Sharing Info- SuperStock Friends - Page 208 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:34 AM
OpsMgr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I know you are enjoying your Grandson. He is building memories of his Grandpa that will stay with him for the rest of his life.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:40 AM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to rigrat
Well think I made a mistake the other day. Went and bought my grandson a small 50cc 4-wheeler that you can turn down so it doesn't go very fast. Ithink I rode more yesterday than I have in the last year, LOL. So much in fact had to turn it off and stop riding as mine was getting to hot.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:31 PM
OpsMgr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Nephew had one of those. Couldn't keep him off it. Too much fun...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 05:25 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
LOL, you are so right, over heated mine again today he has burned a tank of gas in that little 4-wheeler in just 2 days.

He's just to cute in his helmet riding that thing like a pro. He is going to be his daddy made over.

I had to go over in the field and bushhog a circle around the field . Now he'll ride around the yard till he gets tired then he'll say papa and point to the gate going over int the field. LOL that boy is something else.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:16 AM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
So where is everyone at? No new posts in over a month. Think it time for a update from all of you.

Everything is pretty much back to normal here. I'm still shooting centerfire as I still can't find reasonable 22 lr ammo around here. Haven't seen any on the shelf for over 6 months. And the gougers are charging twice the cost for a brick up words to 70-80dollars for crap ammo.

So I'm shooting mainly 38 special and some 9mm and 45 acp.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:26 PM
WIZZr
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
HI, rigrat, I have not been posting much like you I have been shooting centerfire pistols a lot more lately. we have a local IDPA match once a month. bought a new SigSauer 1911 a month ago. that I have been playing with. would post a pic but I cannot get pics to load up. wizzr
Old 09-30-2013, 05:07 PM
OpsMgr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What up guys? Good to hear from you Rigger and WIZZr.

Things are going well here but like Rigger posted, the availability and prices of rim fire ammo are off the charts. I started buying up ammo (Rim fire and center fire) last Summer and laid in a good stock then but my stock is starting to get lower than I like now. Started limiting my shooting time at the range to just enough to keep the rust of my skills.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Well I got a new stock for what may be my last SuperStock FOR ME. This will get me back to four after trading Stainless Twin earlier this year.

Thinking of trying a sporter this time in stead of an HT.

Hey rigrat aren't you the one that ended up with Ricochet's Running Boar that he turned down to .750"? I was thinking of doing that too.

Wait till you see this stock..............

I will give you a hint. Some guy named "Tuck" made it, I think for himself

On the ammo front I just picked up two bricks of Wolf MT and a can of SK Magazine all at regular, none rip off prices. Had about a brick of SK already and 4 or 5 bricks of CCI Std Vel.

What I need is a brick or two of Fed American Eagle AE5022 as that is my favorite 200 yard ammo and I am shooting that as much as anything these days. graycrait and I have been shooting golf balls, tennis balls and lately saltine crackers at 200 yards. Great fun but you go through ammo pretty quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk

Last edited by Vincent; 09-30-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:30 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIZZr View Post
HI, rigrat, I have not been posting much like you I have been shooting centerfire pistols a lot more lately. we have a local IDPA match once a month. bought a new SigSauer 1911 a month ago. that I have been playing with. would post a pic but I cannot get pics to load up. wizzr
hey Wizzr that sounds like fun always wanted to get into shooting at matches but don't think I will ever really get to do it.Bet that Sig is a good 1911. I picked up a Para GI expert here alittle while back and its a decent shooter but the finish stinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpsMgr View Post
What up guys? Good to hear from you Rigger and WIZZr.

Things are going well here but like Rigger posted, the availability and prices of rim fire ammo are off the charts. I started buying up ammo (Rim fire and center fire) last Summer and laid in a good stock then but my stock is starting to get lower than I like now. Started limiting my shooting time at the range to just enough to keep the rust of my skills.
I know what you are talking about Ops I only have around 300 rounds of 22's and what they want for thenm around me I can reload 9mm cheaper. once they are available again in quanity I will have about 15k rounds stored replenishing when it drops to 10k.I want get caught again without 22 ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Well I got a new stock for what may be my last SuperStock FOR ME. This will get me back to four after trading Stainless Twin earlier this year.

Thinking of trying a sporter this time in stead of an HT.

Hey rigrat aren't you the one that ended up with Ricochet's Running Boar that he turned down to .750"? I was thinking of doing that too.

Wait till you see this stock..............

I will give you a hint. Some guy named "Tuck" made it, I think for himself

On the ammo front I just picked up two bricks of Wolf MT and a can of SK Magazine all at regular, none rip off prices. Had about a brick of SK already and 4 or 5 bricks of CCI Std Vel.

What I need is a brick or two of Fed American Eagle AE5022 as that is my favorite 200 yard ammo and I am shooting that as much as anything these days. graycrait and I have been shooting golf balls, tennis balls and lately saltine crackers at 200 yards. Great fun but you go through ammo pretty quick.
Vince,

I got 1 10/22 that hasn't been worked on so I might just end up doing 1 last one myself someday. I did end up with miss piggy from Rico its on my only build right now. But I haven't got around to setting it up with the barrel.
I bet that stock is some kind of a looker, ole Tuck can do some very nice stocks.
Haven't been able to get any ammo myself if you aren't at the store when they put their meager little stock out they get you don't get any.

I did just use a duracoat kit and refinished my 1911 officer model and almost all of my Marlin lever 44 mag. kit proved to be pretty good , my skills are severly rusty though.

Other than that I've been loading and shooting my 38 specials. grown to like them pretty good.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:07 PM
WIZZr
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Rigrat, p.m. sent. wizzr
Old 10-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Hope to start a build thread next week. Have stock, have receiver(s) on the way, have two of the better Ruger triggers yet, ordered barrel today and have to mail Bolt to Que. Used to do my own bolts but our friend does such good work for such reasonable prices it is almost not worth messing with them.

Can you say "Tuck Finger Groove" Sneak peak:

Old 10-10-2013, 08:47 AM
OpsMgr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Really nice stock Vince!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ops it looks so much better in real life. I was at the range yesterday with graycrait (you guys would really like Craig) and one of the members is shooting a beautiful Kimber SuperAmerica and he is telling me how nice THIS stock is!!

Old 10-26-2013, 09:25 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Nice I like that.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I shot it today!! Functioned perfectly and shot some promising groups but I was suffering from extreme eye strain for some reason.

So far I really like the Fedderson barrel. Man is that thing shiny inside. Like a mirror with grooves!! Pictures and report to follow

Last edited by Vincent; 10-28-2013 at 08:40 PM.