Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 04:26 PM
wrwindsor
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Holy smokes, the dryer parts kit arrived today, two days early. USPS got it moved quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
Bore snakes are good for some things.

I have never discovered what they are.

Nothing like using the proper tool for the job, like a good coated one-piece rod for bore cleaning.
I've always thought they were best for range bag, in case you felt the need to swab the bore before you got home (e.g. using corrosive ammo).
Old 12-02-2019, 04:33 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good range reports guys.

Mac won't recognize my ID for my free batt replacement. My Li batt has swollen up. I quit charging it per instructions....and hoping that will reduce the swelling.

Driveway snow removal service showed up as I was putting the finishing touches on doing it myself. Brought the Finn to the store for milk and wine which had run out.
Good new is the power broom gliders are still gliding after doing the 2.5' deep drifted in upper deck.
Lower deck and path to the feeder will be a significant chore another day. I'm done doing the whole deck for nothing but exercise.

One dead mole or shrew or sumpin and a dead house mouse. Not that kind of house mouse Szumi.

23˚ sunny n calm all day.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:40 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Haters feel free to check out the Stevens/Salvage forum and Winchester 52 forums, new acquisitions posted in their proper locations.

Little teasers for your entertainment.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Carrij
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Feel bad saying this morning started out around 75 degrees. Your snow front has a tail and we will be cool tomorrow before warming back up to the low 80s later on in the week. My son in New England sent me a photo of his street and driveway. I asked him how shoveling feels now that hes going on fifty. LOL!
Old 12-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
The crew of Snap, Crackle, Pop in front of their B-17, 14 October 1942. The plane was shot down over Saint-Nazaire, France on 3 January 1943. Three men survived and were taken prisoner. The ball-turret gunner, Alan Magee ...

Quote:
...left his ball turret when it became inoperative after being damaged by German flak, and discovered his parachute had been torn and rendered useless. Another flak hit then blew off a section of the right wing, causing the aircraft to enter a deadly spin. Magee, in the process of moving from the bomb bay to the radio room, blacked out from lack of oxygen because of the high altitude and was miraculously thrown clear of the aircraft. He fell over four miles before crashing through the glass roof of the St. Nazaire railroad station. The glass roof shattered, mitigating the force of Magee's impact. Rescuers found him on the floor of the station.
After the war, Magee earned his pilot's license and worked in the airline industry. He retired in 1979 and moved to northern New Mexico. He died in San Angelo, Texas, on 20 December 2003, from stroke and kidney failure, at the age of 84.

Old 12-02-2019, 06:01 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
About 2" and suppose to be another 1.33 today.
That's enough to wet the pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Haters feel free to check out the Stevens/Salvage forum and Winchester 52 forums, new acquisitions posted in their proper locations.

Nice teasers Gerald

I may be getting an Ithica 900. 20ga. A pre-72 model. Long Recoil operated.
The price is right. Less than a C-Note. What say y'all?

Sales are slow today. Three transfers though.

Cleaned a couple of shotguns, so I've earned my keep.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:03 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
December 1989; safety off, booger hook on the bang switch during the Romanian Revolution. It was the last removal of a Marxist-Leninist government in a Warsaw Pact country and the only one that violently overthrew a country's government and executed its leader.

Here where GZ-angst and other first world problems take center stage it's easy for some to forget that such things can still happen.

Great photo. Hit that "open in new tab" option for full effect.

Old 12-02-2019, 06:03 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My first day back to work. Quite a few people were at work with this cold from hell. I still have it, others have it worse.

Tonight it is supposed to get down to 8F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
You ever notice how many people start threads then never return to them?
I've started threads that I just wanted to learn from. I came back often, just didn't post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrwindsor View Post
The problem is that this technology cannot differentiate if you are the driver or the passenger.

Assuming that this problem is resolved, when outside my AO, I often have a need to fire up Google Maps to direct me to the destination and avoid nasty traffic. I don't need to touch it once started (I have a "stick my phone on the windshield" gadget), but I do need it to be "on" and displaying.
I was trying to get my blueteefh adaptor working and my car said oh no, we can't do that as you are moving and it wouldn't be safe. I'm wondering if I set a bag of cement in the passengers seat if the response would be different. If the car really doesn't want to distract me, how about connecting to the last BT adapter that was paired and quit bothering me?

Quote:
Holy smokes, the dryer parts kit arrived today, two days early. USPS got it moved quickly.
My Yagi antenna and Silicondust ip ATSC-T receiver showed up a day early. I did a bit of playing with it tonight. A Yagi is way better than one of those thin sheet antennas you put into a window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Good range reports guys.

Mac won't recognize my ID for my free batt replacement. My Li batt has swollen up. I quit charging it per instructions....and hoping that will reduce the swelling.

One dead mole or shrew or sumpin and a dead house mouse. Not that kind of house mouse Szumi.

23˚ sunny n calm all day.
We have a bunch of barcode scanners at work. I had a pile of lithium ion batteries that were not charging. I got one to work by forcing some juice in using a current limited lab power supply. I also learned that you can freeze a Lion battery and let it thaw and it may wake up and allow charging.

I need to check the shed, I'm sure I have more mice in my traps.

Quote:

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:51 PM
OldDave
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Magee certainly had some one watching over him. Talk about getting back in the saddle after that experience.

While getting my tandem instructor parachute rating (early 80's) our instructor had a similar story. His main and reserve tangled and he came down at a high rate of rate of speed. He hit the side of a muddy ditch and slid to the muddy bottom which broke his fall. While he was unconscious he said he recalled looking down at his body in the ditch. After his recovery he went back to jumping.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:57 PM
wrwindsor
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
I was trying to get my blueteefh adaptor working and my car said oh no, we can't do that as you are moving and it wouldn't be safe. I'm wondering if I set a bag of cement in the passengers seat if the response would be different. If the car really doesn't want to distract me, how about connecting to the last BT adapter that was paired and quit bothering me?
Also, what if you gave your phone to the 6yo child in the car seat in the back? (My oldest does this often). "Daddy, it doesn't work!"
Old 12-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:

Nice find Gerald , well worth the trip

Southern gentleman huh, I'll bet they heard the rebel yell as you sped down the drive.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:03 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
While he was unconscious he said he recalled looking down at his body in the ditch.
That's some spooky stuff there.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:04 PM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
'MUP! ..
The problem is that this technology cannot differentiate if you are the driver or the passenger.

Assuming that this problem is resolved, when outside my AO, I often have a need to fire up Google Maps to direct me to the destination and avoid nasty traffic. I don't need to touch it once started (I have a "stick my phone on the windshield" gadget), but I do need it to be "on" and displaying.

Thanks for that, think I have it now. I keep forgetting about apps and such on today's phones. I still have a Tom Tom, but its not been used in a while. Prolly need to load some updated maps, or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N TN View Post
That triggered a distant memory when I read it. The Stevens Model 87D is what I learned to shoot with and used for tiny game hunting well into my 30s. Wish I had it back.
I'm a fan boy off those clack-o-matic gill guns. First one was the Savage model 6. The later iterations can drive ya half crazy, getting them to run correctly after others have messed w/them. I had a lot of fun several years ago getting several of them back up to speed. They are just fun to shoot & some have a single shot lock out, so make a good choice for teaching a young or new shooter, in that mode. Now that our rifle range is operative once more I need to take a winter day and randomly mix some shorts, longs & LR ammo and shoot some ten shot 25yd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
I slugged the new GP100- .357 this morning. The bore slugged .357, and a .358 coated cast snugly slides into all six throats, so my 158 gr MB coated LWSC over 6.1 Universal should work without a leading problem.
It's 38* out with a light rain and snow mix, but I had to put up a target and see how it shoots.. I shot 18 at the 8" target then stepped back to 20 and 30 yards and flung some at the animals. Thirty shots total with no sign of leading in the throats, and a little smear about an inch in front of the forcing cone but clean behind it.

Them Iron sights are tough on the old eye, but I do like the brass bead and am going to try to get on to it and not go red dot like I have on the others..
Fine new gun shooting report, Hawkeye! From where I sit, it has the sound of a lot of smiles & holiday cheer. From the target, it looks like you can & will adjust to those irons.
--

Gerald, you can be proud that Santa just paid you back for some of your own good deeds & werk. Very cool brace of fine rifles!
--

Here's the link to the gal that was involved in the latest wrong way accident:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/12/01/...actor-trailer/
--

Many amazing real life stories of soldiers, citizens & subjects fighting for their freedom(s) exist and many are just that w/no need for any embellishment whatsoever. For some reason not known to me I have always had a strong affinity for the Poles & Poland. Lots of history over a long period of time w/horrible oppression most of it and solid sound people.. every one that I've ever met. Many fine craftsmen and intelligent engineers as well. They invented wodka, ya know, even tho the Russians would have you believe otherwise. Potato's make good vodka. Patriotism makes good soldiers. I'm glad that Poland is on our side.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:26 PM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
No one brought Poland up, I did.

And Ceaușescu ['twas a Cajun slip there for a moment] was a really evil jerk.. and few would refute that particular assertion, because his actions spoke for themselves and in his case I doubt anyone will be wishing to revise his history.

I do have a couple of Romanian trainers that shoot much better than their externals would have you believe on first impression. And I've a coupla Polish Wifama's that are remarkably accurate and fun shooters as well.

Last edited by wookness; 12-02-2019 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:29 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Had a friend who was a USAF retired parachute packer. He done two tours in VN, then Panama, then the South Pole. Said he made a lot of mula in Panama packing for jump clubs while there, and never had one returned with a complaint. He sometimes gave me the impression he stayed at the South Pole a little to long.