The Watering Hole 12-9-2019 - Page 16 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #226  
Old 12-11-2019, 09:35 PM
Blackwolfe's Avatar
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

Join Date: 
Oct 2008
Location: 
Sunset Coast MI
Posts: 
690
TPC Rating: 
100% (11)


Log in to see fewer ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
So I have interview at 10:30 az time tomorrow. Got All my paperwork ready. Looks like I have a good chance. It is a pharmacy that does mail order for the VA.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Congratulations on the interview AZ, wishing you well.
__________________
The road of life is littered with dead squirrels that couldn't make a decision.
  #227  
Old 12-11-2019, 09:51 PM
Al the Infidel's Avatar
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
Yoopersville, MI
Posts: 
1,013,247
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Congratulations on the interview AZ, wishing you well.
Yeah that Splatz. Straighten Express Scripts out.
Good drooling on the floor report Wolf.
__________________
___________________________
  #228  
Old 12-11-2019, 11:18 PM
Al the Infidel's Avatar
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
Yoopersville, MI
Posts: 
1,013,247
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For you non reloaders its been reported in another Forum Walmart has begun their pistol liquidation ammo sale.

Which rifle is the Nikon going on again TD? Do you have a plan for when the bores begin to tell their ages on/off the steel?
__________________
___________________________
  #229  
Old 12-11-2019, 11:46 PM
Frank Eagles's Avatar
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2003
Location: 
Rolesville, NC [just north of Raleigh]
Posts: 
994
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brent, those three really get around.

Turned colder. 31 right now but going to drop lower.

Bed time.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, AZ, dlong, Brent, COW, wr, Wayne, RichJ, Rock, jnyork, Greggie, carrij, Atonic, Phil, Ranger, Hawkeye, Gerald, JV, M92, 404, OldDave, koonta, IHMS, Squirrel, Mike, toppkat, CMR, 1917, GP, JDWin, Johnny, pans, RonL, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight
__________________
Hotdog Frank
  #230  
Old 12-11-2019, 11:50 PM
M92pv4u's Avatar
M92pv4u
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2018
Location: 
Dos Palos California
Posts: 
475
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
All of this talk about Guinness been reminds me. When I was 21 or 22 years old my brother and I were returning to work after lunch and saw black smoke the next road from our shop. We decided to check in out although it isn't uncommon for people to burn brush or garbage that time of year. When we got to the site of the first it was in a garage and was car burning there was a lady outside on the phone with the fire department. My brother and I grabbed water hoses and started fighting the fire making our way further into the garage. The garage door had plastic windows that started melting and dropping on us about 10 minutes in to us fighting the fire a irrigator showed up in his truck with a chain. I crawled on my belly into the garage and hooked the chain to the car the guy pulled it out. We put the car out as the fire department pulled up and made sure that the house was ok. My brother and I later found out that we knew the owner through a friend whose brother gave us two cases of Samuel Adams black which to us Coors light drinkers was nasty. The owner ended up giving us $1000 each in gifts.
I still haven't acquired a taste for dark beer but do like south of the border beer the best.
  #231  
Old 12-12-2019, 12:02 AM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

Join Date: 
Oct 2009
Posts: 
585
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 View Post
Decades ago, I split a case of this stuff with a friend because it was very cheap. Figured it had to be ok since it had the Silver Stardust label, which was the machine they used to make their top-of-the-line ammo that would compete favorably with Eley Tenex in BR-50 competition.



I don't go shooting in the cold so it was only shot in the summer. That was the best ammo I ever shot in my 10" Contender. Wish I had several cases of it.
Hey Dean,
Do you know anything about something called Fiocchi Official 300 Super Match? Or something similar to that name? I picked some up probably over a year ago intending to try it out. Things have not worked out to try it out, maybe eventually. I didnít get much because I frankly didnít know anything about it. Have you ever tried any?
  #232  
Old 12-12-2019, 12:22 AM
M92pv4u's Avatar
M92pv4u
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2018
Location: 
Dos Palos California
Posts: 
475
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Which rifle is the Nikon going on again TD? Do you have a plan for when the bores begin to tell their ages on/off the steel?
The plan for the new Nikon is on the Mini-14 MBR during PRS events, and the current Nikon with a slightly lower max power will be used on tne Mini-14 MBR during multigun events. Or it might find its way on top of my other multigun event rifle.

Regarding when the rifle bores start show wear affecting their accuracy on the Arisaka Type 99 and the Mini-14 MBR, not sure what the plan will be....yet. I'm not pushing either very hard so that should slightly lengthen their life. I have a buffer in the Mini-14 MBR and I replace the main spring probably more often than most folks plus a reduced diameter gas bushing thank you very much which helps to keep the rifle pounding from itself to an early demise.
Is your mbr ss or blued?
  #233  
Old 12-12-2019, 12:28 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2006
Location: 
Texas mostly
Posts: 
431
TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Bride fixed artichokes & pork loin that was cut like country style ribs. Jack liberated some of the artichoke husks off the counter afterwards and after much chewing while we were in front decided they just weren't worth the effort. He'd also given some of the fuzzy thistly stuff a bite, but discarded it quickly. He got a thump on the nose for his misadventure, but I doubt he much needed it. I think he was already sorry he'd gone there. Hey, males learn by doing, not listening.

I watched 'Once Upon a Time in the West' [1968] w/the bride. It was subtitled and from when they made real movies, even if it was a bit hokey and needing to give some of the trains a pass from a strict technical perspective. The cast and character acting was great & the cinematography fantastic. And anyway, nothing romanticizes like the old west, eh, Pard?

Set up a round on the house to wish AZ the best outcome in his new pursuit, would you, Al? Here's a toast to new endeavors, adventures and getting outside more as well, Frank. The sky hasn't fallen yet; make the most of it!
  #234  
Old 12-12-2019, 12:41 AM
M92pv4u's Avatar
M92pv4u
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2018
Location: 
Dos Palos California
Posts: 
475
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
Is your mbr ss or blued?
It's ss.
I like the ss version mines a 580 I want my wife to get the blue mini 30.
  #235  
Old 12-12-2019, 05:11 AM
Szumi's Avatar
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2011
Location: 
Between Hell and Paradise
Posts: 
1,339
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good luck with the interview Pusher Frank.
__________________

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
  #236  
Old 12-12-2019, 07:11 AM
dbmjr1's Avatar
dbmjr1 is online now
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Jan 2008
Location: 
Armorer to the Boogaloo
Posts: 
1,276
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Frigid Morning RFC'rs, et al:

As my salutation might indicate, it's freaking cold outside. Something like forty-nine, on the scale Commies don't use.

I stayed up late watching Congress work. What a bunch of Baboons. The wildlife channel will have, yet another, special showing this morning at nine.



Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
All of this talk about Guinness been reminds me. When I was 21 or 22 years old my brother and I were returning to work after lunch and saw black smoke the next road from our shop. We decided to check in out although it isn't uncommon for people to burn brush or garbage that time of year. When we got to the site of the first it was in a garage and was car burning there was a lady outside on the phone with the fire department. My brother and I grabbed water hoses and started fighting the fire making our way further into the garage. The garage door had plastic windows that started melting and dropping on us about 10 minutes in to us fighting the fire a irrigator showed up in his truck with a chain. I crawled on my belly into the garage and hooked the chain to the car the guy pulled it out. We put the car out as the fire department pulled up and made sure that the house was ok. My brother and I later found out that we knew the owner through a friend whose brother gave us two cases of Samuel Adams black which to us Coors light drinkers was nasty. The owner ended up giving us $1000 each in gifts.
I still haven't acquired a taste for dark beer but do like south of the border beer the best.
You'll acquire a taste for it, more than likely. It comes with age.

Coors lite is the beer of choice for gardeners around here. We serve it in a half buried Dixie cup to snails and slugs, who don't seem to discriminate against the stuff.



Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Bride fixed artichokes & pork loin that was cut like country style ribs. Jack liberated some of the artichoke husks off the counter afterwards and after much chewing while we were in front decided they just weren't worth the effort. He'd also given some of the fuzzy thistly stuff a bite, but discarded it quickly. He got a thump on the nose for his misadventure, but I doubt he much needed it. I think he was already sorry he'd gone there. Hey, males learn by doing, not listening.

I watched 'Once Upon a Time in the West' [1968] w/the bride. It was subtitled and from when they made real movies, even if it was a bit hokey and needing to give some of the trains a pass from a strict technical perspective. The cast and character acting was great & the cinematography fantastic. And anyway, nothing romanticizes like the old west, eh, Pard?

Set up a round on the house to wish AZ the best outcome in his new pursuit, would you, Al? Here's a toast to new endeavors, adventures and getting outside more as well, Frank. The sky hasn't fallen yet; make the most of it!
Stuffed artichokes are a favorite of mine. Anything with crabmeat that someone else picked is gud to me. My wife is a champion crab picker extroidonair. One of her redeeming characteristics.
Once Upon A Time In The West was a great movie. I recently watched it online, myself.


I'll werk on priming the rest of those .45 Colt cartridge cases this morning, then off to the LGS to fiddle about there.
I need to go to a real lumber yard, Riverside Lumber, in search of a nice piece of black walnut to schnauble a Mosin for a customer. So I may do that after I leave the shop. Yes, this customer is strange, but a good guy with an aesthetic for firearms that borders on the bizarre. His money spends tho.

Must get some ornaments down from the attic, and trim the tree too. It's a huge tree for our house, with a large diameter at the base. It should hold a lot of ornaments.
I think I'll set up a train underneath it. I'm thinking an O Gauge. I've got a few of those. Half O track doesn't do well on the Pergo flooring, and Garden Scale is a pain to install the track. N Scale is just out .
I might have a train problem.


Next week will be spent casting 255gr .454 boolits. I'll need to cast ~40#'s of them to fill all of these cartridge cases.
__________________
Don



Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Last edited by dbmjr1; 12-12-2019 at 11:14 AM.
  #237  
Old 12-12-2019, 07:55 AM
Al the Infidel's Avatar
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
Yoopersville, MI
Posts: 
1,013,247
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

Set up a round on the house to wish AZ the best outcome in his new pursuit, would you, Al? Here's a toast to new endeavors, adventures and getting outside more as well, Frank. The sky hasn't fallen yet; make the most of it!
Cream&sugar Splatz?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404tbang View Post
Hey Dean,
Do you know anything about something called Fiocchi Official 300 Super Match? Or something similar to that name? I picked some up probably over a year ago intending to try it out. Things have not worked out to try it out, maybe eventually. I didnít get much because I frankly didnít know anything about it. Have you ever tried any?
Hoarder.

I watched a fox channel for a bit last nite, the one with the hot blonde and the ex persecutor.

Waiting for the crack of dawn Tubby to reappear. shick shick

2˚ above zero in the land of the frozen but free!
__________________
___________________________
  #238  
Old 12-12-2019, 08:23 AM
gewehrfreund's Avatar
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2003
Location: 
Here, and then gone
Posts: 
1,615
TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
I've never had any of the LGBTQ-athlon Fiocchi fodder that Shirley is hoarding, but I do know that Fiocchi Super Match 320 has been one of the most precise ammanishuns in many of my most precise rifles. . . .all day long, etc, etc, YPMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post



Still no word if the State is going to provide the paperwork required to intern my FIL.

Not to make light of your situation, but I think you might have wanted a different word there. Good luck with the bureaucracy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Nope. I can't believe you missed it.
I miss most of the "news" since I don't watch/listen to it, but don't really miss it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Made a day trip today to my next to last previous employer for the annual utilities department annual meeting, i.e. Christmas party, but they can't call it that. Had werked for them for 20 years before a sudden, not as planned, early retirement in 2012. They are kind enough to invite retirees to the Christmas party that isn't. Haven't been for a few years and it was good to see many past colleagues.

My trip put me within a couple of miles of a Cabela's and I stopped to check out the used guns and gun library. Shouldn't have done that, but I had some gift cards to use up should I come across something that I might discover that I need. I could easily have spent $10K as the selections may have been the best I've seen. As far as used rimfires go just a few that caught my fancy were 2 Marlin 39s, Marlin 38, Remington 121, 2 Remington Model 12s, one of which may have been a 12C, a Winchester 1890 in .22 short, some kind of single shot Annie and numerous other offerings that were appealing but the specifics of which I don't quite recall at the moment.

Other caliber long guns available included several offerings of the Marlin and Winchester lever gun type, a Remington A3O3, a Remington pump in .30 Remington, a Krag. a couple of Winchester Model 70's, a Winchester Model 42, I believe a Remington in .401 Winchester, two Ruger No.1's for Gun Friend, and two Ruger Red Labels in 28 gauge. Again there were several other interesting long guns of which I don't recall the particulars.

Didn't pay a lot of attention to the handgun offerings, but did notice a Colt Diamondback in .22, a three screw Ruger single six, a Colt single action .22, Colt SAA, several Ruger .22 Autos, and a Colt Thunderer with real stag grips.

Many prices were actually seemed reasonable for a change. Fortunately I didn't drool all over the gun candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Good drooling on the floor report Wolf.
Boy, I'll say!

Congratulations on your amazing willpower in leaving without any new purchases. It sounds as though there have been a few recent deaths of those who know and appreciate truly classic firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Coors lite is the beer of choice for gardeners around here. We serve it in a half buried Dixie cup to snails and slugs, who don't seem to discriminate against the stuff.

Whenever I hear that people actually drink that stuff , all I can think of is . . . . . . . . . . there oughtta be a law!!!! That would be something constructive for our elected legislators to do.


Once Upon A Time In The West was a great movie. I recently watched it online, myself.
An excellent spaghetti western with an evil Henry Fonda, no less.
__________________
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" Curly

Last edited by gewehrfreund; 12-12-2019 at 08:28 AM.
  #239  
Old 12-12-2019, 09:00 AM
Al the Infidel's Avatar
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
Yoopersville, MI
Posts: 
1,013,247
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I tried some Fee-ochee ammo in one of my cf's in the quest for the best. Hard chambering and even harder extraction steered me way from any of their offerings.

Schools to the S n SW are closing.

Speaking of which; 2 schools in Lower MI were given 2 new all electric buses by the state. Hmm, methinks a hybrid woulda made more sense justin case, no?

I watched Once Upon a Time in the West not too long ago. The Finn didn't think much of Henry's acting. More better IMO 'who the heck is that?' in On Golden Pond with his treasonous daughter, and one of the Finn's faves~ Katherine Hepburn.
In 71 or 72 I went to see OGP with my bride to be and her father the same day I met him. Wife #1 lerved K. Hepburn. Who didn't eh?
__________________
___________________________

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 12-12-2019 at 09:02 AM.
  #240  
Old 12-12-2019, 09:06 AM
OldDave
US Marines

Join Date: 
Sep 2019
Location: 
Texas
Posts: 
86
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Once upon a time in the West. One of my favorites. Claudia Cardinale. Oh my.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x