Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-17-2019, 11:24 AM
TomLBivins

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Carrier Column Lock Nut

Replacement for plastic Anschutz Buttplate & Cheekpiece standard (not precise) Carrier Column Lock Nut

FYI: $9 is a lot! So I got out my calipers and realized the carrier column is a BSF -16 thread! %%%! BRITISH!. So, I got some steel hex nuts online for just $1.00 from Moss Motors & they fit perfect! The Jam nut cost a little more but same thickness as Anschutz lock nut. But that avoids the question, Does anyone know why a German manufacture, Anschutz, would use a British thread type on their rifles?
Old 08-17-2019, 12:36 PM
gmuk
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have just answered your query in the other forum!

here a copy

can't answer that particular question, but would be surprised if Anschutz had used
anything else than 'metric' threads!

is this perhaps an 'aftermarket' addition?

otherwise, is the thread sufficiently 'worn' that it might accept something close?

I usually make my own bolts (nuts if absolutely necessary) and measure with a gauge the correct size

Gunter
NRA Life 1974
Old 08-20-2019, 02:11 PM
TomLBivins

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No, its original anschutz parts. No after market. The threads are not worn, but because anschutz wanted the user to be able to easily adjust, the column thread depth is hand_tight. None of my metric gauges would work. Only my 16tpi gauge. From that i found that BSF -16 threaded nuts worked perfect & at 1/9th the cost! Just want me to know if they have to buy several for a club (lets say).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2019, 08:15 AM
cowboy4
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLBivins View Post
Replacement for plastic Anschutz Buttplate & Cheekpiece standard (not precise)....Does anyone know why a German manufacture, Anschutz, would use a British thread type on their rifles?
Production expediency. For whatever reason, that component purchased at the time, from the vendor which it was available, fit best into the need of getting the product to market.