My Mueller APV 4.5x14 40mm AO went bananas - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-24-2019, 03:09 PM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My Mueller APV 4.5x14 40mm AO went bananas

I have had the scope for a little over two years and it has performed marvelously. But I had it out last week and my Rem. Model Five (Zastava CZ99 .22LR) went bananas on me. I was getting a dispersion of my Aguila .22 SEHV 40 gr. RN over a nearly 2" spread at 50 yds. where I normally get 1/2 in. or smaller tight groups.

I brought it back in to my gun club's indoor range this past Monday. Shooting off a bipod and rear bag the dispersion was proportionately just as bad. A half in. or greater at 25 yds. where I normally would have a single jagged hole maybe 0.30 inches. The shots were randomly high, then low, left, right, and then might put one on the POAI, and then drop 2 a half inch low.

I shot my Aguila HVSE and also some Win M-22. The groups were equally bad. I had one M-22 group that looked pretty good, and then 2 shots went wandering.

I had checked the mounts, stock, etc. last week. No changes have/had been made in months. No reason to. The scope just was not shooting to POA.

I sent the scope back to Mueller Optics today with the proper invoice, letter and a check for S&H and insurance. We will see what happens.

I have another identical scope on my CZ 452 American that is nearly 8 1/2 years old and it is still shooting tiny groups at 50. This one is really the first scope I have ever purchased that has went awry. Some never lived up to their claims, but at least they were consistent in what they were capable of.

VH
Old 04-24-2019, 03:24 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (136)
If you have the receipt there is a lifetime warranty, if not they may negotiate a discounted replacement price. I bought two used scopes and they replaced one free because I had proof of purchase and the other at a discount with no receipt.

http://muelleroptics.com/
Old 05-09-2019, 06:21 AM
*bigstone

TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
Mueller scope return

Varmit hunter67 sir,

Has anyone from Mueller contacted you on the returned scope for repair?

BS