100 Yard Zero What's Your Drop @ 200 yards? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:18 PM
Bradical
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I have no doubt that there will be variations from what's stated on the box. But, there's no way to know ahead of time how much that variation will be off prior to actually shooting and taking a chronographic measurement. So the box published data is what I'll use.

I'm not shooting to score points, just varmints.

Last edited by Bradical; 10-17-2020 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:48 PM
wildcat18

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First pic is of 200 yd target using 20 gr bullets. Second target shows 1" zero at 100 yds. I wasn't too worried about the 50 yd zero, figured it would still be 1 MOA of groundhog. I showed the ruler because squares are not to scale. Squares on 200 yd target are 1".

Your results may vary.

Sorry about the sideways pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201017_203407.jpg (489.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20201017_202317.jpg (485.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Bradical
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think that's some darn good shooting and results. Clearly, the WSM is one heck of a Rimfire round.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:11 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradical View Post
I think that's some darn good shooting and results. Clearly, the WSM is one heck of a Rimfire round.
Yeah on that!
Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM
Texcl2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradical View Post
I have no doubt that there will be variations from what's stated on the box. But, there's no way to know ahead of time how much that variation will be off prior to actually shooting and taking a chronographic measurement. So the box published data is what I'll use.

I'm not shooting to score points, just varmints.
If that’s the only info you have, you have no choice but I’ve seen 400fps Differences from publish data. That’s a huge difference that measures in inches when you get out to two and 300 yards. I honestly think you would be lucky if the publish data is within 200 ft./s.

If no chrony is available I would do exactly what you did and go out and shoot it with different zeros to get the proper field zero. I have grown very fond of bdc style reticles, once you calibrate your bullet to it and know where to hold it makes long shots so much easier. Still need to be able to get your range accurately and quickly. I miss an opportunity to shoot an elk yesterday because I wasn’t able to range it before it left my field of view. Should have been in my pocket not in my pack.

Last edited by Texcl2; Yesterday at 09:51 AM.