What extended magazine release for TCA TCR22 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-06-2020, 08:25 PM
bernie herd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What extended magazine release for TCA TCR22

Will the 1022 extended release work for my Thompson Center TCR22 Altamont Performance Center? I saw somewhere a shorter release that didn't go but half way on the trigger guard. I don't want one that goes to the very back of the trigger guard that can accidentally released easily. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:25 AM
GB22lr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie herd View Post
Will the 1022 extended release work for my Thompson Center TCR22 Altamont Performance Center? I saw somewhere a shorter release that didn't go but half way on the trigger guard. I don't want one that goes to the very back of the trigger guard that can accidentally released easily. Thanks in advance.
Try Tandemkross It works on my T/CR22 Look under Ruger 10/22 as they fir the Thompson "Fireswitch Extended Mag Release Part # 3018N0184
JB
Old 04-07-2021, 01:19 AM
checkenbach

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mag release

I bought a Brownell’s house brand one, it has two ears on either side of the trigger guard and works great. My only gripe is that it crowds the bolt hold/ release lever, I’m going to get an extended one later...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2021, 02:02 PM
staff3704
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Ruger Target model had a nice extended mag release on it from Ruger. It only extended around the front part of the trigger guard to the front part of the bottom of the trigger guard. But it had a slight flare out (left and right side) on the curve at the bottom of the front part of the trigger guard. It was easy to use your trigger finger to push the flare out on either the right or left side (depending on if you are right or left handed) of the mag release and the mag would just fall out.

Last edited by staff3704; 05-05-2021 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-06-2021, 04:42 PM
Gasguy
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You can look at

NDZ
Tactical Solutions
tacticool 22

for mag releases.

Tacticool 22 actually lists a TCR 22 release.
The other two show releases for 10/22 but I have found that some fit on the TCR with no issues, and some require a little dremel work to fit.
Plastic ones can be warmed up to fit the trigger shape if going with the long style. Metal can be bent to fit if your lucky.