am I wasting my time -- accuracy with takedown - Page 7 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:50 AM
coloradokid
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Love me some Golden Bullits!!!
Old 01-03-2020, 12:13 PM
Roadrat
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
92% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer22 View Post
Hear Hear!! . I wonder if Golden Bullets would help?
Whatever you desire! ME? I would not have Remington .22 ammo in my gun room!!! JMHO
Old 01-03-2020, 08:39 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
(Me neither)
Old 01-11-2020, 07:46 PM
IndustryOutsider

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My range trip today consisted of 110 rounds through my project Charger (it choked at 105 continuous rounds from the GSG drum), 100 rounds through a MKIV 22/45 to try out some new goodies, 50 rounds out of a future project rifle to test a trigger, and 150 to break in the new barrel on my takedown project. To be fair, I was just shooting to get the barrel broken in, but the groups were not so good. As in, even worse than I would have expected, knowing that not everything was torqued down properly, and I was in a rush, so I let a gun shop employee mount my scope. When I got home, I realized I never adjusted the barrel collar or whatever that thing is. It was probably loose by about 8 turns. The good news is that next trip, it will be broken in and ready to go. The bad news is that I'm having surgery on Monday, so not sure when I will be allowed to go shooting again.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:18 PM
Plainsman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustryOutsider View Post
. When I got home, I realized I never adjusted the barrel collar or whatever that thing is. It was probably loose by about 8 turns. The good news is that next trip, it will be broken in and ready to go. The bad news is that I'm having surgery on Monday, so not sure when I will be allowed to go shooting again.
That collar adjustment AND cycling the bolt a few times to seat the barrel are HUGE when it comes to TD consistency, Ive found! Good luck on that and your hand surgery!
Old 01-14-2020, 01:54 PM
IndustryOutsider

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
That collar adjustment AND cycling the bolt a few times to seat the barrel are HUGE when it comes to TD consistency, Ive found! Good luck on that and your hand surgery!
It wasn't hand surgery, but it did go well.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:16 PM
Skeetnowrimfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I didnít go looking for a td but I found a Brand new TD with VQ lite barrel, VQ trigger, VQ comp, cantilever rail, Magpul stock with Ruger receiver and bolt and VQ hard case for $795. It shot well so I picked up the other one the dealer had and put a red dot on it. They are both fun to shoot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3A74C5C9-2B0D-4893-9564-EF60DBCB3259.jpeg (30.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 6A29E8AA-032F-4255-AF3D-92C3EAF4F04D.jpg (503.0 KB, 8 views)