Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Colby Bruce

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Colt, but not a rimfire

Forgive my cell phone photos. I ran across this Colt Police Positive Special .32 NP about a month ago and chased after it until I caught it. This gun is near perfect, there is a spot on the cylinder and top strap that appear to have been bumped into something and lightly scratched. Bore and chambers are perfectly clean. The stocks are in VGC. The serial number give it a DOB of 1950. I am considering having the cylinder reamed to .32 H&R magnum.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 PM
JVStalin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
You could PAY someone to lower the value by half, or, simply let it rust on the back lawn in the rain while the dog chews the stocks.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Colby Bruce

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
An item is only worth the highest price someone is willing to pay for it. .32's are not so popular anymore, especially in metro Atlanta.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 10:36 AM
gagunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have one from 1929 with one small blemish.Recently picked up a full flap holster from e-bay that fits it like a glove.Nice collector item.I still prefer the old S&W H.E. to it.To me ,it is a smoother action.
I wouldn't do anything to it to ruin its collector value.Don't know if it could take the increased pressure of the later round.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Colby Bruce

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Our daughter was home for a friend's wedding this weekend and she wanted to go shooting. I had her pop off a cylinder full out of the Colt. She does not like this gun, she wants my LW Commander!

Old 10-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Mike A.

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The Police Positive was never made for pressures higher than the .32 Colt "New Police" or .38 Colt "New Police" (.32 S&W Long and .38 S&W to anybody but a Colt marketing executive). When they wanted to make a small frame .38 Spl., they redesigned the frame, cylinder and heat treatment and called it the "Police Positive Special." The .32 Magnums didn't exist then, but they did chamber the Police Positive Special for the .32-20 WCF which was the hot .32 of the day. Never the Police Positive.

I'm just suggesting that the Colt folks knew what they were doing and the PP ISN'T meant for hotter rounds than what it was manufactured for. And this is a FIXED sight revolver--it won't shoot to the sights with the new cartridge. If you don't like it, sell it and buy a magnum. Just my opinion and worth what it cost.... I have a 5" barreled PP that is otherwise just like yours. Shoots .32 wadcutters like a target revolver!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:29 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
It looks like a "keeper" to me. I would leave it like it is.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:28 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
.32's are fun little guns, accurate and way better than a rock, but to each their own.

Neat little J-Frame I found in a pawn shop for next to nothing, cleaned up, put the proper style grips on and gave it to my son for his birthday last year.

Those are not the proper grips.

A incredibly nice little I-Frame .32 I pickup up on the cheap as well, 100% original.

Enjoy them for what they are.