Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 04:10 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Clark View Post
There is a thread:
How fast could you once run 100 yds? How about now?

I did run against our high schools football team lineman around 1981. Them big boys could really hoof it in the 40 yds. I thought I'd coast, but had to go all out to barely beat them.

I had the football coach as my PE teacher as a junior in HS. His favorite “test” was the 40 dash. Made me run it 3x because I ran it @ 3.95, 3.95 and 4.05. He asked me why I wasn’t on the team. I looked him square in the eye and said, “I weigh 130 lbs. I like living.” That was 70 pounds ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2019, 04:33 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In case anyone wants to get me a Christmas present.
https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/l...?ref_=wl_share
Old 12-04-2019, 04:46 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post

Sorry Frank, the gift exchange limit is $5.

Old 12-04-2019, 05:02 PM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N TN View Post
I had the football coach as my PE teacher as a junior in HS. His favorite “test” was the 40 dash. Made me run it 3x because I ran it @ 3.95, 3.95 and 4.05. He asked me why I wasn’t on the team. I looked him square in the eye and said, “I weigh 130 lbs. I like living.” That was 70 pounds ago.

Ha!

The fullback on our HS football team was in the same class as me. Mind boggling fast. Was in the Junior Olympics as a sixth grader. He was my size back then, around 150 pounds. Nobody on the other teams could catch him.........but when they DID, they tried to kill him! I’ve seen a pile of opposing players come off him that should have broken everything the guy had. Shook it off and went back for more.

By now, I’d say he feels every hit he ever took......
Old 12-04-2019, 05:41 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sounds like we should wear nitrile gloves while typing from the reports on the ailing. Sorry to learn you are sick on your first day off Mayor Frank retired.

If I'm running 100 yards, I'm looking for cover and I'll be firing back at the threat once I quit coughing my guts out.

Took me a while to decode the chainsaw allegory. Surprised I know that word.

I support the SAF but darn, today they sent me 6 pieces of mail. I contacted them a while back asking them to get it down to one mailing but they don't seem to be able to do that. I even offered to help them groom their mailing list.

11.5 working days left this year.

OldDave, is that M43 a target model? It is fun shooting aperture sights on a sunny day.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 12-04-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
What is that?

Vikings new season 3hr episode begins @ 8 EST.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:34 PM
koonta

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congats Mayor, so you thought you were busy before....
Old 12-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
During your silhouette event and based upon the historical aspects of that sport, are the start and finish commands given in English or Spanish?

Lots of rain here today...
https://66.media.tumblr.com/d728b2e1...6tbeo1_250.gif
Bud was the one who ran the clock, and at 87 he had way to many years of shooting without protection under his belt. Getting his attention or conversing with him was a bit of a tragic comedy. The commands were a lot of yelling back and forth that faintly resembled English.

That looked like a two hole outhouse flushing downstream.
One of Josie's Missouri boat rides ??
Old 12-04-2019, 07:11 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
your a cheap date.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:13 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
your a cheap date.
Thanks I am practical. And not a big name brand person.

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 View Post
Good no more Mayoring report, Frank!
Probably not. Jsut more reclinerizing reports.

Home from the cold eastern NC. Everyone has cut timber but me. Flat so windy. No tree breakes, higher wind. Putting up aluminum [on sections of treated 2X4's was fun. Wind trying to blow the 12' sheets away. Then up on ladders. Both ends enclosed. Go back later and do 3' down each side.

Hope that heals my cold.

Trying to setup a Verizon account on computer. Had one for years and they say I don't exist. Setup new one. Entered new password. Strong indicator came up. Hit create account. Says password is easy to guess and enter a different one. STRONG I reentered. Same message. This is a very unique password. So you call Verizon and been on hold for 30 minutes listening to dump a-- music. Speaker phone while typing. They think a web site can handle everything. Well, they can accept this password or pucker!!!! I don't need your online account.

Ate a hotdog and cheese burger at Hillbilly's in Zebulon.

To warm up and watch TV.

PS: 44 minutes and holding on speaker phone. Talked to Frankie and then came back. Still on hold. Going to watch a movie and just see how long. Then chew A. Make me made enough, may just change provider. As rep said at store, it indicates you were with us so long, it doesn't give a start date.

Last edited by Frank Eagles; 12-04-2019 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:32 PM
OldDave
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Szumi--Don't know if Mossberg made more than one model of the 43. I have removed the aperture sight for now and installed a scope. I am happy with the results so far especially at my age.

I have not shot aperture sights since I was 20 years old. While in the Green Machine I qualified with both the M14 and the M16 . The last time I qualified 236 out of 250 and was range high. Lucky there were some lousy shots there that day. While the M14 went to 600yds I couldn't believe we were pushing the little 223 out to 500yds. I "used" to be a fair shot with apertures.

Semper Fi

Dave

Last edited by OldDave; 12-04-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:11 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
47 minutes, very nice lady named Jewel came on. See, they figure they can put a sweet talking lady on and you will mellow. NOPE! Apologized to her and said, "This is no your fault." Then I unloaded. At the end, I told her she had been patient and tried to help. When survey came she would get top marks. [it did and I did] Then I got a surprise. "In case I don't get you again, I hope you have a very merry Christmas and God bless." I hope they were not listening in on our conversation. Thought companies were scared to say things like that as they might offend someone.

OH, problem not solved. I tried 4 different unique passwords. All indicated STRONG. Would not take as says easily guessed. If someone guess all 4, they are good. Going to store tomorrow and wait.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:35 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, I got out the old sight-pusher tonight anmd pushed the Beretta 81's rear sight a tad left. Was trying for 0.03" to correct, and got somewhere close to that. Proof will be in the pudding tomorrow. Planning a 32-palooza - the Beretta, the Sauer, and a pair of Ruger revolvers, single and double-action.

Old 12-04-2019, 08:54 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
W Planning a 32-palooza - the Beretta, the Sauer, and a pair of Ruger revolvers, single and double-action.
Sounds like great fun, Sail. Don't come home with any loaded ammo.