Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 05:24 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
Is the shop normally open or closed on Monday? Is today a holiday in NO?

That sounds steep.

Been a few years since I paid for a transfer. Used to get me mail order guns through a shop that charged $10. They changed owners and it went up to $20. I think $25 is the norm around here.

Wisdom prevailed and I didn't attempt to drop the AC out the window. Window seems to have strange construction. Not sure it has the 'normal' sill.
Apparently the holiday got extended a bit.
Yes, I normally work Mondays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Clark View Post
Around here $25-30 is the average. I know of a $15 & a $60 here. Here = where Don is
Mike the dentist wants $20 now a days.
We get $40 all day long. $30 for Military and Police, along with frequent flyers.

Of course transfers are free for me.

Online shopping for everything from Missouri Bullets, to Faxon Barrels and BCG's.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:06 PM
RichJ
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Series recommendation

On Acorn, Bomb Girls

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1955311/?ref_=rvi_tt

Rich
Old 07-06-2020, 06:09 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
...and BCG's.
I still read that as eyeglasses.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:10 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Benjamin for a transfer up here. Donít know anybody that does anything for less.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:10 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ View Post
Looks like it could be good.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:32 PM
RichJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Looks like it could be good.
It is, Meg Tilly is exceptional.

Rich
Old 07-06-2020, 06:42 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I still read that as eyeglasses.
Me too, once I knew whot it stood for, but its Academy's in store/house brand on some of their stuff, like tee shirts & I never found the first person in one of their stores that could tell me whot it stood for. Think I finally learned that here.
--

On transfers, I never pd. so much as a dime until a coupla years back. It was always gratis thru friends w/store front bidnesses & FFL's, until they closed. Then did a couple at $25 ea. thru a dif. friend's place of bidness [it was his going rate] before finding a dif. store front operation that handles them for $10/per firearm for me and I shall continue to use him as we have become known to each other & its clean and hassle free. In all cases, it has always been on the spot fast & efficient. I've never experienced an 'issue' or 'hold', but have put all my info on the form of the day from the beginning. I figure they know who I am anyway & I've nuthin' to hide. Is it invasive? Possibly, but like I said, I'm not trying to hide anything & I like to shoot. I gave a new Remington Sportsman 58 receiver that I was never going to use to an individual in the gun parts bidness and it was logged in his book at the time. It was logged in another book when I acquired it. Just whot it is. And I don't think complicating it beyond present levels accomplishes squat, but that's just my opinion. Others' may vary.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:29 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tired old Reb here. Mowed, fixed Wifey's outside lamp post at deck entrance, watered peppers in front bed, some of Wifey's flowers, then pressure washed pickup [in all cracks and crevasses], then washed with was brush and rag, cleaned mats [Fred's spills on passenger side ] and wiped down dash and interior. WOW. Then loaded backpack sprayer [in case we need to touch up around barn and campers] and 5 3 gal. jugs of water. Ready to roll.

Washing soaked jeans and shirt. Showered. Ready to roll out early tomorrow.

Now find some food.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:32 PM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Mike the dentist wants $20 now a days.
We get $40 all day long. $30 for Military and Police, along with frequent flyers.
Took me a second to get the dentist reference.
There were a couple of place in Harahan doing $15 at one time I don't know if they changed that.

I guess $25 being the norm has passed.

Quote:
Of course transfers are free for me.
Sounds like that could be a problem. Some of us need deterrents.

I talked to Donnie Miculek last night for a bit.

Last edited by Mike Clark; 07-06-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:03 PM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
I had the opportunity to chat with his sister in law Kay once again along with his niece Lena late last year; wonderful people.
What is funny is that I ran across Lena on the internet today. I did a search of her name and in a link it had Donnie listed as her uncle.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:10 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ford vs Ferrari
Old 07-06-2020, 10:13 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Missed one chore. Replace uplight bulb [with LED] on corner front of house. Was out last night. Replace with LED's and last for a long time.

Clothes washed, dried and sprayed for tomorrow. Even washed cap and sprayed.

Animals out and in. 76 degrees and fair. 90% humidity.

Coffee pot ready so I'm of to bed. [Alexa set for 6 AM with Amazon Classical Piano]

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, Mike, RichJ, dlong, Atonic. COW, Greggie, M92, arjay, Wayne, Phil, W8LON, nfcracin, OldDave, IHMS, AZ, labratt, nfcracin, Hawkeye, jnyork, Rock, Gigi, RonL, Ranger, Brent, Gerald, GP, koonta, wr, OldSwede, pans, JDWIN, dj, Squirrel, 404, 1917, Carrij, Mikey, JimWY, CMR, Johnny, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Old 07-06-2020, 10:39 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nite ole timer.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:42 PM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Someone's favorite delivery service ie FedEx delivered an eight pound keg of my favorite powder for .223/5.56 this morning. Reloaded ninety-two of those puppies shot during LRS this morning.
Been a long time since I reloaded a rifle round but I recall getting more than that from an 8# jug.

Went to the grocery store. Gave me a big grumpy. Out of things on sale. I understand supply limitations but if you don't have any in the warehouse then don't put it on sale. Also no manned checkout lines, just self-service. Half of those were turned off. Not one of each pair but all the ones on the right side. Left 10 stations but only 2 could be used while social distancing.

Wife returns home tomorrow with sister in tow. Be visiting for 4 days, then wife will return sister and trade for her mom. That should run 4-5 days.

I don't much worry since they both live an isolated lifestyle. I know wife will be taking her mom home by the 17th since they have an ambush appointment with her doctor. All 3 girls are conspiring to have discussion regarding mom's deteriorating mental powers.

Garage window has funny sill. Looked up window manual(Anderson 200 series) for instructions on how to install that air conditioner. Instructions are 'DON'T'. Window won't support an ac unit. I'd throw a fit if the contractors that built my garage hadn't gone out of business. Had single outlet circuit(don't want motor noise messing with the electronics) installed next to window for specific purpose of installing AC.

Tomorrow I will research for some way to install. Will think about 2x4s and redneck install. If all else fails I will return the AC to Sam's.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:12 AM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fireworks finally stopped this afternoon. Some numpty was setting them off at 5:30 am this morning. We've got three fires within 50 miles of me going right now. Two were suspected as from illegal fireworks, the third from homeless in the area.

Strong winds again today. Wanted to mow but didn't get to it. Have a trip to pickup a flag display for a flag her nephew gave us after he was deployed. It is from an F15 Strike Eagle sortie. Neat thing to have around the house. We both like our American flags.