The "I want to make money selling ammo" thread - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:46 PM
Weimar
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I put up some extra 22 lr and couple boxes of 45 LC and 2 357 mag - the 357, 45 LC and some 22 lr sold, the rest didn't. This was on a fairly large gunboard.

I decided to try and see what the market was, didn't try gunbroker (have used them for years), but get tired of the fees and fickle market. If I could get $150 a 500 round box, I'd sell a couple thousand But the market isn't doing that....

Maybe I'll drop some on arms list locally
Old 02-12-2021, 01:12 PM
mtnhickorynut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPig View Post
Just a question, is there anywhere in the states that one can hunt with lead shot?
Have case upon case of 4 and 6 high base 12Guage that I have not been able to use in California for decades.
Not a problem in the heartland.
Should be relatively easy to find a good use for these cases.
Old 05-26-2021, 11:07 AM
AvisFriso

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm a simple guy who likes to side hustle from time to time. I like completing surveys and playing games for real money, but I never thought about selling ammo online. I'm not a gun person and I don't know anything about guns or ammo, but I think it is illegal to sell ammo online. First, I think that this action is not responsible, because you could sell minor ammo without knowing, and also because of safety reasons. I don't advise doing such a thing, and I suggest you make money using a safer way.

Last edited by AvisFriso; 06-10-2021 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-26-2021, 12:08 PM
blues addict

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Since last May prices have gone up here at Academy which is the only big box within 70 miles of me. EX: 9 MM was 10.99 for 50 rounds last May. it's 17 to 18.99 now for same box of 50. I saw a letter posted on Winchester letterhead that stated they were going up 5 to 8% to dealers starting 5/1/2021. Selling no reloading supplies for at least 4 months. FWI: Palmetto State Armory at one time was the cheapest place around in Upstate SC to buy ammo. Now they have limits if they have it and prices are as high as anyone else.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:17 PM
Tripplebeards

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I sold 8 pounds of 700x in an unopened cardboard cylinder for $400 last month. Posted it on craigstilst. I had four people call within 15 minutes and were literally fighting over it. Sold it it needless to say. I have the same style 8 pound cardboard unopened cylinder of green dot I might do the same with.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:22 AM
*Rim-Star*

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
If your going to be selling 22 ammo you might want to get it listed quick, ammo on GB and other sites are dropping fast.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:39 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I traded 6 bricks of 22lr to a dealer for a new Glock 44. It is for my wife. She is limited to 22lr and can not pull a double action trigger. It has been very good so far.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:04 PM
Hobbiest

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro View Post
I agree. I think this drought will last for at least a few years or more.
I dont think so but it is just an opinion. Guns are coming back. Places like Scheels are doing what they should have done during the last drought to bring scalping to its knees. Raise the prices and limit the amount sold. Raised prices keep the scalpers from buying. Halving high prices means people will see it on the shelf, quit panic buying, inventory will sit longer and manufactures will get caught up and prices will fall as fear falls. I HOPE.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:18 PM
Hobbiest

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I think selling at you local small gun store is the easiest way. Not sure if its the most profitable. I sold 700 rnds about 10 months ago of something that never shoots well for me and was happy to see it go. While I generally agree with capitalism and buying low and selling high, based on the last .22 shortage couple yrs back Im not sure how I feel about scalpers highjacking the entire supplies within seconds online or within min in person and holding an entire industry hostage with a fake shortage really. This time prices have increased from the online distributors and the stores and I ultimately believe it will end the shortage much much sooner. When the average person can buy it at any time from regular sources even at a higher price, the price will come down. Before when the scalpers bought it low and sold high you couldn't find it. Right now with a pile 100 rnds of 9mm selling for 60.00(used to be 22.00) and its just sitting on your local gun stores shelf, the scalpers cant do anything.

Last edited by Hobbiest; 05-30-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-19-2021, 05:11 PM
3darcher2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I’ve sold a decent amount of ammo on GB since last December. I did a couple thing. I basically used it as a chance to rotate stock first of all. A lot of what I had built up to was from the 2016 era. I had what’s probably an average amount here of about 20K 22LR but there was a lot of lower end blasting ammo like TB, GB, some Federal and Win bulk packs like 555, 333, etc. Stuff I got that was better than nothing.

When prices became obscene on GB I sold some of that and reinvested it in some better stuff. CCI MM and SV especially. I also upgraded my. blasting ammo to Federal Automatch. I was fortunate that my wife frequents out local WMs about every day. We also have a few Dunham’s nearby. So I basically consolidated most of my 22 into a few types and improved it. I actually was able to do the same thing with some older 9mm that I hadn’t shot. Like many, I got rid of some ammo and components for some centerfires I no longer own.

One thing I realized was not everyone lives near town or WM. I shipped several of my auctions to the Midwest like OK, KS and some TX where people don’t run 100 miles round trip to WM to see if they have any ammo in stock. It’s more cost effective to make a bulk purchase on GB and have it come to your door. I do have some cheapies left, including about 80 boxes of 50 round T Bolts that were too much to mess with and a bunch of Win 333s that didn’t pan out for me, but I put the money toward a lot of MM and SV and just ordered a few bricks of Eley. So it helped me and it helped those folks who don’t live 3 miles from 2 WMs. I’ve actually expanded up to 30K despite the fact I sold 10. Shipping by UPS has been a non-issue. It’s really simple.

Last edited by 3darcher2; 06-19-2021 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-19-2021, 05:16 PM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3darcher2 View Post
Iíve sold a decent amount of ammo on GB since last December. I did a couple thing. I basically used it as a chance to rotate stock first of all. A lot of what I had built up to was from the 2016 era. I had whatís probably an average amount here of about 20K 22LR but there was a lot of lower end blasting ammo like TB, GB, some Federal and Win bulk packs like 555, 333, etc. Stuff I got that was better than nothing.

When prices became obscene on GB I sold some of that and reinvested it in some better stuff. CCI MM and SV especially. I also upgraded my. blasting ammo to Federal Automatch. I was fortunate that my wife frequents out local WMs about every day. We also have a few Dunhamís nearby. So I basically consolidated most of my 22 into a few types and improved it. I actually was able to do the same thing with some older 9mm that I hadnít shot. Like many, I got rid of some ammo and components for some centerfires I no longer own.

One thing I realized was not everyone lives near town or WM. I shipped several of my auctions to the Midwest like OK, KS and some TX where people donít run 100 miles round trip to WM to see if they have any ammo in stock. Itís more cost effective to make a bulk purchase on GB and have it come to your door. I do have some cheapies left, including about 80 boxes of 50 round T Bolts that were too much to mess with and a bunch of Win 333s that didnít pan out for me, but I put the money toward a lot of MM and SV and just ordered a few bricks of Eley. So it helped me and it helped those folks who donít live 3 miles from 2 WMs. Iíve actually expanded up to 30K despite the fact I sold 10. Shipping by UPS has been a non-issue. Itís really simple.
Thanks for the worthwhile way to go about it.