Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 05:40 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I'm curious.

Do any of y'all play 'Microsoft Solitaire Collection' Daily Challenges ?

I've been doing these since about 2013.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:55 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
Definootly not an osprey, but I sense you knew that.
An accipiter of some sort. I've been attacked a few times in the woods when I ventured to close to a goshawk nest in the Spring. Talk about ornery and aggressive - but they're good parents.
I was doing trail maintenance a long time ago. Saw warnings about the nesting goshawk. A few mountain bikers got tore up bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
I think I'm catching Szumi's cold.
I sure hope not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
Our club match this morning, .22 rimfire benchrest at 50 yards, both scopes and iron sights. Not so hot on the scope match but with the ironsights I scored 398/400 with 29 X on the A-23 target. Shot my ancient Anschutz 1407 and SK Rifle Match ammo. Cool and breezy , we all left our coats on.

A good time was had by all.
Congrats!

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:15 PM
GreggieBoy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
More rain today and tonight. Someone either fired a shot or set something off kind of close to the house. Heard a loud boom at about 3:45 am. Getting back to sleep after that wasn't possible.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:22 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggieBoy View Post
More rain today and tonight. Someone either fired a shot or set something off kind of close to the house. Heard a loud boom at about 3:45 am. Getting back to sleep after that wasn't possible.
Sorry that was me I had Taco bell last night.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:07 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Excellent shooting York.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:10 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Inquiring minds (and new GP100 owners) need to know why, and which.
I ordered the 8# trigger return spring for the new .357.
My 22 lr and 44 Special both have the internals polished, and 8# trigger return springs in them. I would like all three triggers to be the same.
I got the 44Special for mainly silhouette shooting and got the trigger lightened up. I then got the 22lr mostly because the barrel was only 1/2" longer and it had the same balance, and was very close in weight to the 44 Special, and could be used as a practice gun and also a fun gun. I then changed to Altamont Target grips and lightened up the trigger. Aside from the checkering the Altamont target grips are exactly the same as the walnut grips on the other two guns. So now the .357 will also get some silhouette time and all three guns will have the same trigger pull, when I go from one gun to another.

On a side note.
I tried to lighten up the hammer spring on the 22 lr and 44 Special but they both had light strikes when doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
I'm curious.

I've played the solitaire collection since 2015, but don't do the Daily Challenge.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:40 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
I'm curious.

No...

Range day tomorrow, iff'n it doesn't rain on my parade

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 12-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel View Post
Did you see the Bag magazines on the Trading Post AL? Just a mention
Thanks, I'm good.

Chick comes out of the vid store with her nose stuck in her phone. Snowy roof dripped a big sheet of ice and she went feet up with back and head going down backwards. Noggin didn't bounce too hard evidently as when she got back up she stood there fore a second and then got back on her phone. Lucky she was sturdy everywhere methinks.

Less than all 790 pix are now on a stick. The other 100-150, meh.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:24 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Leaf mulching in the front w/the mower is done! Took a gallon of hi test @ 32:1 [4oz. gallon of TW-3 outboard oil in the premix] to get it done. Lots of walking & I need it. No happy Castrol R smells, but a bit of blue smoke when first starts. Made me think of going fishing w/old outboards on small aluminum boats & watching an aurora of colour creep out on the water's surface behind the transom. Had so much leaf dust on my boots when I finished that I had to hit 'em w/the whisk broom to find the laces to untie them! I was literally a walking dirt bag. Cleaned up now & enjoying a Wellers and may have a couple more before the evening goes away. Have that happy feeling of having accomplished something useful and it was there before I made the pour. Working in the yard & beds has always been good for me as far back as I can remember and tho I didn't have any to fool with today, the odor of cotton seed meal triggers incredibly fond memories of kneeling aside mom in her prize circular rose garden at the place where we had space outside the city limits in the 50's and that was before my first BB gun, tho a Daisy Red Rider & a model 25 pump came along well before Dad sold that place after its was annexed and we were well inside the city. I'd gotten my own .22 before that as well, but its a memory lane I'll not traipse just this minute. No doubt in my mind that I'll be paying for today's exertion(s) tomorrow, but it only confirms that I've been a slug recently.
--

Nope, never played any 'puter games, not even the simple ones when they came pre-loaded on gadgets. Reading has always been more rewarding for me, but not hearing well for much of my life may have influenced that. I dunno. Played a lot of 9 ball in bars here, billiards in Mexico, Central & S. America and snooker w/friends when out and about killing time in an earlier time. Coffee houses, blues, espresso, vino tinto, tapas, some motor stuff, fishing, &c, but I never got up and brushed my teef w/beer as some folks I knew of did.

Mario? The one we knew made linguini w/clam sauce to die for and would come to the table and talk to us just about every time we visited his place. Not many places like that exist any longer, but some still do. And they are treasures.
--

Reading your earlier great post on the .357 Ruger, Hawkeye, I was reminded of a one page article by John Haviland in the 'Tips & Techniques' section in the August '19 issue of 'The American Rifleman' titled 'Cast Bullet Fit In Revolvers'. Thot both your remarks on Czechin' stuff beforehand spot on. Dunno how many folks understand the benefits of doing some of those things up front, but do know that doing so will pay positive benefits from getting the most from a revolver, when shooting cast.

Another reason to think of supporting the NRA, for those on the fence. Some articles, like that one, present some solid info debunking at least one old wives' tale about cast bullets that keeps hanging on.. like a barnacle.

Looks to me like the new revolver will prove to be a fine shooter, soon as you get the pull where ya want it and the sights adjusted to the load you're gonna stick with.

How often are you able to shoot silhouette where you are?

Last edited by wookness; 12-03-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:34 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

--

How often are you able to shoot silhouette where you are?

Every Friday morning.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:36 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
Every Friday morning.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:40 PM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good news, Phil!

Hope you get better wr!

Good match report, jn and shootin report, TD!

Quote:
I play Spider Solitaire on occasion, but no daily games.

Was tired after yesterday's dialysis session. so took a 4.5 hour nap today. Right in the middle of the nap, I got a case of the shakes...and I had 2 blankets on! I think I'm turning into a woman, I'm always cold. Has to be the loss of all those pounds of insulation I had before.

≡✪≡
Old 12-03-2019, 09:06 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Up at 3:50am this morning and off to New Bern at 5:30am, more painting at our Hurricane house, it's ready for occupancy now. Much furniture moved in by others and some from us. Surprise "Here's your House back" Party this weekend, many who have worked on it to be in attendance. The Wife made her first "Disaster Relief" trip and we have another convert, she liked it. Doing good is addictive.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:19 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
I ordered the 8# trigger return spring for the new .357.
My 22 lr and 44 Special both have the internals polished, and 8# trigger return springs in them. I would like all three triggers to be the same.
I got the 44Special for mainly silhouette shooting and got the trigger lightened up. I then got the 22lr mostly because the barrel was only 1/2" longer and it had the same balance, and was very close in weight to the 44 Special, and could be used as a practice gun and also a fun gun. I then changed to Altamont Target grips and lightened up the trigger. Aside from the checkering the Altamont target grips are exactly the same as the walnut grips on the other two guns. So now the .357 will also get some silhouette time and all three guns will have the same trigger pull, when I go from one gun to another.

On a side note.
I tried to lighten up the hammer spring on the 22 lr and 44 Special but they both had light strikes when doing so.
Thanks! Will have to think about that - I generally don't mess much with triggers but have considered it.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:45 PM
koonta

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wook, never had a Red Rider but did wearout a pump, kinda fun you should mention that as I can't recall ever seeing another. And a 2-stroke Lawn Boy, that's gotta be one of the last remaining few also. Yours have the magnesium deck too?
Closed Thread