Posting an item with no comment availability - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-03-2021, 11:40 AM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

While I understand the desire to be able to leave comments, it would be nice if the seller could delete selected comments as well. Sometimes you have "stalkers" that try to discount every post you make, and they would certainly comment "I wouldn't buy this because...". But then you would probably think that the "delete capability" would be used to delete your "first I'll take it" if a later offer was preferred for whatever reason.

Thankfully, all my TP experiences with RFC members has been very positive, and the admins have banned the stalker I had problems with.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:46 PM
theearlof

TPC Rating: 
100% (89)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thezen View Post
On other firearms forums that I'm on, there is no ability to comment on a classified, unless you are the OP.
That well may be true, but the subject is this forum.

I have several times, and once just recently, seen an item in the trading post that was misidentified by the seller, so I added a friendly comment about what the item really was, for both the sake of the potential buyer and the seller to avoid costly mistakes and bad seller/buyer issues.

That is only one good reason to allow comments. Another I see often is positive comments about the pricing or condition of the item. Also, buyers who might have just missed out on a purchase that they would have jumped on comment that they would like to be second or third in line if the initial buyer should back out.

Last edited by theearlof; 03-03-2021 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:32 PM
theearlof

TPC Rating: 
100% (89)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
While it may be frustrating the person who is selling an item has the right to sell it to whomever they choose.

Even though you may think you contacted the seller first someone else could have PM'd them before you.
While any seller has the "right" to sell to whomever they chose, is it right for a seller to post a for sale on this board where the trading post rules state that the sale price must be listed (auctions are not allowed) and a person posts (first poster in the comments or even sends a PM) that he will take it and then the seller receives a later PM from a buddy that he wants the item so seller sells to his buddy instead??

Or, the seller receives a later PM from another buyer offering a higher price so the seller sells to that person instead??

Which of these sellers do you want to be?
Old 03-03-2021, 06:55 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ive learned to just 'let it go'....iffn the deal.doesnt work out for me, for whatever reason, it 'wasnt meant to be'.
Doesnt mean I aint been aggravated, but pickin at the wound dont help.