The Watering Hole 12-2-2019 - Page 29 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 09:56 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

BBB SIL is coming over for xmas day dinner. Finn feels sorry for her older thrice divorced sister w/o a tree, home alone all by herself in her 3400 sq foot house. This is the SIL that calls me sugar or honey which sends the Finn. Dangerous territory filled with landmines there! The BBB i.e. BumbleBee Butt is what my dad called his GF back in the day cause his GF's heiny looked like two bumblebees trying to squeeze thru a doorway at the same time. Fond memories of dad's Steve like sarcaustic sardonicism.

Hunting buff in Africa @ LAST.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:03 AM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Is it that time at last?

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:13 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yo, Al, check it.

Squirrel proof feeder on Shepard hook from Amazon.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1575817885
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7142CAA6-133E-48A7-BD05-05EBAD8814D5.jpg (316.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-08-2019, 10:15 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Large barrel seed cake from Wild Birds Unlimited on shepherd hook with squirrel baffles

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1575818123
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1D8B2B3C-EBC4-4AC1-9CA3-752D9ADBF8BD.jpg (270.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Large barrel seed cake from Wild Birds Unlimited on shepherd hook with squirrel baffles
I have a shepherd hook but want to watch a high wire act. If you wax the shaft, if its not rusty, you don't need the baffle IME.

Happy Birthday Carrij!
Old 12-08-2019, 10:33 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
The weather weasels lied. Its 'partly sunny' this morning using their terms, meaning its mostly cloudy, 51, wind S 16 G 24, RH 83% and feel like 46. They are still saying it will get into the low 70's before the day is out, but its a far worse day, sun wise, than yesterday.

I'm going to go and shoot some clays for a while anyway, windy or no. There is another batch of nasty cold coming in tomorrow night that will knock twenty degrees & more off our highs and probably give us another round of wet when it hits. I'll still be able to do stuff outside tomorrow in okay temps, but under cloudy skies rather than sunshine. Just whot it is. Tuesday's high now forecast to be wet & 46 & Wednesday's only 54, when I can shoot again, but its supposed to be sunny and wind NE 5, so it may prove a good RF day. One can always hope. And it would be nice if it turns out to be correct.

I was going to be at a good Tex-Mex place for breakfast around 8A & at the club at 9 when it opened, but there's enough chill in the old geezer bones this morning that I decided to drink more coffee here before departing. Am under zero duress, so it really doesn't matter whot time I get there and I'll likely be shooting alone in any case as most want instant pulls & I'd as soon not.

Made a brief run to my fav. bottle seller's yesterday after the bride returned from her excursions. I'd run out of the last of the regular bitters I had on hand, both Angostura & Fee Bros. the evening before. Odd occurrence, that, both at the same time & no spares on hand. Actually, I did have one in my 'libation box' that goes on hunting trips for after the hunt restoratives, but just now thot of it while typing; get old, get stupid. In any case, when I went in and said hi to the staff, some of whom I've known for decades, one of the older ones came over and told me that as of earlier in the week they had been told by their head office that none of their stores are allowed to take cheques any longer! I always write cheques, so I am frumped, big time! I did appreciate the courtesy of his telling me that before I bought anything and did have sufficient cash on hand that it didn't matter and I picked up a couple of bottles of Rebecca Creek at a very attractive promotional price that had an even more attractive young lady promoting it along w/'Texas Ranger', a blended whiskey, also made by Rebecca Creek. Got some bitters too along w/that bit of bitter news regarding their new 'no cheques' policy. Its tough, being a dinosaur, but cash will still werk, so there is that.

'Slowly, our world is being moved toward a globalist no real money debacle, Vern! Makes me almost mad enough to wanna buy a six bit plug of tobacco so I could spit.'

I'll get to moving, in a bit.
--

Special prayers for you & Karen earlier, Don as you get your arms around the moment and Karen in particular.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:36 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You know, I might set up a temporary cable from a tree to the feeder with a release hook so I can control the antics. Might be fun to watch.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Flip!

R