of decent trigger but nothing like this Jewell.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:41 PM
Jhayesvw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I posted the trigger up for sale in the classified section. I hope someone here can use it. My buddy said we will split the proceeds. Seems fair to me. Ha.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:14 PM
Jhayesvw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I dropped the price to $325 + shipping expenses. I have a project I’m excited to get started. Someone snag this trigger.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:59 AM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Doubt if people would buy it at even half the price.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:57 AM
Jhayesvw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
Why would they not buy it? It’s well known as the best trigger ever made for the 10/22. Their failure rate is low too.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:17 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
Why would they not buy it? It’s well known as the best trigger ever made for the 10/22. Their failure rate is low too.
It may have been known as the best trigger for the 10/22 in the 90's. 10/22 products have come a long way since then. Not being argumentive, just giving my opinion. I had a Jewell. I replaced it with my first Kidd single stage and have been very happy. From there came a Kidd 2 stage and then about a dozen more Kidd triggers. I ended up giving the Jewell to a buddy for his wife's stock 10/22 carbine. I know a like new one was just for sale the other day here on the Trading Post and they were asking $100 shipped. Not sure if it sold.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:45 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (237)
I too had a Jewell in my first custom build 10/22 and it was/is indeed a great trigger. However after several years the small knob on the safety lever came loose and dropped off somewhere, never to be found. I contacted Jewell about a replacement and was told they don't support the 10/22 platform any longer (and that was many years ago). I then spoke with Jewell's son and after we talked for awhile, he told me he wanted to check on something and would call me back. I heard from him about an hour later and he said he had something that he thought would work for me. He mailed it out and, yes, he sent me a very similar part that did indeed replace the missing one. BUT, that got me thinking about having an expensive trigger that was no longer supported with parts or service. I sold my Jewell here on RFC and replaced it with a KIDD two-stage and haven't looked back. As with my other Jewell triggers (I have four of them in different rifles), it is a sweet trigger. Just hope nothing goes awry with it.

Doug
Old 12-29-2019, 02:07 PM
Off-target

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I dropped the price to $325 + shipping expenses. I have a project Iím excited to get started. Someone snag this trigger.

Good luck with your sale, but I suspect you may be a bit optimistic on value.
Old 12-29-2019, 06:15 PM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Yeah, no. Just because somebody says it’s better than a Kidd doesn’t mean it is. No easy way to say that and not sound snarky, I’ve got 2 neither are that impressive. (To me) I think you are trying to hit a grand slam with it price-wise. It’s still an orphan should you need parts.