Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:58 AM
iShoot17

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisssofdeath View Post
COW 54, I like the Jaguar quite a bit. I like it mostly for two reasons one is the long barrel and two it is threaded for suppressor use. These two combinations would make for an extremely quite shooting rifle.
I’m a huge fan of the 452 Ultra Lux / Super BRNO SAA 2500. While I thought my needs were covered, this Jaguar does grab my attention for the same reasons you’ve listed.

I will caveat that with this: the 457 “looks” have, so far, failed to appeal to my senses. While I do not own one, nor have I handled one (haven’t found one locally), I absolutely loved the bolt (and its angle of throw), as well as the checkering of the 452s. While the checkering isn’t really a big change, and is really insignificant entirely, I just can’t get over the stamping on the stock of the model and variant. I personally believe it looks ridiculous and itself would likely be a deterrent for me to purchase one.

Though, through my quick research, it seems that not all iterations of each variant has the same stock style - so I’ll kick back and eat my popcorn seeing where this goes!
Old 04-13-2020, 10:26 AM
PABear
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"canít get over the stamping on the stock of the model and variant." my feelings exactly. do you get a discount for carrying the ad?

The ad ruins the wood...maybe in plastic stock!
Old 04-13-2020, 12:17 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PABear View Post
"canít get over the stamping on the stock of the model and variant." my feelings exactly. do you get a discount for carrying the ad?

The ad ruins the wood...maybe in plastic stock!
27 yrs ago I bought a new 16.6' deep V fishing boat, with live well etc., with the maker's name decal'd over half of the side of the boat's length. I asked the dealer how much will you pay me to leave the name on? He said "nothing" and I heated gunned MirroCraft off of the rest of my lifetime boat.
Old 04-13-2020, 02:01 PM
PABear
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Al, I did the same with my Crestliner and my dodge ramcharger. no ads please.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:20 PM
tejano51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got handle one at my LGS this morning, the first one it has had. I was hoping not to mind too much the stamping on both sides of the stock, but I didn't care for it. And then, my LGS had it priced at $521, which was more than I expected. Not sure I would buy it even at $475.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:18 PM
JimSC
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am not allowed to own any pretty guns, however I can admire them. It's a right pretty rifle, that would only be true for maybe three trips out of the safe. Not sure why CZ has decided to emboss lettering in the stock of a lot of it's rifles, it ruins the lines in my opinion
Old 04-14-2020, 02:54 PM
glennasher
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
I tested a Jaguar a couple weeks ago...Very fast, bumpy ride, the saddle kept slipping and...I think it tried to bite me!

You might try a tiger next time, C.C., I hear they're easier to tame, or something, according to Netflix.................................