Kid 10/22s - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:50 PM
cattle buyer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up Kid 10/22s

Any feedback on the KID 10/22s? Im a GA boy 70 -80 miles south of Kids shop and was thinking of going with his gun,I was gonna build my own and looked a a WallyWord SS special,I love the old delux walnut stocks but this one said "hardwood" and was mighty bland, the gun was 226+ tax,Kids deal at 800, sounds salty till you add all the goodys up then seems fair,mount your scope and start having fun finding the correct fodder. very best http://www.coolguyguns.com/Jan05complete_rifles.htm

Last edited by cattle buyer; 05-16-2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: forgot the link
Old 05-16-2007, 06:09 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Lil hep...

Several ways to look at it... I have on average $700ish into each and every one of mine..that includes good glass..not expensive glass but still good. They shoot real well and I have enjoyed doing all the mod's myself and can stand back in awe.. granted I am just the assembler.
I have never shot a Kid but I hope to someday and maybe even own at least his trigger...arguably one of the best there is.
If you are the kinda guy that just wants a great gun..buy his...if ya wanna do one that is PURDY and makes ya feel good cause ya putter' together then by all means we will help ya spend your money right here at RFC..
Old 05-16-2007, 06:16 PM
gunner65
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think it is a good deal if you want all those Kidd parts. However an $800 rifle in a $65 stock is kinda sacreligous. Dont get me wrong I love hogue stocks but for a rifle like that custom wood seems more to the order. Then you add mid to high end optics and you are looking over a grand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2007, 06:31 PM
cattle buyer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ive always been a Winchester man but several years ago I bought a 10/22 for a long time employee for Christmas,he saved up and I put a butler creek barrel and stock on for him and sighted it in,WOW what fun,Ive been trying to wear a 490 win out and could outshoot him till now and Im shooting thru good glass I pulled off a Win 220swift varmint gun.I love to tinker and am a fair smith . But I also see that if you really trick these things up you will spend the $$$ eg slow and painfull or fast and very painfull plus I was gonna visit Kid and see if I could get him to maybe build a barrel for my 490 and or 77/22lr.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:45 PM
cattle buyer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Gunner, I took an early pawn shop 77/22 that had nice wood but was dinged up I steamed the bad stuff out and refinished using red brown winchester oil cleaned the rust with copper wool and croker sack in oil that turned out mighty nice for less than 300 bucks,its not a one holer but Im gonna keep trying.I love wood, tupperwear is not my bag but my truck gun wears one well nor am I a big sainless fan.Ill get my daughter to show me how to use the camera and post photos .very best
Old 05-17-2007, 04:45 PM
dads_addiction
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner65 View Post
However an $800 rifle in a $65 stock is kinda sacreligous. Dont get me wrong I love hogue stocks but for a rifle like that custom wood seems more to the order.
No KID ing....sorry, excuse the pun

Kind of like putting Cooper truck tires on your Lambo!

You cant beat the assembled action, so think of the stock as the "packing" it came in