Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Frozen Jim from North Dakota

792 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Rimfire Junkie 
#1 ·
---------------------
50 ft. Indoors (But really outdoors)
---------------------
249 14x Jim Cartwright, Cando North Dakota (Kid 10/22)
NS 522. Burris 6X HBR II. Eley Match EPS
Stith Sporter stock, tuned trigger...., this is harder than it looks, got carried away and blew a shot. It looks like a now or never deal up here, been bone chilling cold and is expected to not even reach above zero next week at all, so I did the out the window deal agin...haha. Shot Outdoors, 10 above, 12 mph wind,10 inches of white crap, wind chill -5
---------------------
25yds Outdoors
---------------------
246 14x Jim Cartwright. Cando, North Dakota (Kid 10/22)
NS 522, Burris 6X HBR II. Eley Match EPS
Stith Sporter stock, tuned trigger....
---------------------
50yds Outdoors
---------------------
235 3x Jim Cartwright. Cando, North Dakota (Kid 10/22)
NS 522. Burris 6X HBR II. Eley Tenex
Stith sporter stock, tuned trigger.....
---------------------

See less See more
#3 ·
That's awfully good Jim.Especially with that weather and a 6x scope.Impressive.Maybe you can give GG some pointers.:rolleyes: Sorry GG....I just couldn't resist.You'll get the clickclack figured out.Just give it time.....Time!!!Yeehaw!!!!Give it to Time!!:D

#6 ·
Kid Bolthead
It takes a special "fool" to get out and shoot in that kind of weather and any score is great. I would probally be trying to set up a heated "Texas deer stand" on a trailor ar something so that I could stay warm and not worry about ammo temps.
I like the shorts and T-shirt weather for shooting. Down here 50 degrees is chilly and 32 is just flat cold, unless deer hunting.
Hey good shooting "Mr Bolthead"
graybeard

#7 ·
Seems to me that Kidd Bolthead is using a "DakotaLand" Heated Deer Stand for his Match Shooting these days. (At least I think that is what he told me.) If you don't know what that is, well let's just say it consists of a special rest on the mirror on a "97 Chevy Pickup, and something about the power seat adjustment for a rear rest. I really don't know how he can hit the Bullseye with the motor running on that Chevy, but Kidd Bolthead seems to be doing it, and doing it quite well. Just imagine what he can do without any distractions (Vibrations).

Good shootin Kidd.

Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.