Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

100 yard fun shootin

572 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  txdude321 
#1 · (Edited)
So I took my stock 1022 (yes the one with massive receiver finish failure lol) to the range again yesterday b/c I had an afternoon w/o the kids and had a 100 Rnd flat of CCI standard velocity that I picked up at the local Gunshow last weekend (along with a early 80's S&W 586 w/ factory action job :bthumb: .) Any way this was my first time taking this rifle out past 20-25 yards. Actually any gun at that distance. Set up one 25yd Pistol NRA target. b/c thats all I had and 6 little 4.5" steel targets. The steel's were set up high on stands, some down on ground, some a few feet up the birm, etc.. Should have taken pictures I guess.

Any way shot a magazine into the paper and couldn't really get any feedback on the shots so I went to the steel which helped me see the hits in the berm. The shots were terrible. Granted i had spotted this scope with different ammo and at 20 yards or so, but I thought it would need little adjustment out further. Boy was I wrong.

After about 20 rounds spotting it in. I spent the next 80 rounds tearing up the steel. NO problem. That was so fun that I never did go back to the paper to do a group. The sun was really starting to set and I had to leave but man what fun shooting at 100yards and hearing that steel ping. If the steel would rotate I could manipulate the steel with my POI to make it rotate back to center if knocked a little to one side if that makes sense.

:D

I love this thing. The only mods I am contemplating is a buffer perhaps and some kind of trigger work. Maybe DIY I don't need much just a tad lighter and smoother would be nice.

~Chris Stokes

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.