Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-19-2021, 01:03 AM
DaveInDenver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Keystone 722 vs T1x

Thinking about a Keystone 722 or a T1x as an upgrade to my Svg B22.

The base 722 is $300 and the base T1x is $500.

I want to be a VG plinker but I will not be going for the gold. Will not be spending $$$ on high-end target ammo, but just CCI-SV for general target shooting and low-end Eley or GECO when I want to impress myself. (Is this too honest?)

The first question is will shooting that grade of ammo perform noticeably better with a T1x or 722? (I want more then .22" better groups at 50yrds, a lot better.)

So assuming the T1x or 722 will get that ammo into much better groups, will there be much of difference between the T1x and the 722 with that ammo?

Another way of asking; does the T1x require $$$ ammo for great groups OR will it 'over deliver' on generically good recreation ammo like CCI-SV and low-end Elely or GECO? Or save a buck and be happy with a 722?
Old 03-19-2021, 09:58 AM
drover
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
I have never seen a Keystone and cannot offer an opinion of them. However, being the owner of two Tikka T1x, both in 22 LR, I will say that those two have been the most accurate out of the box entry level rifles I have ever owned. Both will give consistent sub-1/2" five shot groups with CCI S/V on a calm day and if I am on my game it is not unusual to shoot sub-1/2" ten shot groups - at 50 yards of course.

The only thing done to them is to adjust the trigger to the weight of pull that I like, make sure the action screws are tight, mount a scope and start shooting good groups. No having to bed the action, free-float the barrel, etc to make them perform well.

They are not the most attractive firearm but they live up to the old saying - pretty is as pretty does. In which case they are a truly beautiful rifle.

drover
Old 03-19-2021, 11:08 AM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have no first hand experience with Keystone products, in fact I wasn't even aware of them until a couple weeks ago reading on this forum. I know, I lead a fairly sheltered life. Anyway, they are an interesting company and I am impressed. Having said that, I'm a big fan of Tikka/Sako rifles and have never been let down by them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2021, 11:33 AM
56S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the 722V and my neighbor has the T1-X. In our case the Keystone has a slight edge accuracy wise with most ammo we shoot. If you discount the bulk plinking stuff like Thunderbolts and Golden Bullets the 722 wins every time. The Tikka has more scope mounting options due to the KSA high scope mount but that only shows up using a 30mm scope since 1" rings are available in more heights.
The Tikka action feels more like a larger rifle but the 722's action grows on you.
Where the 722 wins hands down is customer service.
There is also the preference of wood vs synthetic.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:05 PM
Hippy

TPC Rating: 
78% (5)
This Target was shot shortly after purchasing my 722 there was NO cleaning between rounds - these were shot outdoors @ 50 yds-My Grandson has now claimed it and he is deadly on Squirrels

Hoping to someday have a real range session with it to really ring it out.722 Imgure.jpg

Jim

Last edited by Hippy; 03-19-2021 at 12:06 PM. Reason: added content
Old 03-19-2021, 07:35 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I own both (the 722 Deluxe youth version). However, I have put neither one of them to any kind of serious evaluation. I can say I was shocked at how well the little 722 shot! I bought it for a grandson who has to grow into it (maturity-wise), but he's just months away I think.

I do expect my Tikka 1X to be more gun than the 722 though.

Maybe I'll be wrong?
Old 03-20-2021, 11:26 PM
DaveInDenver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
VG info folks! Thx!
Old 03-21-2021, 07:53 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (116)
I cant speak to the 722 but I can for the Tikka, the 3 or 4 I have had experience with shot lights out, and they all liked CCI SV. Lapua Center X or Midas plus is amazing in them, best accuracy for the price out there.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:08 PM
Badlandsboy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am sorry I can't speak for the T1X , but I do have a KSA 722 classic and it is on the very top of the heap of guns I have owned & it does like the CCI std v . It beats out my browning t-bolts ,and my CZ455 along with my other 22's. It gives up nothing to any of them. Really love the clip design too. I am pleasantly surprised with how well it shoots the lower priced ammo. As pointed out by others Keystone customer service is outstanding & rifle is made in U.S.A. with a lifetime warranty,

Last edited by Badlandsboy; 03-25-2021 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:22 AM
th82457

TPC Rating: 
92% (9)
I have a 722 varmint with the thumbhole walnut stock. It shoots extremely well for a rifle at this price point. As with most .22's - the better grade ammo shoots consistently better. Mine seems to prefer Lapua Pistol King best so far, but shoots several ammo varieties well. The trigger could be a bit better - I assume the T1 may have a slight advantage there. The walnut on my rifle is very well finished. I do not think you can go wrong with either choice. As stated by another poster - Keystone customer service is outstanding & rifle is made in U.S.A. with a lifetime warranty,