Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-21-2020, 07:54 AM
*bigstone

TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
P94S and Quad Scope mounting question

I have owned a P94S and Quad for some time and never purchased bases for these rifles. Both are hunter barrel profile barrel.

I want to scope them now with the intent of shooting at longer distances. I normally do casual rimfire shooting at <100 yards but have access to shoot out to 400 yds. With a 14 YR old grandson that is interested in shooting I could see shooting at much longer distances

I'm familiar with Burris Signature rings and know about the offset insets but I've never used the offset inserts. I'm not the most skilled person.

With that said. I'd like to mount scopes so they could be reach out to at least 300.
Would I be better off purchasing extended MOA bases? And made by? OR go with Burris Ring and offset inserts?

Oh and would the same setup work on both the P94S and Quad?

Your advise would be much appreciated

Forgot. Would the P94S and Quad use the same setup?
Old 01-22-2020, 05:22 PM
Thomasconnor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
You can get 40 MOA with the Burris Signature Rimfire rings. The undisclosed scope matters as the Signature rimfire rings only come in two heights, medium and giant...Tom

Old 01-22-2020, 06:55 PM
*bigstone

TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
Rings

Those tall Burris rings really are giants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2020, 08:57 PM
kisssofdeath
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *bigstone View Post
I have owned a P94S and Quad for some time and never purchased bases for these rifles. Both are hunter barrel profile barrel.

I want to scope them now with the intent of shooting at longer distances. I normally do casual rimfire shooting at <100 yards but have access to shoot out to 400 yds. With a 14 YR old grandson that is interested in shooting I could see shooting at much longer distances

I'm familiar with Burris Signature rings and know about the offset insets but I've never used the offset inserts. I'm not the most skilled person.

With that said. I'd like to mount scopes so they could be reach out to at least 300.
Would I be better off purchasing extended MOA bases? And made by? OR go with Burris Ring and offset inserts? If you care about the looks then you could go with the Burris Signature Weaver style rings and use the $10 UTG adapters like shown below. You can still get 40 MOA if you use the 1" rings, the 30mm rings do not have the +/- 20 MOA inserts.

If looks are not a concern I would go with a 20-30 MOA 11mm Picatinny or NATO spec rail and then you would have an abundance of rings to use. DIP sells 25 MOA rails for the Quad and P94S. Not sure what the difference is unless it's the ejection port.

If you wanted a classic look IMO nothing beats the Talley.

Oh and would the same setup work on both the P94S and Quad? YES

Forgot. Would the P94S and Quad use the same setup? YES
My suggestions in BLUE