Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:58 PM
jstanfield103
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Ted even if the grips had a swell they could at least give a general LOP from rear of grip to trigger (factory) just a straight line which does not include the swell.

Most of the time I will sand the swell of the grip out anyway.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:12 AM
photographix

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd be curious to see the rear sight on your pistol if you have changed it out from stock.

I have a Hunter, and I have come to really dislike the rear sight blade. I'm looking for ideas to replace either the blade if not the whole sight.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:43 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanfield103 View Post
Ted even if the grips had a swell they could at least give a general LOP from rear of grip to trigger (factory) just a straight line which does not include the swell.

Most of the time I will sand the swell of the grip out anyway.
Jeff,

I also have not heard of semi-auto pistol manufactures providing Length-of-Pull distances. I'd imagine this would be because there is no established standard of measurement. As you suggest, from the middle of trigger curve to the tang (the valley where the hands Thenar webbing resides) could be provided as reference with the OEM trigger/grip panels installed! Possibly, an OEM rated LOP would be helpful to get an idea of where to start for a proper fitting pistol grip!?!

For me (and many other other Ruger Mk owners), seems we try and get the best fit to achieve hand holding success with a variety of grips and trigger styles/settings that offer the most comfortable and stable holds.

Hand fit is very important, thus as it stands (measurements not provided), an individual should "try them on first" to see what stock styles offer the best out-of-box fits (just like shoes)!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Ted