Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

BUCK KNIFE collection forms here

82K views 254 replies 89 participants last post by  j.r. guerra in s. texas 
#1 ·
We all know Buck knives have a hugh following .Please show your BUCKS and tell us all about them here.I have one that ill post up later on tonight .:t

#2 ·
Here is my single Buck knife.It was my brothers and is a replacement for a Puma White Hunter my brother loaned to a friend to take on a hunting trip back around 1971. The guy dropped in Puma into a stream while crossing it and the knife was lost. We were really bummed out about that . Anyway this Buck is the replacement and is virtually unused . It is shaving sharp.

#6 · (Edited)
Yea we were aggrivated about it to . We know the White Hunter was nicer. It was my brothers knife and his friend Greg lost the Hunter on the trip.He went to get a Hunter as replacement but either couldnt find one or they stopped making them .Now that I think about it , the first Buck knife"s blade broke doing a simple task . We sent that knife into Buck and they replaced it with the one in the photo.Im sure that White Hunter was from right around 1971 or so.I remember that green felt box lol. My brother gave me this knife and Ive had it in safe storage ever since. Well ,thats the story on this one :) The Stream is someplace in the Addirondack Mountain in New York state

#8 ·
Cool. I have been collecting Buck Knives for years. Not a lot of their later stuf though mainly because I don't like most of them. A couple years ago the quality was down also. At one Shot Show I talked to a salesman and complained about some inconsistencies in quality. The new stuff is is a nice improvement.

#13 ·
Buck Mentor on top. Have a Pathfinder, but its camera shy (now where did I leave that guy? :confused:) and I ended up purchasing that cool little Woodsman from oldblinddog above (Thanks again sir!). Buck makes a pretty cool sheath knife, they take some time to get their edge, but once there, it stays sharp with a little bit of maintenance.

#19 ·
No sir, just got it 2 weeks ago, used. For some reason, just tickled my imagination and I bought it on a Buy Now from ebay for a reasonable price. Designed by someone at EKA, built in China (that I didn't know :eek:) but I'm trying to keep an open mind. The skinning blade does seem to be a practical tool, back of it should work well for peeling the hide off as well. Time will tell though.

Here's a picture with blade(s) open:

Thanks for the interest.

#18 ·
Buck #192BRS Cocobolo Vanguard
Buck #692BKS Rubber Vanguard
Buck #112 Ranger
Buck #525V Gent Lockback

#22 ·
Ok, I took some pics of a few in my collection but I have many many more. These are some doubles I have I was going to give to my daughter but she doesn't want them so...\

These are the Lightning' and the ones with the pictures on them are LEs and he ones made in 2000 are limited to 2000 pieces.

This top one is #259 of 500 pieces.