Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Rock N TN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post

Sorry Rock. That stuff is for the Yankees to enjoy.

Later.

Who you calling a yankee, Tar Heel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N TN View Post
Who you calling a yankee, Tar Heel?

NOT YOU!!! Those guys north of you and me [except VA and Wayne].

I said snow if for those Yankees to play in. Not "usun".
Old 12-10-2019, 05:24 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
It’s s&#@ing @35°. Thermo measure has decreased 27° in 4.5 hours.

S'posed to be coming this way.... Weasels are split on that - some say we get sneaux, some say more rain. Time will be the final arbiter here....

Old 12-10-2019, 06:00 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New tv still stinks, not as bad as when I got it. Works great though.

Ordered a second Raspberry Pi4 so I can play with it as the one I bought earlier is now a media server. Configured a Pi2 for use with another tv. Will see if it is up to the task, if not I have another Pi3 that I can use. I'm having fun with this stuff.

Ordered a Christmas gift, set up a day with my sister to buy stuff for the Christmas grab box we do each year. Work half a day Friday and then we will go shopping. Should be a good time. I have way more fun giving than getting. Same for my sister.

Sweet deal on the 1911 BW. Someday I'm going to get a 1911 in 9mm to go with my .45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
10/4, plus a murican directional safety and a 60º bolt lift besides the visible adjustable elements.

ETA a fully adjustable trigger that gets a in the CZ Forum.
I'm looking forward to the report on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Services are set for next Saturday, at Mothe, here in Algiers I think. Services at their Methodist church.

There's a hitch tho, . . .

See, . . . Our State Computer system got hacked. We can't get a death certificate. You can't embalm, or bury, or cremate someone until you have a piece of paper saying that they are dead.
This has been going on for over a week. Ransomware. It's affecting everything from DMV to revenue. Imagine not being able to renew your driver's license.

Louisiana. Proud to call it home.

For now.
These ransomware file encryption attacks are getting to be a big deal. The cretins are going after where there is money. Encrypt my pc, I'm not paying. Encrypt a municipality, many that had interruption insurance, and there is a payday.

I'd fully support our intelligence apparatus identifying said cretins and special forces scooping them up. A public hanging, after a fair trial, could put a damper on this stuff. It is one thing not being able to get plates, pay your water bill, and sadly your dad in laws death certificate but they have been going after rest homes and hospitals. People have suffered and died due to this garbage. It is time to treat it as an attack on the homeland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
The Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument, at Campus Martius Park in Deee-troit, 1917. Click "open in new tab" for full effect.

I love your historical pictures.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 12-10-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Rock N TN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Watering Hole 12-9-2019

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
S'posed to be coming this way.... Weasels are split on that - some say we get sneaux, some say more rain. Time will be the final arbiter here....
Glad we cleared that up!

WW’s and video journalists are having a field day with this weather. Watching ‘em wax orgasmic while standing on overpasses and busy streets makes me wonder about their sanity and intelligence if things are as bad as they are making them out to be (they’re not).

Last edited by Rock N TN; 12-10-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
-5˚ to -10˚ with wind chill of -25˚ guessed. Autumn is truly over methinks.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:37 PM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post

Almost bought a Ruger No. 1 awhile ago. However, noticed that no matter how you shoot it there will always be varying upwards pressure on the barrel hence making it a true challenge placing back to back shots in the same proverbial one tiny hole having the diameter of the bullet being hurled, even at twenty-five yards. Otherwise a beautiful rifle capable of putting food in the freezer/table.
I have been able to get sub-1" 100 yard groups on a regular basis with many of mine. It's as much load development as it is design features, though forearm pressure is important; especially with the lighter weight barrels.
Tinkering with them to obtain the desired results is one of the things that I like about them. I know others' mileage (patience) may vary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
New tv still stinks, not as bad as when I got it. Works great though.
You sound conflicted . . . .
Old 12-10-2019, 07:06 PM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I'm surprised that a RF projectile even clears the bbl. at those temps, Al.. and Mr. Stalin. You'd think it would just go on strike and the bore would be too tight anyway. I can't imagine. But they shoot moose in Scandinavia, buffalo in Poland and vodka or somting similar, in most cold climes and don't have to worry about the meat going bad before it can be packed out. Do you guys use any Bi-Athlon ammo? I think I remember you saying that you did, but I could be wrong.
--

Bride's garden club deal was a big success! She stopped afterwards & brought home a box of Chicken Express™ yard bird tenders w/a side of their cold slaw & ranch dip for me to have for dinner since she wasn't wishing to cook and knew I'd made no plan(s) to do so either. It was near too much, but I managed knowing it would fall under that forever edict of 'And eat everything on your plate, young man!' Event tho I'm not.
--

I may turn in early.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:19 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Hey Now, Mayor..... my daddy was a Yankee !We went back every year to get a Genesee Beer.....Rochester Ny,

No snue yet.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:22 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Blood draw this morning was uneventful, now nervously waiting for the email that the results are in.

Reorganizing ammo from lockers to the Liberty Ammo Can looks like will be a two day project.

Wife is wrapping gifts, I'm not allowed to participate she says my wrapping looks like a troop of monkeys tried and failed.

Heading out to the ground blind tomorrow with my crossbow, will see what comes along. I have permits for does, bucks {4 pt of greater on one side} and turkey either sex.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:27 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I put the application in today. Will have to commute but it is only twelve miles. The idea of work at home is good. But not for someone like me. I became too introverted and depressed. Also if I get the position it pays 3,44$ more an hour.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2019, 07:29 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdew View Post
Blood draw this morning was uneventful, now nervously waiting for the email that the results are in.

Reorganizing ammo from lockers to the Liberty Ammo Can looks like will be a two day project.

Wife is wrapping gifts, I'm not allowed to participate she says my wrapping looks like a troop of monkeys tried and failed.

Heading out to the ground blind tomorrow with my crossbow, will see what comes along. I have permits for does, bucks {4 pt of greater on one side} and turkey either sex.
I don't understand her problem. I always have my flying monkeys wrap my packages.

In case you didn't know my last name is Dorothy.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:37 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
I don't understand her problem. I always have my flying monkeys wrap my packages.

In case you didn't know my last name is Dorothy.

I asked if flying monkeys would be more helpful as they seem to have more dexterity. Was giving the "no stay on your laptop". Worth a shot.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:07 PM
Brent

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
The second round of nerve blocks wore off. I got referred to a second pain clinic that can do the radiofrequency ablation procedure. Going for a consultation visit Thursday afternoon. Ready for something longer lasting.

It's cold out tonight. The cats saw snow for the first time today. I've got Spencer all tucked in for a nap before their late evening play time/rampage.

Brent
Old 12-10-2019, 08:50 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Motor sycle engine, phtttt. You could throw a big block, think 426 hemi, and the Beetle to put it in without complaint.
Yup. My point exactly. I didn't want to have to even think about it. The wood should fail long before the casters.

If it'll fit, throw it on the workbench.
Closed Thread