Old 05-15-2015, 10:32 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldblades View Post
Lets try not to confuse the new guy.
And here I thought that what new guys were for!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 06-02-2015, 07:20 AM
RetiredTwice

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up You are correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
And here I thought that what new guys were for!!

Just a browser here, only have two 10/22s so far, and don't plan on reworking them for now. Have to get a clunker to work on first.

Having little, read that as none, knowledge of 10/22s, the wealth of information available here definitely has me confused!!!

Keep up the good work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredTwice View Post

Just a browser here, only have two 10/22s so far, and don't plan on reworking them for now. Have to get a clunker to work on first.

Having little, read that as none, knowledge of 10/22s, the wealth of information available here definitely has me confused!!!

Keep up the good work.
We can definitely help you fix them up to any level you care to go to. Mild to fairly wild with in "sporter rifle" rules or heavy barrel in SuperSport Forum just down from SuperStock.

Or you are welcome to just hang out and shoot your stock rifles. Every so often we get them that surprise us which is why I tell people to test their stock rifles with and without barrel bands (if they are Carbines). You may get lucky. More and more the latest Rugers are turning into good shooters with just a little tuning with factory barrels. I think Ruger is selling the consistently most accurate 10/22s they have ever made right now. They are listening to our calls for better chambers as the barrels have been good for years and then they would mess them up with the way they chambered them.

Anyway please feel welcome to hang out with us any time.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Holeshot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Relatively new member here so was too late to have Que work on my barrels/bolts.

Wish I knew about this Forum earlier so that I could have obtained his services.

As best as I can tell he is in Alabama too, but do not know which city.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
Relatively new member here so was too late to have Que work on my barrels/bolts.

Wish I knew about this Forum earlier so that I could have obtained his services.

As best as I can tell he is in Alabama too, but do not know which city.
Near Huntsville I think but not sure.

You can get the same work (or very similar) done by Randy at CPC. He does VERY good work

He is a sponsor here and you can see his ad on the Sponsor's List up near the top of the list of sub forums.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:24 PM
1911luvr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Que did a boatload of bolts for me (14 or 15) right before his hiatus, so I really hope I wasn't part of the reason for his break. That said, he is one of the nicest and most upstanding business people I have ever spoken with, and if he was here in my neck o' the woods I'd buy him dinner to show my thanks! I wish there were more people like him doing business out in CA!

Although his work has been highly regarded, I must admit I was a bit skeptical that the accuracy benefits reported by others could actually be obtained simply by his bolt work. Well, his work is every bit as impressive as expected, and having checked my groups both pre-Que and post-Que, I can say without exaggeration that the improvement in accuracy is incredible! The difference it made was what I would have expected from upgrading the barrel, yeah it was that big!

In testing the results at 50 feet I thought something was wrong at first because I fired 3 rounds but only had one hole. After I realized they really were going through the same hole, I moved to 25 yards and had 10 rounds inside a dime, then 22 rounds inside a nickel at 50 yards with CCI SV ammo and a stock Ruger barrel built in 1985!

A friend of mine's Magnum Research 10/22 was already very accurate, but as good as it was Que's work tightened the groups even more. It was just hard to believe until we saw for ourselves.

Que has made a fan out of me and my shooting buddies, and I hope to seem him back at it in the future!
Old 06-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Que
RFC Sponsor
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (101)
thank you all for the great feedback. I can assure you that I already miss it but between my real job and the rimfire hobby job I had no free time at all. in time all things change. ya just never know when/if I will start back up.
do stay in touch as I still have the bolt work email and will reply or whatever when contacted. ya'll stay safe..... I'll be around

Old 06-11-2015, 09:11 PM
amblerrl
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (127)
mixed feelings

Old 06-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
thank you all for the great feedback. I can assure you that I already miss it but between my real job and the rimfire hobby job I had no free time at all. in time all things change. ya just never know when/if I will start back up.
do stay in touch as I still have the bolt work email and will reply or whatever when contacted. ya'll stay safe..... I'll be around
You know where your RFC home is so we will be happy to see you any time

Old 06-16-2015, 10:26 PM
284wahoo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Que was the first one I went to on my first SS build. I'll add, my best SS build. This just makes that rifle even more valuable to me knowing that it's now a limited edition. Will always look back on that experience with the bolt work done by Que and his coaching as probably the most encouraging step I took during my journey to learn and do things to get my 10/22's into tac driver territory. Hope the "Real" job don't take too much out of him. Best wishes for calm winds and following seas.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:43 PM
Kaiser

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Send a message via AIM to Kaiser
Que, thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to your fellow sportsman over the years I have a couple of shiny bolts you did for me that have been flawless since I got them back.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:24 PM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Warning!!! Old thread.

Has anyone heard from Que lately?

He sure did good work.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:31 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Approx. 16 months back he and I exchanged email greetings... he's liven the dream!
Or.. was then anyway.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:44 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (136)
Mr. Quillen did great work for us. I have a dozen bolts in builds and still have a half dozen or so bolts he did for me not in use, yet. He is a great guy, a wounded warrior as well as a presence in the Law Enforcement community as last I knew. I wish him all the good things.
Randy at CPC is the go-to now for outstanding work, I own a few of his items too.