Mixed Feelings :) :( - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:32 AM
roothog
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Question Mixed Feelings :) :(

I'm very glad our old friend Que is getting a well deserved break, he has worked much too hard these past years giving us great workmanship at rock-bottom prices. But I am sad to think that he might not ever again turn out the famous ''Quebolt'' so many SuperStock pirates have come to take for granted. Over the past few years he has given me so many ''good deals'' on work and parts that I feel I have taken advantage of his friendship. I'm sure there are many others that have had the same experience in there dealings with him. He filled a niche here with his services and I doubt anyone will replace him soon. I recently finished a build with his help ( actually, he did most all of it ) and I am glad I did, as the opportunity may not come again. I am fortunate to have some of the work he has turned out, even more fortunate to have gained him as a friend. Kudos to you brother Que, and may God bless!! RH
Old 05-12-2015, 06:55 AM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I too am sad to hear that he is not taking in any more work...

but I'm glad to hear that Que is a classy enough guy to be taking a break (I hope it's just a break anyway) before he reached beyond the burnout point and had people getting angry at him for unfinished work and unreturned parts like some other member who did barrel work around here did
Old 05-12-2015, 07:17 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
A great guy who deserves a break, but I can't imagine not having his talents available either. He's done several things for me that go well beyond just business, God Bless him.
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2015, 10:08 AM
HarleyXJGuy
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I feel the same as you RH.

Glad the Que man took a break before getting to burned out but sad I did not get my rifle to him in time. Stupid Global War on Terror.

Can anyone recommend a place to get my bolt sorted and barrel crown fixed?
Old 05-12-2015, 02:37 PM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (268)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyXJGuy View Post
I feel the same as you RH.

Glad the Que man took a break before getting to burned out but sad I did not get my rifle to him in time. Stupid Global War on Terror.

Can anyone recommend a place to get my bolt sorted and barrel crown fixed?
Que is on of the best and his work will be missed for sure, but if you're looking for work on a 10/22, I can recommend Randy at CPC*, also an RFC sponsor, who does high quality work at reasonable prices and has a reasonable turn-around time. Many here have had Randy do work for them and have been very happy with the results.

Doug

* http://www.ct-precision.com
Old 05-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Que needs to train a Mini-Que...family or not.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:38 AM
HarleyXJGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
Que is on of the best and his work will be missed for sure, but if you're looking for work on a 10/22, I can recommend Randy at CPC*, also an RFC sponsor, who does high quality work at reasonable prices and has a reasonable turn-around time. Many here have had Randy do work for them and have been very happy with the results.

Doug

* http://www.ct-precision.com
Ok sounds good, thanks.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:05 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Did something change? Last I heard he was still doing bolts but not barrels. Has he quit doing bolts as well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 05-13-2015, 10:50 PM
roothog
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Check out his web page. RH
Old 05-14-2015, 06:49 PM
Que
RFC Sponsor
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (101)
I do thank you gents. I have tried my best to insure folks was happy with my work. Right now there is just way too much going on at my real job to allow me to comfortably do any rimfire stuff. who knows....I may get some things done for myself. I'm not nailing the doors closed so I may return to this one day.
heck I'm not even sure how long I've been doing this stuff now. I know Rico was one of the first to have me do some bolt work. Chromie was another, pretty sure Chromie still has one of the first reworks I did.
its been quite enjoyable really. there were times that it seemed overwhelming but it all got done. I've learned a lot about folks in general also I believe. throughout it all I have only gotten one bad check. I think that speaks volumes as to the true nature of a responsible person and gun owner.
so many contacted me when my dad was ill due to a stoke and then another outpouring when he passed. so many good hearted folks that I consider friends. never will meet but a few of you I'd figure but that takes nothing away from the fact I appreciate all that you have done for me from the very start.
I'm not going anywhere as I do hope to enjoy a bit of time now. hope to knock some rust off myself and give a game or two a go. again I do thank you all and may GOD bless you each and every one.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:45 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
I do thank you gents. I have tried my best to insure folks was happy with my work. Right now there is just way too much going on at my real job to allow me to comfortably do any rimfire stuff. who knows....I may get some things done for myself. I'm not nailing the doors closed so I may return to this one day.
heck I'm not even sure how long I've been doing this stuff now. I know Rico was one of the first to have me do some bolt work. Chromie was another, pretty sure Chromie still has one of the first reworks I did.
its been quite enjoyable really. there were times that it seemed overwhelming but it all got done. I've learned a lot about folks in general also I believe. throughout it all I have only gotten one bad check. I think that speaks volumes as to the true nature of a responsible person and gun owner.
so many contacted me when my dad was ill due to a stoke and then another outpouring when he passed. so many good hearted folks that I consider friends. never will meet but a few of you I'd figure but that takes nothing away from the fact I appreciate all that you have done for me from the very start.
I'm not going anywhere as I do hope to enjoy a bit of time now. hope to knock some rust off myself and give a game or two a go. again I do thank you all and may GOD bless you each and every one.
I guess it will be worth it if it gives you more time to hang out with a bunch of pirates and do a little shooting. My bolts have only been done by two people..... you and me. Yours are prettier!! I will cherish each of them.

Thank you so much for your help and for your continued support of SuperStock. I would guess many of those barrels ended up right here. You beautiful bolts are everywhere but they started out here in SuperStock as you said with our great friend Ricochet (by the way the rifle Ricochet's Tribute is in process of getting reworked and is going to be much prettier and Ricochet would approve I think).

You will always be one of the original SuperStock Pirates and I hope you have had a much fun as I have with that great bunch of people. This newer bunch are a fine group as well.

I am sorry you will be at least temporarily closing the shop door but I do look forward to seeing you around here

Old 05-15-2015, 07:54 AM
HarleyXJGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Would love to see Que actually shooting a rifle.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:24 AM
Oldblades
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
hope to knock some rust off myself and give a game or two a go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyXJGuy View Post
Would love to see Que actually shooting a rifle.
In other words, you're going to slack and enjoy yourself shooting instead of taking care of all of us so we can shoot instead?

Thanks for the great work. You've earned this.
Oh and BTW, the little thingy sticking out the bottom shoots the rifle when you pull back on it, in case you have forgotten.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:52 PM
Que
RFC Sponsor
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (101)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldblades View Post
In other words, you're going to slack and enjoy yourself shooting instead of taking care of all of us so we can shoot instead?

Oh and BTW, the little thingy sticking out the bottom shoots the rifle when you pull back on it, in case you have forgotten.
you figured me out!
that tidbit of info will come in handy I do believe

Old 05-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldblades View Post

NO! NO! NO!

NOT PULLED!!

SQEEEEEEEEZED!
!

Marksmanship taught here!